IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Posting this so people can let me know if they see anything wrong with how I'm executing the drill.

Looks good to me.  Mike just gave me a good analysis on Evolvr regarding something similar.  I'm working on just the backswing, but doing similar slow motion moves and he wants it to be even slower.  Sometimes even holding the positions for a bit.  Whatever I can do to start getting comfortable with how it feels to be in the right positions at A3 and 4.

... as the wife was giving me the, "are on your little golf forum again when your supposed to be fixing the railing on the deck?" stare. So, sorry for the mess!

LOL, so I'm not the only one?  Everytime she sees me on the couch with the laptop its a teasing "oh, are you on your blog again?"  I try to tell her it's not a blog, but she doesn't care. ;)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL, so I'm not the only one?  Everytime she sees me on the couch with the laptop its a teasing "oh, are you on your blog again?"  I try to tell her it's not a blog, but she doesn't care. ;)

Yeah, I've been called a dork more times than I care to remember. Thanks honey. The slow motion drills are always greeted with a roll of the eyes. Lol. I don't care, I can beat her silly on a golf course.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Haven't hit any balls in a week as I had some family in town. Did a fair bit of slow rehearsal swings without a ball but was pretty limited in what I could work on late at night. Getting back at it now, had a good session last night with the net, hoping to hit the range this afternoon. My evolvr drill that I'm working on right now feels like I'm swing more under than around which is a very different feeling than what I had felt when swinging so I think that is a pretty good sign. Couldn't break a 100 with the old feeling so it's gotta be better! I can nail it pretty good without a ball but all the old tendencies come right back the minute I add a ball. I can see the god d@mn club shifting outwards on the downswing as soon as there is a ball, TOTALLY different motion than the practice swings. LOL.

***sigh***

Just gotta keep at it. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 2 weeks later...

Jeezus, if it ever stops raining maybe I can go practice

Monday I guess.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Jeezus, if it ever stops raining maybe I can go practice

Monday I guess.

That stinks, I had to wait an hour for the frost to get off the course this morning just to get in three holes before work.  I hate libvin' in da norte!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Wow, you can manage three holes before work? That is AWESOME. Do you do it daily? Your co-workers must all think your getting a hummer from the wife every morning after breakfast.

"Oh here comes Cipher with that silly f**king grin on his face."

I occasionally squeeze in a half bucket before work and it definitely gets the day off to a good start.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Wow, you can manage three holes before work? That is AWESOME. Do you do it daily? Your co-workers must all think your getting a hummer from the wife every morning after breakfast.

I occasionally squeeze in a half bucket before work and it definitely gets the day off to a good start.

Remember, Cipher is the boss of his company so he can do that. I wish I had enough time just to hit a small bucket, but I have an hour commute from home to work and vice versa.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Ok, I know you are having fun with me you mother trucker! If you are serious about the first part though, yes usually nine holes before work weather permitting. P.S. My wife is hot too!

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

Remember, Cipher is the boss of his company so he can do that. I wish I had enough time just to hit a small bucket, but I have an hour commute from home to work and vice versa.

If being the boss means teeing off at 5:30am so I can get in to work by 7:15am or so then yes sir I am taking advantage of that for shizzle. The commute to work here is nice, but the weather outside of summer, not so much.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Ok, I know you are having fun with me you mother trucker! If you are serious about the first part though, yes usually nine holes before work weather permitting. a2_wink.gif P.S. My wife is hot too! c2_beer.gif If being the boss means teeing off at 5:30am so I can get in to work by 7:15am or so then yes sir I am taking advantage of that for shizzle. c2_beer.gif The commute to work here is nice, but the weather outside of summer, not so much.

My wife's hot too. So much better than the alternative! I'm not sure what you mean by the mother trucker reference. Maybe the expression "hummer" is a regional thing?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

I am lucky enough that there is a course pretty close to me office that I can sneak over to at lunch time.  I usually go twice a week.  It's about a 5 minute drive, and after a medium bag, and a quick stop for food, I'm back at the office close to an hour later.  Of course, everybody thinks I'm weird because I took an hour lunch break, then brought food back with me to eat at my desk.

Originally Posted by cipher

Ok, I know you are having fun with me you mother trucker! If you are serious about the first part though, yes usually nine holes before work weather permitting.  P.S. My wife is hot too!

If being the boss means teeing off at 5:30am so I can get in to work by 7:15am or so then yes sir I am taking advantage of that for sizzle.   The commute to work here is nice, but the weather outside of summer, not so much.

Having my own (hot) wife at home as well, along with a couple of kids, I'm getting pretty good at figuring out ways to play and practice as much as possible without disprupting things too much over there.  Practicing during lunch at work is great, and I will take the occasional afternoon off and go play during the week (like yesterday!) ... maybe once a month or so.  I have also talked a couple of beginning, but somewhat enthusiastic, golfing co-workers into a regular 9-hole round at the local pitch-n-putt on Friday mornings.  6am, $9 for 9 holes, done by 7:15, into work early.

And, I haven't done it yet, but there are a couple of nice courses around here that have early morning weekday 9 hole rounds + breakfast special deals that I am going to start trying.

