IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh, that reminds me, should I bring my camera or just something to dump video files on?

If you have a macbook, bring that because you can just air-drop the files.  Otherwise bring a flash drive.  You probably don't need your camera.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's official!

Heading down to Erie next month for in-person lessons with @iacas and @david_wedzik.

Equal parts Super-Stoked and nervous as hell!

Lotta tough love comin' my way, hope I don't get a concussion...

I think this will really get me over the hump, it's obviously not going to transform me into a single digit player over night but I think it will really accelerate my process. I really like Evolvr but I think it's clear that I need some hands on as I have NEVER taken a golf lesson in my life aside from Evolvr vids. I also think I'll get a LOT more out of Evolvr once David and Erik have had a chance to straighten me out a bit.

Ernest is a Happy Camper.

Now it's off to work to pretend I give a shit!

Wow, fantastic stuff!!!  Very excited for you, and I will agree whole-heartedly with Cipher's sentiments.  You're gonna have a great time!!

If you have a macbook, bring that because you can just air-drop the files.  Otherwise bring a flash drive.  You probably don't need your camera.

Or, at least for souvenirs sake, ask Dave if he's got more of these lying around:

Or, at least for souvenirs sake, ask Dave if he's got more of these lying around: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/91229/] [/URL]

Brilliant I want one!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator

Brilliant I want one!

They're pretty small (storage size) and I don't think we have any left.

Oh, that reminds me, should I bring my camera or just something to dump video files on?

You can bring your camera, but we probably won't use it. :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Heading down to Erie next month for in-person lessons with @iacas and @david_wedzik.

Who? Never heard of them.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Who? Never heard of them.

That's because it's inner circle stuff. ;-) Shhhh.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Can I be happy for you and jealous at the same time?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Starting to see real, lasting changes. In the past I would always be tipping out for the first handful of swings in a practice session before I would find "it" again and stop coming OTT and even then the majority of my swings would have the clubhead at least a little (sometimes a lot) outside my hands at A6 in a DTL view. Well, for the past week or so, probably around 5-6 sessions I haven't tipped out once, not at all, and I film all my swings when practicing so I would know! I still get my clubhead a little outside my hands at A6 but its definitely less than half the time and becoming rarer by the day. Last night I came home from an evening out with the wife, I was a little tipsy but I decided to hit 3 balls on film with no warm-up and no rehearsal swings, not even a waggle. Just for shits'n'giggles. All 3 were good (at least in terms of what I'm working on), shaft pointing about 3-6 inches beyond the ball at A5, clubhead inside the hands at A6.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Revving feel has lost a bit of it's magic, still getting a fairly good picture at A5 with the shaft pointing slightly beyond the golf ball but my right elbow has been markedly less pitchy in my last session. Elbows are even, gotta get that trail elbow lower. I switched over to more of an elbow focus and started to get it back.

Note to self: Palmar flexion needs to drive right elbow into more of a pitch position. Almost need to feel the action in the right wrist a little more as well as that seems to really encourage a better elbow position in transition.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads, not sure if I should continue to work on this or wait for my trip to Erie. I just hope I'm working on this properly.

I've gotten a lot better at practicing though. I now try to work in "3 ball sets". Typically I'll run a camera at 30fps and do a lot of mapping and rehearsal especially from A4 to A5 and maybe a few full swings at partial and full speeds with no ball and then finally hit a ball. I'll repeat this pattern until I've hit all 3 balls, this set typically runs around 8-10 minutes. Then I'll review the video to make sure that the movements I'm making are the desired ones. I'll skip around a bit in review mode so probably around 5-6 minutes. I'll usually do 2 sets like this and then set-up to do some 120 or 240fps (depending on the light) videos of 3 balls hit full swing and full speed, some of these sets will be with a drill mentality and some will be just "clear mind, address ball, swing" to replicate what I'd ideally be doing on the course. So a typical session would look a bit like this:

30fps drilling set: 10 minutes - 3 balls plus 5 minutes review

120fps full swing set: 2 minutes - 3 balls plus 5 minutes review freeze frames, trace lines...

30fps drilling set: 10 minutes - 3 balls plus 5 minutes review

120fps full swing set: 2 minutes - 3 balls plus 5 minutes review freeze frames, trace lines...

Amongst these sets there's probably around another 10 minutes of reflection and unrecorded backswing rehearsal and whatnot.

So it works out to around 50-60 minutes and I've only actually hit 15 balls. Since starting to practice like this I've made much better progress as I am spending a lot more time at the edge of my abilities rather than beyond them.

If anyone reading this has trouble practicing with a purpose you might try using a "3 ball set" approach, YMMV but it has helped me get away from the machine gunning balls syndrome. The constant review helps put the brakes on too. I use my camera a ton because I'm hitting into a net that's only a few feet away, I will continue to use a camera once the ranges open up but not as obsessively as I do now. I will have my ball flight to use as a gauge on the range.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah... :sleep:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator

I was tempted to give you the Stupid Monkey badge… but I'd like to see it in person, so it's a month or so away. :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was tempted to give you the Stupid Monkey badge… but I'd like to see it in person, so it's a month or so away. :D

Badges are awesome but I just want to play better golf!

I'll try to get some video of me practicing up this week, not for the badge, I'd just like you ( @iacas ) to take a quick peek and make sure I'm still on the right track. I'd hate to put a ton of reps into something that you'll have to "undo" later.

:-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

All good stuff, but I'm mostly interested in what's going on here. ;-)

Equal parts navel gazing and practicing my fist pump.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Ernest...where is the most recent video face on? You have the 2011 thread beginner and I don't want to go through 26 pages looking for a more recent one or is the 2011 video what you are doing today as well....thanks

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

Ernest...where is the most recent video face on? You have the 2011 thread beginner and I don't want to go through 26 pages looking for a more recent one or is the 2011 video what you are doing today as well....thanks

Since losing the left side off my face in a tragic fencing incident I have been very reluctant to post FO videos. I know this is a problem and makes swing analysis difficult. I need to get over it but it's been very difficult. Luckily my wife is blind in one eye so we get along well enough. In any case, based on your posts in other threads I'd really rather you peddle your wares elsewhere as you seem to be...how shall I put this...mentally stunted? Obtuse? Thick? Daft? I like daft, let's go with that. Besides, you've demonstrated zero ability to process even the most rudimentary of images and a penchant for parroting the typical Leadbetter-esque tripe that has held back generations of golfers from ever improving. So, thanks but no thanks. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go moisturize my gaping face wound. Ciao.

• Upvote 2

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I almost just choked to death on the glass of water I was drinking while reading that post, Ernest. Goodness gracious that made my day :-D

Constantine

Since losing the left side off my face in a tragic fencing incident I have been very reluctant to post FO videos. I know this is a problem and makes swing analysis difficult. I need to get over it but it's been very difficult. Luckily my wife is blind in one eye so we get along well enough.

In any case, based on your posts in other threads I'd really rather you peddle your wares elsewhere as you seem to be...how shall I put this...mentally stunted? Obtuse? Thick? Daft? I like daft, let's go with that.

Besides, you've demonstrated zero ability to process even the most rudimentary of images and a penchant for parroting the typical Leadbetter-esque tripe that has held back generations of golfers from ever improving.

So, thanks but no thanks.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go moisturize my gaping face wound.

Ciao.

Oh, ok.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

Note: This thread is 2910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!