IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think someone's having a good time today.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

:-$

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Don't want to Hijack this thread but what is the hogan roll?

Will try and explain,,as best as I can.. So we have three things IN GOLF to deal with that move or are going to move. BALL CLUB PERSON. Its just as simple as that for being very clear on what are the three Components of The Golf game. The rules are that they dont have to all sink up in order to make the game easy or you improving. There is no best design club nor ball for playing great everday. There is no optimum height either low or high for getting the ball close or away from where your having to go and that is the CUP. You will be called upon during every round to produce some way to get from here to there because only you put you in that spot. What puts you in bad spots is always because you were trying to mechanically control the ball and club and what you thought would do this in fact did that and at that point that becomes an issue because what you thought didnt work so you simply think I have no clue how to do what I thought. Well on the BALL AND THE CLUB AND YOUR PERSON points of your and everyones interest will have to be the SOUTH POLE OR BOTTOM FOLLOWED BY A MIDLINE OE EQUATOR THAT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS FOLLOWED BY THE TOP AND THEN THERE IS FRONT AND BACK. Those are the order of IMPORTANCE SIMPLY because the further down the list you believe starting at the ball the most important aspect of controlling your score through the ball will always translate up for reason of all three must focus on the same orientation for reasons of it so easy when you do. The Hardest point is the SOUTH POLE so with that said maybe starting out your place is elsewhere therefore you work to get to the SOUTH POLE that how you start improving BUT on your way there there are times even a SOUTH POLE GUY just needs lets say to move the back or move the front or CHOP AT THE EQUATOR or TUMBLE THE NORTH POLE for reasons of I BET YOUR NOT IN THE FAIRWAY OR MISSED THE GREEN AND THATS WHEN THOSE COME INTO PLAY. ANY THOUGHTS OR FEEL PAST YOUR TWO HANDS TWO FEET AND HEAD are a waste of time and on your best days it becomes just Set your head up relative to the south pole and go. SPEAKING ONLY AS A SOUTH POLE DOMINATE CONTROLLER OF THE BALL MY TOOL AND MYSELF. ALSO WE ARE A MOVING INVERTED PENDULUM FROM SECTION TO SECTION THAT IS STILL ALL CONNECTED SOMEWAY SOME HOW.... YOU HAVE TO EXPECT YOUR SOFT TISSUE TO PERFORM HOW IT SHOULD AS WELL AS THE SOLID TISSUE. We are a continuous tension system with brief moments of compression we dont have to worry about creating forces or expelling forces we just do. Solid is A PERSONAL THING AND IMPLIES A LOT OF WAYS WE ALSO NEED NOT SOLID AND THIN AND CHUNKY AT CERTAIN TIMES FOR KILLING THE ENERGY INTO THE BALL BECAUSE CONDITIONS ARE VERY FIRM VERY FAST OR JUST FAST GREENS WITH SOFT FLOOR. Golf is about understanding how to USE THE LOFT AND ADDING OR SUBTRACTING IT IS A FUNCTION OF WHAT REGION OF THE BALL YOUR TRYING TO APPLY AND CONTROL THAT WITH. I understand as well that we can simply not care and just whack it well I just simply dont care alot and know i am whacking the south pole because I have taught myself how to use and apply it to all three things in the game. The small bones of hands and feet and this is the only body stuff ill speak of allow for your state of FUNCTION TO BE GOOD GREAT OR BAD. FROM DAY TO DAY WE WILL VARY IN HOW THEY WILL OPERATE AND OR HOW THEY INTERACT WITH WHAT WE SEE OUTSIDE OF US. Your job is to be aware that they create FUNCTION AND MOVEMENT AND STABILITY BUT ARE CONNECTED TO ALL OF YOU AND BETWEEN THOSE FAR POINTS IS A HEAD MOUNTED ON TOP SO THERE'S FIVE AREAS THAT ARE ALWAYS DOING THE WORK AND EFFORT. Human movement is just about those points or places all the other stuff is just stuff and its all connected to the outer LIMBS AS YOUR HEAD IS A LIMB THAT IF BREAKS YOUR DEAD SO TREAT IT AS SUCH AND WITH RESPECT AND IF IT MOVES IT MOVES WHO CARES THE WAY YOU THINK AT THAT MOMENT MAY DICTATE THAT. The Divot on the ground or the spot on the face is all you have to understand why or how to make all things work together. Sweet spots and CG's and BALANCED whatever are STATIC NON MOVING THINGS. EVERYTHING IN MOTION THINGS SHIFT AND MOVE AROUND AND DO NOT HAVE TO BE CENTERED OR PIVOTAL OR PREDICTABLE IN ORDER FOR THAT MASS IN MOTION TO WORK BEST SO UNBALANCED THING PERFORM JUST AS WELL AS BALANCE THING. Think balance is key sucks you right back into thinking your doing something wrong and that sucks you right back into you just made Golf hard again and you stop moving period and start flinching and stalling and sticking. YOU CAN MOVE THE BALL YOU AND CLUB FROM ANY ANGLE TO ANY ANGLE THROUGH AT ANY ANGLE AND IF YOUR DIVOT POINTS OR