If I just tried to play and practice on the weekends, I'd be lucky to practice once a week, and play once or twice a month.  This way, I can get in all the practice I can handle, along with 3 or 4 rounds a month ... and everybody at home is happy!  (So its just an bonus when we leave the kids with grandpa and go play 9 holes together)

My wife's hot too.

First off... !

My wife's hot too. So much better than the alternative! I'm not sure what you mean by the mother trucker reference. Maybe the expression "hummer" is a regional thing?

No...I get it..."hummer"...ah not comfortable saying it any other way.  The "trucker" reference was just bad unrelated attempt at swearing without actually swearing.  I will be holding a press conference at 3pm to apologize for my use of unequivocally poor regional jargon.

Nate

The "trucker" reference was just bad unrelated attempt at swearing without actually swearing.

Next time try "melon farmer" ... we use that one at work a lot. :)

Got it from some Sam Jackson movie on network TV.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I am lucky enough that there is a course pretty close to me office that I can sneak over to at lunch time.  I usually go twice a week.  It's about a 5 minute drive, and after a medium bag, and a quick stop for food, I'm back at the office close to an hour later.  Of course, everybody thinks I'm weird because I took an hour lunch break, then brought food back with me to eat at my desk.

Having my own (hot) wife at home as well, along with a couple of kids, I'm getting pretty good at figuring out ways to play and practice as much as possible without disprupting things too much over there.  Practicing during lunch at work is great, and I will take the occasional afternoon off and go play during the week (like yesterday!) ... maybe once a month or so.  I have also talked a couple of beginning, but somewhat enthusiastic, golfing co-workers into a regular 9-hole round at the local pitch-n-putt on Friday mornings.  6am, $9 for 9 holes, done by 7:15, into work early.

And, I haven't done it yet, but there are a couple of nice courses around here that have early morning weekday 9 hole rounds + breakfast special deals that I am going to start trying.

If I just tried to play and practice on the weekends, I'd be lucky to practice once a week, and play once or twice a month.  This way, I can get in all the practice I can handle, along with 3 or 4 rounds a month ... and everybody at home is happy!  (So its just an bonus when we leave the kids with grandpa and go play 9 holes together)

That is sweet that you can get a quick 9 in during lunch.  It is hard when you have kids.  I know many of us have stated that we do not like to take time away from the fam too much on the weekends. You gotta find ways to play during the week. I have two yungens myself.  Try the mornings out, I love it myself, and E.J. is right I do come in to work with a smile on my face.

I have found out something kind of strange as of late though, that actually making friends does have some advantages.  For instance my neighbor friend(probably only because he thinks I am good at golf and wants to pick my brain...anyway) who hits more grass than ball, went ahead and asked my wife himself last weekend for us to squeeze a round of golf in.  Worked like a charm.  Also he had some left over mulch and gave it to us, told us we don't need to pay him back, I just need to take him golfing a couple times.  That being said I still will only golf on the weekends a few times a year, but it is nice to have that there.

So maybe we should all start a hot wife club as well?

P.S. E.J. sorry for crapping on your thread.  You can crap on mine anytime.

Nate

Work in progress but some of it is coming together. Wrist is flatter, head still moves around too much and I drift forward a bit (ironically because I'm trying too hard to not drift back!) from A2-A3 but I'm pretty happy with A6 and A7 at least in terms of where I'm coming from. I'm trying to feel like I'm swinging under myself more than around myself which seems to be helping me not stand-up as much through the shot, also encourages banking instead of spinning out. Haven't really had much luck with shallowing out, still WAY to steep.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Work in progress but some of it is coming together. Wrist is flatter, head still moves around too much and I drift forward a bit (ironically because I'm trying too hard to not drift back!) from A2-A3 but I'm pretty happy with A6 and A7 at least in terms of where I'm coming from. I'm trying to feel like I'm swinging under myself more than around myself which seems to be helping me not stand-up as much through the shot, also encourages banking instead of spinning out. Haven't really had much luck with shallowing out, still WAY to steep.

It's very slight in the video but maybe more noticable to the one making the video but it appears you are letting go of the club some at the top.

It's very slight in the video but maybe more noticable to the one making the video but it appears you are letting go of the club some at the top.

Yeah the right palm under the thumb comes off of the left at A4. It is hard to find the balance of allowing flexibility in the wrists to load starting down and keeping the grip strong enough. I am still trying to figure that one out. I like what you are doing at A6 for sure!

Nate

Originally Posted by onesome

Yeah the right palm under the thumb comes off of the left at A4. It is hard to find the balance of allowing flexibility in the wrists to load starting down and keeping the grip strong enough. I am still trying to figure that one out. I like what you are doing at A6 for sure!

Yeah, trying to stay loose in transition so gravity has a chance to help my arms drop properly. Obviously I become a little too loose but that's where I'm at. A lotta of things are working out but some other things are falling apart. Such is golf eh? Really just looking for the right recipe that will keep me turning instead of standing up, if I EVER get that cleaned up I'll be able to attack some of the other garbage in my motion. Weeks of rain have kept me swinging in the basement which is probably a blessing in disguise as my Evolvr coach wants me working with half swings until I sort out the standing up crap.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 2915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!