IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Moved from working on the elbow for shallowing to more of a dorsiflexion feel, revving I guess. I like it. At first I was only feeling it at A4 and then making my normal swing from there, I only started to see better results once I consciously maintained the feel to A5.

Yesterday, trying to feel the trail elbow lower.

Today, with the revving sensation. What strikes me most is how much deeper my hands are now.

Actually, looking at these side by said makes me quite happy. :dance:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

A6 after revving from A4 to A5. The revving works great and the better footwork really helps too. Looking forward to trying this with a full followthrough, might have to pony up for the indoor range or simulator soon.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Actually, looking at these side by said makes me quite happy.

It should, that's great work.  I like seeing the clubhead a little inside the hands at A6.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Ugh. Spent an hour hitting balls last night and could't replicate the alignments from above. Cameras are great but at this point I think I really need to get a mirror set up to really get this piece nailed down, need that instant, real time feedback to really isolate the feels that accomplish the motion. At least I know how to accomplish it now even if I'm not able to do it on command. AND SLOW DOWN DAMNIT!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

@iacas and @mvmac , I'd like to nominate EJ for a Stupid Monkey award.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

@iacas and @mvmac, I'd like to nominate EJ for a Stupid Monkey award.

I appreciate the vote of confidence but I think there's still a lot of room for me to get stupider. I think working with a mirror will be a BIG help.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I appreciate the vote of confidence but I think there's still a lot of room for me to get stupider. I think working with a mirror will be a BIG help.

I don't think you necessarily have to be the stupid est monkey..... :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I don't think you necessarily have to be the stupidest monkey.....

Well that's a relief, the competition for that is fierce! :w00t:

Hoping to make some progress this evening, real slow reps from A4 to A5. Really, really want to get to these two positions:

Those are my 2 bench marks right now.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Not easy, but I'm sure you'll get there.. I am going to post something about this in my thread later on tonight if the kids let me!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator
Not sure why but I assumed EJ already had one. Doh! I eagerly second this motion!

They are on sabbatical. Nobody has them right now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They are on sabbatical. Nobody has them right now.

Just as well. I'm flattered by the nominations from @David in FL and @Golfingdad but I don't really think I'm there yet but I'm getting much better at being stupid. I think the only benefit of having a stupid monkey badge would be the added motivation of not wanting to lose it. I do a fair amount of slow reps and rehearsals but rarely post them. In general I'll only post the clips from the end of a session when I think I've got the piece as good as it's going to look from that particular session. Might be a good idea to start posting rehearsals and mapping too so I have references to what has worked in the past to nudge the picture closer to my desired geometry. Anyway, I don't want the badge, I want the swing!* *but I will take the badge once I've earned it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Just as well. I'm flattered by the nominations from @David in FL and @Golfingdad but I don't really think I'm there yet but I'm getting much better at being stupid. I think the only benefit of having a stupid monkey badge would be the added motivation of not wanting to lose it. I do a fair amount of slow reps and rehearsals but rarely post them. In general I'll only post the clips from the end of a session when I think I've got the piece as good as it's going to look from that particular session. Might be a good idea to start posting rehearsals and mapping too so I have references to what has worked in the past to nudge the picture closer to my desired geometry.

Anyway, I don't want the badge, I want the swing!*

*but I will take the badge once I've earned it.

Oh yes, I have been threatened to have my stupid monkey badge taken away before :-D

Just keep at it, this game is a crazy brilliant game.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Had it one day, lost it the next, trying to find it again. Almost there but not quite, somethings amiss.

Seemed so gosh darn easy when I had it but I'll be damned if I can do it again. St00pid game. :pound:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

You are getting the "hogan roll" ..I knew you could do it, looks so good now, Roll on brother,,roll on

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

You are getting the "hogan roll" ..I knew you could do it, looks so good now,

Roll on brother,,roll on

Don't want to Hijack this thread but what is the hogan roll?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Don't want to Hijack this thread but what is the hogan roll?