EXPLAINS WHY YOUR BALL LEFT THAT WAY AND WENT THAT WAY OR DIDN"T GO THAT WAY THEN YOU KNOW HOW IT WENT WRONG OR RIGHT. ALL A BALLS DISTANCE COMES FROM A COLLISION AND SWEEPING IS A COLLISION WITH HIGH AMOUNTS OF SPIN or HIGH AMOUNTS OF LOW IN THE FACE AND THE BALL WILL NOT RISE BUT IT WILL TRAVEL FORWARD.. Its only a screw up if you did not intend to do that no matter what you do. SO UNDERSTANDING HOW TO MOVE THE ROUND BALL FROM HERE TO THERE BASED ON WHATS IT USING FOR TRACTION WE KNOW WHAT THE PROPULSION IS COMING FROM IS HOW YOU HAVE TO BREAK THE GAME DOWN. In flight its the AIR AND IF THE AIR IS MOVING AND WHAT DIRECTION and for some what density or non density do I play in. EVERYTHING IS A MANIPULATION BASED ON SIZE AND SCALE OF THE MANIPULATION REQUIRED IN YOUR WORLD OF HOW TO DO IT. Now you will all learn and find some new cool way to hit this shot or do this or do that. THE COOLNESS OF A SHOT STILL COUNTS AS ONE AND THE NON COOLNESS OF A SHOT COUNTS AS ONE AND IF THEY BOTH GO IN WHICH ONE IS MENTALLY EASIER TO DO WHEN IT COUNTS COOL COMES WHEN YOU HAVE TO RECOVER OR OVERCOME A BAD ANGLE. Just pay attention on the course and you learn when MORE MANIPULATION IS REQUIRED AND WHEN LESS MANIPULATION IS REQUIRED. I will stick with little curves and balls falling one way or another I BIG CURVE IT WHEN IM NOT IN FAIRWAY PERIOD OR IF TEE SHOT DEMANDS IT OTHER THEN THAT I DON"T RISK A BAD SCORE FOR THINKING I MUST CURVE IT NOR DO I THINK CURVING IT GUARANTEES A GREAT SCORE again the AIR HAS A LOT TO SAY AND DO WITH WHAT YOU DO ITS WITH OR AGAINST YOU PLAYING WELL. DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR HANDS TO GET THE BALL WHERE YOU TOTALLY BELIEVE YOU NEED TO GET IT AND its about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION for IMPROVEMENT AND PLAYING AT A HIGH LEVEL. HOW FAR IS JUST HOW FAR YOU CAN RELOCATE THE BALL AND YES SOME DO IT FARTHER THEN OTHERS BUT THE BEST RELOCATE IT BETTER REGARDLESS OF THEIR ABILITIES TO MOVE IT FAR PERIOD END OF STORY. DOING A TASK FOR HARDER LEADS TO AT SOME POINT YOU WILL HURT YOURSELF AND YOU TOTALLY LOST YOUR ABILITY TO PERFORM WELL YOUR EVERY THOUGHT IS ABOUT DISTANCE and that I cannot help one with and do not care to because your body can do it all and not very thing or cell in you is designed for power or stretch so your nerve cells gets chewed to bits on a laymen s term level and lots of other things with that focus and or intent. Your gray matter can handle BALL CONTROL AND SCORE CONTROL UNREAL WELL AND GIVE YOU THE ABILITY TO MOVE THAT CONTROL A LITTLE FARTHER IF NEEDED BUT IT SOMETIMES LAYING BACK IN ORDER TO SUCCEED AND GIVE OUR SELF OUR BEST ROUND THAT DAY OR THAT SHOT AT THAT MOMENT POSSIBLE. So control leads to less movement simply because your not having to whind up for length and length leads to you having to move to accomplish it either more or faster. so shifts of things are relative to the dynamics f how hard you think you need to move the ball goes straight into how you think you need to move the club in order to do it. Thats what TEMPO IS or thinking out a shot to be played whats needed from these 5 points to be successful to do this right now. That wont ever change all 5 points will on every shot have to sort it out and one day you will just walk up and stand there and apply the answer with these 5 areas doing it as 1. What people see is there issue not your and don't feel the need to explain it. They work of of some totally different IDEA OR BOOK OR WHO KNOWS WHAT and WHO CARES. No matter if we push or pull or swing or hit THE MUSCLES AND BONES WORK HOW THEY WORK ON LINES OF PULL OR LINES OF MOVEMENT SO EXPECT THEM TO DO THAT AND IF YOU WANT TO THINK PUSH PULL TUG OR WHATEVER THAT'S YOUR CHOICE OR THINK NADA ITS A BETTER CHOICE AND YOU WILL LEARN WHERE THE RESISTANCE IS IN THINGS BY NOT TRYING TO CREATE A FEEL OR LEVERAGE OR LOAD. FLEX THE GRIP THE SHAFT FLEXES HENCE THE HEAD FLEXES THATS HOW THAT THING STACKS OUT you can FLEX THE MIDDLE YES or just MOVE THE HEAD on some path or track you see fit they all produce a great shot no one is better then the other. The Kick in a shaft has been and will always be after the ball has left for on and its unpredictable for two and your hand or hands can do what the same thing the shaft is trying to do anyways, If you workout and lift lots of weight they you realized how much load your hands and arms can do with a weight bar flexing against them with dead weights on the ends put it on your torso and see how long it can take that kinda stress or load its the same thing as wanting your body to flex anything or whip or pivot it . AGAIN Golf is easy if you train it to be played that way. Ball location trumps everything Im just lucky I can relocate mine any distance needed as relates to a Golf hole there not all 600 yard holes and if they were i still have three shots to get it there getting there early has no advantage other then it can backfire on you.

