IGNORED

Who's going to win the Australian Open?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger shoots a 3rd round 75. Seems like he missed 5-6 10ft birdie putts. I was hoping for an better round out of Tiger today.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

Wind was up, greens were harder. Seems like i saw him hit more drivers than the first round. I found it strange that for instance the 2nd shot into the par 5 on the front nine, that he tried to play a fade and pulled it. I would've thought a draw off the right edge of the green, at least give yourself a chance to get up and down.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Day and Senden (Last group) struggling on the front nine :s

Hoping that Tiger can win, shot a nice 3 under on the front nine, and is only 3 shots off the lead.

Edit: Magnificent shot from Day - sticks it really close on a par 3. Chalmers - the leader is struggling on a par five.

This is shaping up to be really exciting.

Epic chip in eagle for Tiger, only 1 back from Day and Chalmers.

I have a browser tab open to the leaderboard as I do other things, and I was surprised to refresh to see Tiger go from 3 back to 1 back in only 3 or 4 minutes. Was wondering if he'd pulled off an eagle. He stands a shot, 4 holes to rack up a couple birdies.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I have a browser tab open to the leaderboard as I do other things, and I was surprised to refresh to see Tiger go from 3 back to 1 back in only 3 or 4 minutes. Was wondering if he'd pulled off an eagle. He stands a shot, 4 holes to rack up a couple birdies.

He just had a good shot to tie it up after a great long iron over some water on 17, but he missed the 10-15 foot putt.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty good day by Tiger, all in all. He's been really bad on sundays this year, so good to see him play well under a reasonable amount of pressure. HIs ball-striking was really good, though he didn't seem to have much confidence with his driver.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Pretty good day by Tiger, all in all. He's been really bad on sundays this year, so good to see him play well under a reasonable amount of pressure. HIs ball-striking was really good, though he didn't seem to have much confidence with his driver.

Just saw the highlights.... Pretty awesome round. Big step forward for him.

Constantine

How was Tiger's game? Obviously it was pretty good, but compared to earlier, how bad were his misses?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

well, he may not have won outright, but he's the highest ranked american in the tournament by 3 strokes, so i think that would serve to silence those who thought couples was wasting his pick on tiger.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by mirv

well, he may not have won outright, but he's the highest ranked american in the tournament by 3 strokes, so i think that would serve to silence those who thought couples was wasting his pick on tiger.

Me on the other side think Mr. Couples is pretty lucky Tiger (sort of) found his game just before the President Cup! :D

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Zeph

How was Tiger's game? Obviously it was pretty good, but compared to earlier, how bad were his misses?

His game overall was okay...his irons were solid, short game steady, putting getting better....however his driver...now that's another story !

Very wild...he has A LOT of work to do with that part of his game...this course there are more than 10 holes (including the Par 3's) that you don't need driver....not even 3 wood...

If this were Augusta and he drove it like he did this week, he would be in deep trouble, the way he was driving a couple of misses to the right...but mostly wild misses left..

Ray

Originally Posted by makaveli

Me on the other side think Mr. Couples is pretty lucky Tiger (sort of) found his game just before the President Cup! :D

That's exactly why Tiger was a good pick- most guys have to have their A game to contend while Tiger dominates when he has his A game and can contend with his B game.  As "bad" as Tiger has played the last 2 years, he still only missed 3 cuts, was in the top 10 four times in 21 events and top 25 almost half the time.  Not great numbers for Tiger, but compared to Bill Haas's last 21 events, Tiger made a higher % of cuts and had a higher % of Top 25s.  Same thing when you compare him to Keegan Bradley (with Tiger having as many Top 10s in his last 21 events as Bradley has LIFETIME).

You don't win 14 majors and consistently contend as often as Tiger has just with luck.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Im glad he played well....Good for him and great for golf! As for most comments on Tiger all I can say is jealousy is a terrible thing huh. Anyone who is great at something has just as many dislikes as likes.

Jeez between all the lip outs, missed 5-10fters Tiger could been closer to 20ish or so under. He easily could have won. I think he's certainly on the right track right now. Cant wait to see him and my favorite player Steve Stricker paired up !

Originally Posted by domc36

Jeez between all the lip outs, missed 5-10fters Tiger could been closer to 20ish or so under. He easily could have won. I think he's certainly on the right track right now. Cant wait to see him and my favorite player Steve Stricker paired up !

I'm pretty sure all the other golfers in the field have the same sad tales to tell of missed putts etc., but as they are not Tiger their woes are not plastered across the back pages of the newspapers.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Note: This thread is 3791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!