IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

59 minutes ago, utrinqueparatus said:

A question, are you doing these 200 - 250 press ups as one continuous set? Likewise are you holding a plank for 8 minutes? If you are, big respect!!

No way. I'm splitting them into 3 sets. Whoever can do that is one dangerous dude! :-D

Pushups 3 x (75-90)

Planks 3 x (2:30-3:00)

If I'm tired and/or end of day, I'm at the low end of those numbers, if beginning of the day after a cup of coffee, I'm on the high end)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played swamp golf Sunday due to the excessive rain.......sloshed to a 91, and it was an ugly 91, but it was a workout.  Also, loaded and unloaded dining room set, while driving 4 hours.......a little workout, a lot of beating.

Back in the gym today, Chest and tri.....4 chest exercises, 3 tricep, 8 minutes on treadmill at the end - limited time as this is done at lunch.   Putting kiddos to be momentarily, then to the range for a quick bucket.

Chest and triceps today, good workout....basketball for an hour plus tonight......great workout day, other than the cold beer I drank tonight, one of my best friends had a birthday.

Man, it's been too long since I've posted...a bunch of names here that I don't even recognize. :-D

Good to see some of the regulars still at it. I've been out of commission for a while...separated my left shoulder in November, then after I sort of recovered from that, smashed my ribs in February. (I'm not very smart)

Now I'm just running...figure it's the only thing I can really do for the time being, so I'm training for a 10k to sort of keep me in shape. Hopefully I can start lifting again in a week or 2...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Skipped my workout with weights today and decided to ride the stationary bike and read Lowest Score Wins! Darn books getting in the way of my real training. 

Yesterday I finished JIM STOPPANI'S SHORTCUT TO SHRED: DAY 39 - CHEST, TRICEPS, ABS from www.bodybuilding.com. That guys program is killing me... in a good way. We'll see how I do headed into the last week of my 12 week $250k challenge. So far I've lost 12 pounds and lost a few percent body fat. I'm hoping to be in good shape for this golf season. 

Edited by rfeight

Stoppani is a monster, and has GREAT programs. I may have to look into that one when I can start lifting again.

Ran 5 miles in the always fun 35 degree spring morning here...

Still getting my pace up to where it needs to be...

Ryan M

Been going to the gym 5 days a week in the morning before work and have dropped 25 pounds since January.  Goal is roughly another 25!

• Upvote 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On 3/27/2016 at 9:11 AM, RFKFREAK said:

Been going to the gym 5 days a week in the morning before work and have dropped 25 pounds since January.  Goal is roughly another 25!

Nice! Good to see you going strong!

Was finally able to lift a little today for the first time. I swear I have the body of a 75 year old. After a 6 mile run yesterday morning I was in crippling pain (outside of left knee). My Uncle the running guru diagnosed me with IT Band Syndrome. Gave me some stretches and workouts to do. 

So I ran a mile today, biked a half an hour, and did some lighter weight squats. No pain...just very very minor discomfort. Always something...lol

Ryan M

3 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Was finally able to lift a little today for the first time. I swear I have the body of a 75 year old. After a 6 mile run yesterday morning I was in crippling pain (outside of left knee). My Uncle the running guru diagnosed me with IT Band Syndrome. Gave me some stretches and workouts to do. 

So I ran a mile today, biked a half an hour, and did some lighter weight squats. No pain...just very very minor discomfort. Always something...lol

Thanks, mang!

You ran 6 miles?  I'm not sure I've done that in one stretch like ever, haha. 

Good luck feeling better soon.  The real question, though, does your knee hurt when you swing a golf club? ;-)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

12 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Did he suggest a foam roller too? That will really help IT band issues. Roll the top area near your hip and the area near your knee before stretching. It really helps and loosen the tendons up and makes stretching more effective.

When you roll this first time, it will be very tender. You may be only able to stand 10 passes in the area. After a couple of days, it will be easier. 

Cycling can create tight IT bands if you don't stretch. I know this from experience. I raced for about a dozen years.

Good luck.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Thanks, mang!

You ran 6 miles?  I'm not sure I've done that in one stretch like ever, haha. 

Good luck feeling better soon.  The real question, though, does your knee hurt when you swing a golf club? ;-)

Yeah. Me neither, until a couple weeks ago...started running to train for a race.

No clue about the golf...haven't swung a club in months due to other injuries (separated shoulder, jacked up ribs...etc.,)

45 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Did he suggest a foam roller too? That will really help IT band issues. Roll the top area near your hip and the area near your knee before stretching. It really helps and loosen the tendons up and makes stretching more effective.

When you roll this first time, it will be very tender. You may be only able to stand 10 passes in the area. After a couple of days, it will be easier. 

Cycling can create tight IT bands if you don't stretch. I know this from experience. I raced for about a dozen years.

Good luck.

I was looking into a foam roller. I don't have one but I read about using tennis balls. I have some of those around somewhere. 

When I say I hit the stationary bike, I mean very slow and relaxed...just to keep blood flowing.

Ryan M

21 minutes ago, Slice of Life said:

I was looking into a foam roller. I don't have one but I read about using tennis balls. I have some of those around somewhere. 

Tennis ball is ok, but a roller works much better. It's standard physical therapy equipment for IT band issues. They are pretty cheap now and you can find them at sporting goods stores. A lacrosse ball would be better.

I've use an 8'' piece of pvc pipe in a pinch! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Tennis ball is ok, but a roller works much better. It's standard physical therapy equipment for IT band issues. They are pretty cheap now and you can find them at sporting goods stores. A lacrosse ball would be better.

I've use an 8'' piece of pvc pipe in a pinch! :-P

Yeah I was thinking of just grabbing one off of Amazon. But I have to run to Dick's anyway, since I need some real running shorts. Wearing heavy ass basketball shorts running sucks!

I ran a mile pain free yesterday, and will bump it to 3 VERY easy (12 min/mile) miles today to test it out. Don't want to risk making it worse, but at the same time...I'm competing in May, so I need the miles.

Ryan M

Ran 4.5 miles yesterday. Still trying to work on my 10k time. 

Alternated mile speeds (slow, fast, slow, fast). 7:56 on the 2nd mile, 7:37 on the 4th mile. My goal is 8 minute miles, so I'm getting there...

Today I'll hit legs with the weights...hate it lol

Ryan M

I mowed the lawn yesterday afternoon before t-storms rolled in and before that, did flexibility and stretching before a 1 hr golf lesson.

During the week, I do a program called golfstrong -6 45 minutes workouts works on distance, accuracy, and flexibility. It is a combo of various exercises you will not find running, weightlifting, etc. This program was so different and intense after 3 wks, it was time for 1.5 hrs of massage therapy where I was beaten and stretched to my limits.

I also lift a few weights and bike 12-15 minutes w intensity intervals about 4X per week.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Ran a quick 5k around the neighborhood today. Speed is getting there...wasn't planning on running fast, but was feeling good and pain free so I decided to push it a little. 

8:45 min/mi exactly for a total of 27:08. Wanted to beat 27:00 but started too slow.

Ryan M