:surrender:

Constantine

[VIDEO] http://youtu.be/gnuMG_kABVU [/VIDEO] [VIDEO] http://youtu.be/nTSGdERVVeg [/VIDEO] Abdu..I'm not the best with words, this video says it all. Carry on Ernest..nice job. I found a great teacher out of Sri Lanka..he has it all for me, with online lessons. Chow

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

[URL=http://[URL=http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/cpeterich/?action=view&current;=Carve_Smash_Combo_Strokes.gif] [/URL]][URL=http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii547/cpeterich/?action=view&current;=Carve_Smash_Combo_Strokes.gif] This was me a few weeks ago,,hitting off of a building illegally. ... All golf, all it ever was..5 keys of golf into one. ( have video) ..not bad, kept my interest. Hoganesque roll

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

[URL=http://]

This was me a few weeks ago,,hitting off of a building illegally. ... All golf, all it ever was..5 keys of golf into one. ( have video) ..not bad, kept my interest. Hoganesque roll

seriously man, something is wrong with you.

Golf is hard.

[VIDEO] http://youtu.be/gnuMG_kABVU [/VIDEO] [VIDEO] http://youtu.be/nTSGdERVVeg [/VIDEO] Abdu..I'm not the best with words, this video says it all. Carry on Ernest..nice job. I found a great teacher out of Sri Lanka..he has it all for me, with online lessons. Chow

Mmm... Chow...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Thanks Eyad, now I'm dizzy :loco:

@Ernest Jones , nice work bud

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks Eyad, now I'm dizzy

Mike - What are your thoughts on the above video labelled "The Goods"? I'm not sure I could get my hands into that position on the downswing, but it sounds intriguing. And Hogan definitely did in his swing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Will try and explain,,as best as I can.. So we have three things IN GOLF to deal with that move or are going to move. BALL CLUB PERSON. Its just as simple as that for being very clear on what are the three Components of The Golf game. The rules are that they dont have to all sink up in order to make the game easy or you improving. There is no best design club nor ball for playing great everday. There is no optimum height either low or high for getting the ball close or away from where your having to go and that is the CUP. You will be called upon during every round to produce some way to get from here to there because only you put you in that spot. What puts you in bad spots is always because you were trying to mechanically control the ball and club and what you thought would do this in fact did that and at that point that becomes an issue because what you thought didnt work so you simply think I have no clue how to do what I thought. Well on the BALL AND THE CLUB AND YOUR PERSON points of your and everyones interest will have to be the SOUTH POLE OR BOTTOM FOLLOWED BY A MIDLINE OE EQUATOR THAT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS FOLLOWED BY THE TOP AND THEN THERE IS FRONT AND BACK. Those are the order of IMPORTANCE SIMPLY because the further down the list you believe starting at the ball the most important aspect of controlling your score through the ball will always translate up for reason of all three must focus on the same orientation for reasons of it so easy when you do. The Hardest point is the SOUTH POLE so with that said maybe starting out your place is elsewhere therefore you work to get to the SOUTH POLE that how you start improving BUT on your way there there are times even a SOUTH POLE GUY just needs lets say to move the back or move the front or CHOP AT THE EQUATOR or TUMBLE THE NORTH POLE for reasons of I BET YOUR NOT IN THE FAIRWAY OR MISSED THE GREEN AND THATS WHEN THOSE COME INTO PLAY. ANY THOUGHTS OR FEEL PAST YOUR TWO HANDS TWO FEET AND HEAD are a waste of time and on your best days it becomes just Set your head up relative to the south pole and go. SPEAKING ONLY AS A SOUTH POLE DOMINATE CONTROLLER OF THE BALL MY TOOL AND MYSELF. ALSO WE ARE A MOVING INVERTED PENDULUM FROM SECTION TO SECTION THAT IS STILL ALL CONNECTED SOMEWAY SOME HOW.... YOU HAVE TO EXPECT YOUR SOFT TISSUE TO PERFORM HOW IT SHOULD AS WELL AS THE SOLID TISSUE. We are a continuous tension system with brief moments of compression we dont have to worry about creating forces or expelling forces we just do. Solid is A PERSONAL THING AND IMPLIES A LOT OF WAYS WE ALSO NEED NOT SOLID AND THIN AND CHUNKY AT CERTAIN TIMES FOR KILLING THE ENERGY INTO THE BALL BECAUSE CONDITIONS ARE VERY FIRM VERY FAST OR JUST FAST GREENS WITH SOFT FLOOR. Golf is about understanding how to USE THE LOFT AND ADDING OR SUBTRACTING IT IS A FUNCTION OF WHAT REGION OF THE BALL YOUR TRYING TO APPLY AND CONTROL THAT WITH. I understand as well that we