Will try and explain,,as best as I can.. So we have three things IN GOLF to deal with that move or are going to move. BALL CLUB PERSON. Its just as simple as that for being very clear on what are the three Components of The Golf game. The rules are that they dont have to all sink up in order to make the game easy or you improving. There is no best design club nor ball for playing great everday. There is no optimum height either low or high for getting the ball close or away from where your having to go and that is the CUP. You will be called upon during every round to produce some way to get from here to there because only you put you in that spot. What puts you in bad spots is always because you were trying to mechanically control the ball and club and what you thought would do this in fact did that and at that point that becomes an issue because what you thought didnt work so you simply think I have no clue how to do what I thought. Well on the BALL AND THE CLUB AND YOUR PERSON points of your and everyones interest will have to be the SOUTH POLE OR BOTTOM FOLLOWED BY A MIDLINE OE EQUATOR THAT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS FOLLOWED BY THE TOP AND THEN THERE IS FRONT AND BACK. Those are the order of IMPORTANCE SIMPLY because the further down the list you believe starting at the ball the most important aspect of controlling your score through the ball will always translate up for reason of all three must focus on the same orientation for reasons of it so easy when you do. The Hardest point is the SOUTH POLE so with that said maybe starting out your place is elsewhere therefore you work to get to the SOUTH POLE that how you start improving BUT on your way there there are times even a SOUTH POLE GUY just needs lets say to move the back or move the front or CHOP AT THE EQUATOR or TUMBLE THE NORTH POLE for reasons of I BET YOUR NOT IN THE FAIRWAY OR MISSED THE GREEN AND THATS WHEN THOSE COME INTO PLAY. ANY THOUGHTS OR FEEL PAST YOUR TWO HANDS TWO FEET AND HEAD are a waste of time and on your best days it becomes just Set your head up relative to the south pole and go. SPEAKING ONLY AS A SOUTH POLE DOMINATE CONTROLLER OF THE BALL MY TOOL AND MYSELF. ALSO WE ARE A MOVING INVERTED PENDULUM FROM SECTION TO SECTION THAT IS STILL ALL CONNECTED SOMEWAY SOME HOW.... YOU HAVE TO EXPECT YOUR SOFT TISSUE TO PERFORM HOW IT SHOULD AS WELL AS THE SOLID TISSUE. We are a continuous tension system with brief moments of compression we dont have to worry about creating forces or expelling forces we just do. Solid is A PERSONAL THING AND IMPLIES A LOT OF WAYS WE ALSO NEED NOT SOLID AND THIN AND CHUNKY AT CERTAIN TIMES FOR KILLING THE ENERGY INTO THE BALL BECAUSE CONDITIONS ARE VERY FIRM VERY FAST OR JUST FAST GREENS WITH SOFT FLOOR. Golf is about understanding how to USE THE LOFT AND ADDING OR SUBTRACTING IT IS A FUNCTION OF WHAT REGION OF THE BALL YOUR TRYING TO APPLY AND CONTROL THAT WITH. I understand as well that we can simply not care and just whack it well I just simply dont care alot and know i am whacking the south pole because I have taught myself how to use and apply it to all three things in the game. The small bones of hands and feet and this is the only body stuff ill speak of allow for your state of FUNCTION TO BE GOOD GREAT OR BAD. FROM DAY TO DAY WE WILL VARY IN HOW THEY WILL OPERATE AND OR HOW THEY INTERACT WITH WHAT WE SEE OUTSIDE OF US. Your job is to be aware that they create FUNCTION AND MOVEMENT AND STABILITY BUT ARE CONNECTED TO ALL OF YOU AND BETWEEN THOSE FAR POINTS IS A HEAD MOUNTED ON TOP SO THERE'S FIVE AREAS THAT ARE ALWAYS DOING THE WORK AND EFFORT. Human movement is just about those points or places all the other stuff is just stuff and its all connected to the outer LIMBS AS YOUR HEAD IS A LIMB THAT IF BREAKS YOUR DEAD SO TREAT IT AS SUCH AND WITH RESPECT AND IF IT MOVES IT MOVES WHO CARES THE WAY YOU THINK AT THAT MOMENT MAY DICTATE THAT. The Divot on the ground or the spot on the face is all you have to understand why or how to make all things work together. Sweet spots and CG's and BALANCED whatever are STATIC NON MOVING THINGS. EVERYTHING IN MOTION THINGS SHIFT AND MOVE AROUND AND DO NOT HAVE TO BE CENTERED OR PIVOTAL OR PREDICTABLE IN ORDER FOR THAT MASS IN MOTION TO WORK BEST SO UNBALANCED THING PERFORM JUST AS WELL AS BALANCE THING. Think balance is key sucks you right back into thinking your doing something wrong and that sucks you right back into you just made Golf hard again and you stop moving period and start flinching and stalling and sticking. YOU CAN MOVE THE BALL YOU AND CLUB FROM ANY ANGLE TO ANY ANGLE THROUGH AT ANY ANGLE AND IF YOUR DIVOT POINTS OR EXPLAINS WHY YOUR BALL LEFT THAT WAY AND WENT THAT WAY OR DIDN"T GO THAT WAY THEN YOU KNOW HOW IT WENT WRONG OR RIGHT. ALL A BALLS DISTANCE COMES FROM A COLLISION AND SWEEPING IS A COLLISION WITH HIGH AMOUNTS