Your Workout Today

iacas

On 5/14/2017 at 11:24 PM, Gator Hazard said:

Wife was happy.

That in itself can be a workout!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Race went very well. Ended up running 13.51 miles, in 1:54:43...so an 8:30 miles pace. My main goal was under 2 hours, with a secondary goal of 1:55. So I JUST barely beat it!

Nice!

20 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Very cool getting into it for the first time. Just watch a lot of youtube videos...if you find the AthleanX videos, Jeff is very knowledgable and may be able to help you out.

Not really the first time, but things have changed since my gym rat days of the early 80's, least of all the reasons for working out. I'll definitely check out the videos. Thanks.

Jon

On 5/30/2017 at 8:24 PM, JonMA1 said:

Nice!

Not really the first time, but things have changed since my gym rat days of the early 80's, least of all the reasons for working out. I'll definitely check out the videos. Thanks.

Ah ok, back at it after the long hiatus. Been there...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok a week ago I did the Boulder IM. Now that that is out of the way I can get back to my golf game. The training made my legs and hips really tight and I think it hurt my game by reducing flexibility. Time to work on flexibility in the gym and hit the range instead of 15 mile runs and 100 mile bike rides.

Trollin' is the life

Much the same...except for the Pilates.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

In month 4 of doing Wendler's 5-3-1 program with bodybuilding accessory work. Today was press day. Setting new PR's each week.

Doug

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I restarted Insanity a few days ago and planning to take that through for the next 2 months or so. I haven't touched it in two and a half years and had forgotten how much I love/hate it! Should definitely improve my flexibility and hopefully lose a stone or so - at least, that's the aim by the end of the year.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

On 8/9/2017 at 3:59 AM, b101 said:

I restarted Insanity a few days ago and planning to take that through for the next 2 months or so. I haven't touched it in two and a half years and had forgotten how much I love/hate it! Should definitely improve my flexibility and hopefully lose a stone or so - at least, that's the aim by the end of the year.

Insanity is appropriately named.  We'be got all the P90x dvds and Body BEAST as well.  ALL give you quite a workout and good results in 3 months!  Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

High pulls 6-5-4-4-3-3-2-1

WOD:  20 minute AMRAP

9 Deadlifts

12 Hand release pushups

15 Box jumps (  36" Box )

Edited by Typhoon92

• 1 month later...

Only rode 25 miles to the GWB and back, one last ride before it gets cold and wanted to see the foliage, but ~2K feet of climbing. A bit out of shape right now so that climb at mile 20 harder than it used to be. Thank God for the granny gear. The Filling Station the reward at the end of the ride though. Great hamburgers.

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 6.53.01 PM.png

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I am back on the 5/3/1 lifting program for the winter. I lost substantial muscle mass this year when I slacked off on the weightlifting. It seems as I approach 40 it is harder and harder to slack and get away with it. Yesterday was bench press day. 

- Mark

Rode half of the Marathon, then added some more. 

IMG_5511.PNG

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 1 month later...

I did 40 mins on the elliptical machine this morning. After work, I will do treadmill walk run intervals, 2 mins walking, 1 min running alternating for 30 mins in duration. Next, 3 sets of 8 reps of Dumbbell Power Clean and push press, the last set using 35 lb dumbbells. 10 mins of static stretching the lower body. About 1.5 hours later, I will hit plastic golf balls with my irons for 10 mins. 

I did some bench press today. 3 sets of 5 reps. Last set with 200 lbs. I do my bench presses with a pause at the bottom on my chest for 3 secs, then explode upward. Powerlifting style. Then finished my workout with 30 mins of Elliptical machine intervals.I am 58 years old, 5'8" 185 lbs. I have always had a stocky built.