can simply not care and just whack it well I just simply dont care alot and know i am whacking the south pole because I have taught myself how to use and apply it to all three things in the game. The small bones of hands and feet and this is the only body stuff ill speak of allow for your state of FUNCTION TO BE GOOD GREAT OR BAD. FROM DAY TO DAY WE WILL VARY IN HOW THEY WILL OPERATE AND OR HOW THEY INTERACT WITH WHAT WE SEE OUTSIDE OF US. Your job is to be aware that they create FUNCTION AND MOVEMENT AND STABILITY BUT ARE CONNECTED TO ALL OF YOU AND BETWEEN THOSE FAR POINTS IS A HEAD MOUNTED ON TOP SO THERE'S FIVE AREAS THAT ARE ALWAYS DOING THE WORK AND EFFORT. Human movement is just about those points or places all the other stuff is just stuff and its all connected to the outer LIMBS AS YOUR HEAD IS A LIMB THAT IF BREAKS YOUR DEAD SO TREAT IT AS SUCH AND WITH RESPECT AND IF IT MOVES IT MOVES WHO CARES THE WAY YOU THINK AT THAT MOMENT MAY DICTATE THAT. The Divot on the ground or the spot on the face is all you have to understand why or how to make all things work together. Sweet spots and CG's and BALANCED whatever are STATIC NON MOVING THINGS. EVERYTHING IN MOTION THINGS SHIFT AND MOVE AROUND AND DO NOT HAVE TO BE CENTERED OR PIVOTAL OR PREDICTABLE IN ORDER FOR THAT MASS IN MOTION TO WORK BEST SO UNBALANCED THING PERFORM JUST AS WELL AS BALANCE THING. Think balance is key sucks you right back into thinking your doing something wrong and that sucks you right back into you just made Golf hard again and you stop moving period and start flinching and stalling and sticking. YOU CAN MOVE THE BALL YOU AND CLUB FROM ANY ANGLE TO ANY ANGLE THROUGH AT ANY ANGLE AND IF YOUR DIVOT POINTS OR EXPLAINS WHY YOUR BALL LEFT THAT WAY AND WENT THAT WAY OR DIDN"T GO THAT WAY THEN YOU KNOW HOW IT WENT WRONG OR RIGHT. ALL A BALLS DISTANCE COMES FROM A COLLISION AND SWEEPING IS A COLLISION WITH HIGH AMOUNTS OF SPIN or HIGH AMOUNTS OF LOW IN THE FACE AND THE BALL WILL NOT RISE BUT IT WILL TRAVEL FORWARD.. Its only a screw up if you did not intend to do that no matter what you do. SO UNDERSTANDING HOW TO MOVE THE ROUND BALL FROM HERE TO THERE BASED ON WHATS IT USING FOR TRACTION WE KNOW WHAT THE PROPULSION IS COMING FROM IS HOW YOU HAVE TO BREAK THE GAME DOWN. In flight its the AIR AND IF THE AIR IS MOVING AND WHAT DIRECTION and for some what density or non density do I play in. EVERYTHING IS A MANIPULATION BASED ON SIZE AND SCALE OF THE MANIPULATION REQUIRED IN YOUR WORLD OF HOW TO DO IT. Now you will all learn and find some new cool way to hit this shot or do this or do that. THE COOLNESS OF A SHOT STILL COUNTS AS ONE AND THE NON COOLNESS OF A SHOT COUNTS AS ONE AND IF THEY BOTH GO IN WHICH ONE IS MENTALLY EASIER TO DO WHEN IT COUNTS COOL COMES WHEN YOU HAVE TO RECOVER OR OVERCOME A BAD ANGLE. Just pay attention on the course and you learn when MORE MANIPULATION IS REQUIRED AND WHEN LESS MANIPULATION IS REQUIRED. I will stick with little curves and balls falling one way or another I BIG CURVE IT WHEN IM NOT IN FAIRWAY PERIOD OR IF TEE SHOT DEMANDS IT OTHER THEN THAT I DON"T RISK A BAD SCORE FOR THINKING I MUST CURVE IT NOR DO I THINK CURVING IT GUARANTEES A GREAT SCORE again the AIR HAS A LOT TO SAY AND DO WITH WHAT YOU DO ITS WITH OR AGAINST YOU PLAYING WELL. DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR