IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by MS256

How much a fat shot affects a shot off of a mat depends on your angle of attack. My angle of attack is so shallow that I can get away with ridiculously fat shots on a mat (or any hard surface) and barely even know that I am hitting it fat.

Once I get on grass (especially on wet ground) that same impact is fat enough to be a disaster. When I practice off of my mat at home I always also hit some balls off of the ground just to make sure I'm not grooving impacts that are not going to work on the course.

Yeah, I know what you mean, that's the danger of practicing on mats. That is why I always lay a strip of masking tape behind my ball so I can monitor my swing bottom.

I'm thinking that 3/4" while FAR from ideal shouldn't be too much of a disaster on the occasions that it happens, I mean it's not like I'm hitting 4" behind the ball and laying sod over it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I'm thinking that 3/4" while FAR from ideal shouldn't be too much of a disaster on the occasions that it happens, I mean it's not like I'm hitting 4" behind the ball and laying sod over it.

When it shows up the most for me is with a sand or gap wedge. That sharp leading edge can really grab the ground if the ground is soft.

I don't even carry a 60 degree in the winter time for that reason and whenever possible I use a pitching wedge with more of a Steve Stricker stroke. Even when I am short sided I am usually better off with that technique and a longer putt in bad conditions.

• Administrator

Alright, so the last images I uploaded were from Feb 10. Here are some screenshots from a Mar 12 swing. I don't have any cool software so I used the control bar to mark my head position and movement. I think it has improved, still drifts around a bit but nowhere near as drastic as before and I'm back to making decent ball first contact again.

I hear this Analyzr software is pretty great... ;)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I hear this Analyzr software is pretty great... ;)

It would be awesome r if ' they ' released a version that could run on Windows.

Oh, and Ernest Jones, you are TST's Harry Potter. Keep working on that swing!!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

It would be awesomer if 'they' released a version that could run on Windows.

Oh, and Ernest Jones, you are TST's Harry Potter. Keep working on that swing!!

Having never read Harry Potter (I'm a grown up) I'm not sure how to take that comment as I have no idea what it means . I'm gonna choose to not be offended, for now...that might change when I get home and ask my wife what it means .

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Having never read Harry Potter (I'm a grown up) I'm not sure how to take that comment as I have no idea what it means. I'm gonna choose to not be offended, for now...that might change when I get home and ask my wife what it means.

I'm gonna guess he's saying you look a little like him???  No offense meant, I'm sure. ;)

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I'm gonna guess he's saying you look a little like him???  No offense meant, I'm sure. ;)

Ernest, just busting on you bud.

No offense taken. Funny, I have NEVER once been told I look like Harry Potter. I guess you Cali boys start drinking pretty early huh?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

No offense taken. Funny, I have NEVER once been told I look like Harry Potter. I guess you Cali boys start drinking pretty early huh?

Hahahah this Venti Pike taste damn good!!

Figured I'd go ahead and change my avatar before Erik did it for me , I like it, I look very 'ernest'.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator
It would be awesome r if ' they ' released a version that could run on Windows.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen! Windows sucks more than your practice habits. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Having never read Harry Potter (I'm a grown up) I'm not sure how to take that comment as I have no idea what it means. I'm gonna choose to not be offended, for now...that might change when I get home and ask my wife what it means.

If you read any amount, I would recommend you do read the Harry Potter series.  It is not soley for children.  Either that, or I am just immature.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

If you read any amount, I would recommend you do read the Harry Potter series.  It is not soley for children.  Either that, or I am just immature.

Yeah I know, my wife has read them all and is always trying to get me to read them, that and Fifty Shades of Grey.

FWIW I do read all the time, currently rereading a stack of John Irving books that I have always loved, and after close to 18 years I am almost finished reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. My current favorite author is Michael Chabon.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

2 things I've learned from Analyzr:

1) I suck and have a ton of issues

2) I am steadily improving even in areas I'm not actively working on

And, DAMN, I need to get outta this cramped basement where I can make a full swing and followthrough!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• 4 weeks later...

I was super stoked to start Evolvr this week but we just got 6" of snow... Don't know if these video are good enough to start or not.

6iron DTL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id4YkCU2OyA

6iron FO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCnj_nfDWSw

Feel free to chime in. 120 fps 'cuz I didn't have enough light for 240.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Ha a PHO video.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 2889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!