OF SPIN or HIGH AMOUNTS OF LOW IN THE FACE AND THE BALL WILL NOT RISE BUT IT WILL TRAVEL FORWARD.. Its only a screw up if you did not intend to do that no matter what you do. SO UNDERSTANDING HOW TO MOVE THE ROUND BALL FROM HERE TO THERE BASED ON WHATS IT USING FOR TRACTION WE KNOW WHAT THE PROPULSION IS COMING FROM IS HOW YOU HAVE TO BREAK THE GAME DOWN. In flight its the AIR AND IF THE AIR IS MOVING AND WHAT DIRECTION and for some what density or non density do I play in. EVERYTHING IS A MANIPULATION BASED ON SIZE AND SCALE OF THE MANIPULATION REQUIRED IN YOUR WORLD OF HOW TO DO IT. Now you will all learn and find some new cool way to hit this shot or do this or do that. THE COOLNESS OF A SHOT STILL COUNTS AS ONE AND THE NON COOLNESS OF A SHOT COUNTS AS ONE AND IF THEY BOTH GO IN WHICH ONE IS MENTALLY EASIER TO DO WHEN IT COUNTS COOL COMES WHEN YOU HAVE TO RECOVER OR OVERCOME A BAD ANGLE. Just pay attention on the course and you learn when MORE MANIPULATION IS REQUIRED AND WHEN LESS MANIPULATION IS REQUIRED. I will stick with little curves and balls falling one way or another I BIG CURVE IT WHEN IM NOT IN FAIRWAY PERIOD OR IF TEE SHOT DEMANDS IT OTHER THEN THAT I DON"T RISK A BAD SCORE FOR THINKING I MUST CURVE IT NOR DO I THINK CURVING IT GUARANTEES A GREAT SCORE again the AIR HAS A LOT TO SAY AND DO WITH WHAT YOU DO ITS WITH OR AGAINST YOU PLAYING WELL. DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR HANDS TO GET THE BALL WHERE YOU TOTALLY BELIEVE YOU NEED TO GET IT AND its about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION for IMPROVEMENT AND PLAYING AT A HIGH LEVEL. HOW FAR IS JUST HOW FAR YOU CAN RELOCATE THE BALL AND YES SOME DO IT FARTHER THEN OTHERS BUT THE BEST RELOCATE IT BETTER REGARDLESS OF THEIR ABILITIES TO MOVE IT FAR PERIOD END OF STORY. DOING A TASK FOR HARDER LEADS TO AT SOME POINT YOU WILL HURT YOURSELF AND YOU TOTALLY LOST YOUR ABILITY TO PERFORM WELL YOUR EVERY THOUGHT IS ABOUT DISTANCE and that I cannot help one with and do not care to because your body can do it all and not very thing or cell in you is designed for power or stretch so your nerve cells gets chewed to bits on a laymen s term level and lots of other things with that focus and or intent. Your gray matter can handle BALL CONTROL AND SCORE CONTROL UNREAL WELL AND GIVE YOU THE ABILITY TO MOVE THAT CONTROL A LITTLE FARTHER IF NEEDED BUT IT SOMETIMES LAYING BACK IN ORDER TO SUCCEED AND GIVE OUR SELF OUR BEST ROUND THAT DAY OR THAT SHOT AT THAT MOMENT POSSIBLE. So control leads to less movement simply because your not having to whind up for length and length leads to you having to move to accomplish it either more or faster. so shifts of things are relative to the dynamics f how hard you think you need to move the ball goes straight into how you think you need to move the club in order to do it. Thats what TEMPO IS or thinking out a shot to be played whats needed from these 5 points to be successful to do this right now. That wont ever change all 5 points will on every shot have to sort it out and one day you will just walk up and stand there and apply the answer with these 5 areas doing it as 1. What people see is there issue not your and don't feel the need to explain it. They work of of some totally different IDEA OR BOOK OR WHO KNOWS WHAT and WHO CARES. No matter if we push or pull or swing or hit THE MUSCLES AND BONES WORK HOW THEY WORK ON LINES OF PULL OR LINES OF MOVEMENT SO EXPECT THEM TO DO THAT AND IF YOU WANT TO THINK PUSH PULL TUG OR WHATEVER THAT'S YOUR CHOICE OR THINK NADA ITS A BETTER CHOICE AND YOU WILL LEARN WHERE THE RESISTANCE IS IN THINGS BY NOT TRYING TO CREATE A FEEL OR LEVERAGE OR LOAD. FLEX THE GRIP THE SHAFT FLEXES HENCE THE HEAD FLEXES THATS HOW THAT THING STACKS OUT you can FLEX THE MIDDLE YES or just MOVE THE HEAD on some path or track you see fit they all produce a great shot no one is better then the other. The Kick in a shaft has been and will always be after the ball has left for on and its unpredictable for two and your hand or hands can do what the same thing the shaft is trying to do anyways, If you workout and lift lots of weight they you realized how much load your hands and arms can do with a weight bar flexing against them with dead weights on the ends put it on your torso and see how long it can take that kinda stress or load its the same thing as wanting your body to flex anything or whip or pivot it . AGAIN Golf is easy if you train it to be played that way. Ball location trumps everything Im just lucky I can relocate mine any distance needed as relates to a Golf hole there not all 600 yard holes and if they were i still have three shots to get it there getting there early has no advantage other then it can backfire on you.

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Note: This thread is 2909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!