HANDS TO GET THE BALL WHERE YOU TOTALLY BELIEVE YOU NEED TO GET IT AND its about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION for IMPROVEMENT AND PLAYING AT A HIGH LEVEL. HOW FAR IS JUST HOW FAR YOU CAN RELOCATE THE BALL AND YES SOME DO IT FARTHER THEN OTHERS BUT THE BEST RELOCATE IT BETTER REGARDLESS OF THEIR ABILITIES TO MOVE IT FAR PERIOD END OF STORY. DOING A TASK FOR HARDER LEADS TO AT SOME POINT YOU WILL HURT YOURSELF AND YOU TOTALLY LOST YOUR ABILITY TO PERFORM WELL YOUR EVERY THOUGHT IS ABOUT DISTANCE and that I cannot help one with and do not care to because your body can do it all and not very thing or cell in you is designed for power or stretch so your nerve cells gets chewed to bits on a laymen s term level and lots of other things with that focus and or intent. Your gray matter can handle BALL CONTROL AND SCORE CONTROL UNREAL WELL AND GIVE YOU THE ABILITY TO MOVE THAT CONTROL A LITTLE FARTHER IF NEEDED BUT IT SOMETIMES LAYING BACK IN ORDER TO SUCCEED AND GIVE OUR SELF OUR BEST ROUND THAT DAY OR THAT SHOT AT THAT MOMENT POSSIBLE. So control leads to less movement simply because your not having to whind up for length and length leads to you having to move to accomplish it either more or faster. so shifts of things are relative to the dynamics f how hard you think you need to move the ball goes straight into how you think you need to move the club in order to do it. Thats what TEMPO IS or thinking out a shot to be played whats needed from these 5 points to be successful to do this right now. That wont ever change all 5 points will on every shot have to sort it out and one day you will just walk up and stand there and apply the answer with these 5 areas doing it as 1. What people see is there issue not your and don't feel the need to explain it. They work of of some totally different IDEA OR BOOK OR WHO KNOWS WHAT and WHO CARES. No matter if we push or pull or swing or hit THE MUSCLES AND BONES WORK HOW THEY WORK ON LINES OF PULL OR LINES OF MOVEMENT SO EXPECT THEM TO DO THAT AND IF YOU WANT TO THINK PUSH PULL TUG OR WHATEVER THAT'S YOUR CHOICE OR THINK NADA ITS A BETTER CHOICE AND YOU WILL LEARN WHERE THE RESISTANCE IS IN THINGS BY NOT TRYING TO CREATE A FEEL OR LEVERAGE OR LOAD. FLEX THE GRIP THE SHAFT FLEXES HENCE THE HEAD FLEXES THATS HOW THAT THING STACKS OUT you can FLEX THE MIDDLE YES or just MOVE THE HEAD on some path or track you see fit they all produce a great shot no one is better then the other. The Kick in a shaft has been and will always be after the ball has left for on and its unpredictable for two and your hand or hands can do what the same thing the shaft is trying to do anyways, If you workout and lift lots of weight they you realized how much load your hands and arms can do with a weight bar flexing against them with dead weights on the ends put it on your torso and see how long it can take that kinda stress or load its the same thing as wanting your body to flex anything or whip or pivot it . AGAIN Golf is easy if you train it to be played that way. Ball location trumps everything Im just lucky I can relocate mine any distance needed as relates to a Golf hole there not all 600 yard holes and if they were i still have three shots to get it there getting there early has no advantage other then it can backfire on you.

Can we just get the cliff notes version from now on?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

oh my.. am I suppose to read that??

I'm sorry EJ I didn't know this was going to happen!

Look what you did.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Holy thread bump Batman! Glad to see I still have a fan base.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Mike - What are your thoughts on the above video labelled "The Goods"? I'm not sure I could get my hands into that position on the downswing, but it sounds intriguing. And Hogan definitely did in his swing.

@mvmac , I second @Harmonious ' curiosity on this video. It seems to me that in this screen capture, which is by far the best looking A6 I have ever hit, my wrists are set very much in this "under rolled" position. Indeed, I'm trying to replicate it with every practice session.

I also have a more general practice question for Mike and/or @iacas . Trying to remain as "stupid" as possible...some times I get the shaft laid down nicely but still hit A6 with my clubhead outside my hands, should I just ignore that for now and continue to work on that shaft or should I take the A6 position into consideration when evaluating a swing and the feels that produced it. Obviously I want my clubhead inside my hands at A6 but should I be consciously working on that or will steady improvement of the shafts orientation through A5 start to fix A6 as a by-product? I'm easily side-tracked and really want to make sure I stay focused on the right priority.

I hope this doesn't come off as fishing for freebies, I would hop back on Evolvr but I'm really limited to working with these partial followthrough punchy shots for now as my basement just doesn't have enough height for a full, extended followthrough and the snow outside is still 3 feet deep. FO views are a bit of a challenge too. I will be back with Evolvr this season though and am working on getting out to Erie sometime in March.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

@mvmac, I second @Harmonious' curiosity on this video. It seems to me that in this screen capture, which is by far the best looking A6 I have ever hit, my wrists are set very much in this "under rolled" position. Indeed, I'm trying to replicate it with every practice session.

Guys IMO the video is nothing new.  AKA Flat Left wrist, and is key for an inline impact/forward shaft lean.  Almost every good golfer has the look and has for a long time.  He is making a simple concept way more complicated than in needs to be with the silly baseball roll at the top.  For me I prefer to gradually straighten the left wrist on the way back felling right wrist dorsiflexion.  The last minute roll that he is talking about in the video, I don't see working for 99% of golfers.

BTW, Nice Work EJ.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

The last minute roll that he is talking about in the video, I don't see working for 99% of golfers.

Thus, my question to Mike.  Why doesn't it work for most golfers? If you can roll into that flat-left-wrist position early in the downswing (not last minute, as you state) why wouldn't you? People used to say that the sound of Hogan's irons were like no other.  Was this the reason why? I'm going to try it out at the range today. I'll report back why or why not (at least for me).

Guys IMO the video is nothing new.  AKA Flat Left wrist, and is key for an inline impact/forward shaft lean.  Almost every good golfer has the look and has for a long time.  He is making a simple concept way more complicated than in needs to be with the silly baseball roll at the top.  For me I prefer to gradually straighten the left wrist on the way back felling right wrist dorsiflexion.  The last minute roll that he is talking about in the video, I don't see working for 99% of golfers.

BTW, Nice Work EJ.

Also note that he is going form an extreme case of a very cupped left wrist to a flat or bowed left wrist at impact. He's not accounting for the many golfers who have a flat left wrist at the top, or those like Dustin Johnson who have a cupped left wrist at the top and maintain it. Also the type of grip will effect that look as well, a stronger grip will naturally look a bit cupped at the top but the face will be square. Even then it can vary depending on the golfer. What he is saying isn't something that is universal or required. As long as you get a flat left wrist at impact, then I could care less how a person goes about it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Abdu..I'm not the best with words, this video says it all. Carry on Ernest..nice job. I found a great teacher out of Sri Lanka..he has it all for me, with online lessons.

Chow

Irrelevant to this thread (sorry EJ) but this YouTube channel is so fun to follow. "My Swing Evolution." Dude has taught himself an awesome Hogan-style swing. . . whatever that means lol, but still. . .

Note: This thread is 2907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!