IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

2 hrs of Pick up Pickle ball this morning

2 hrs of Pickle ball league

1 hr of Pilates 

1 Hr on the machines ( slow reps ) 

1  hr of Yoga 

That should cover it  aerobic exercise, strength building, muscle building  and mobility training 

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep up the good workouts!

5 am workout

30 mins indoor spinning  intervals 

Dumbbell power clean  and press 3x8.  30x8 

Afternoon workout 

60 mins of bike racing  intervals at the Cabrillo Beach Marina. 

15 mins indoor spinning  cool down.

Resistance  band  strength  training  2x15  70lb bands

I plan on playing g 9 holes of golf Thursday twilight 

35 minutes ago, kenhockey2 said:

Keep up the good workouts!

5 am workout

30 mins indoor spinning  intervals 

Dumbbell power clean  and press 3x8.  30x8 

Afternoon workout 

60 mins of bike racing  intervals at the Cabrillo Beach Marina. 

15 mins indoor spinning  cool down.

Resistance  band  strength  training  2x15  70lb bands

I plan on playing g 9 holes of golf Thursday twilight 

you are putting me to shame !

• 1 month later...

5 am morning workout......15 mins indoor spinning warmup. Resistance band strength training 2x15 with 70 lb bands. Finished off with 2x5 Dumbbell power clean and press 20 lbs

7:40 am.....18 holes of golf, shot a 93. Finished in 3.75 hours.

Performed 30 mins easy indoor spinning as a post golf recovery activity.

I am fortunate to live in southern California.  

• 1 month later...

I've gone on and off regular training mostly due to getting too sore pushing my 49 year old body beyond what it can handle. This time it's different! This weekly routine seems to be good so far:

M - Strength training - Deadlift & Press - following Wendler 5/3/1 beginner program

T - Stretch & 15 min Core Workout

W - Golf!

Th - Strength training - Bench & Squats - 5/3/1

F - Stretch & 15 min Core Workout 

Sat/Sun - Golf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the past two weeks my only exercise has been weekly golf, though this weekend will probably get in three rounds.  Used to walk at least 10 km daily but that has stopped.  Need to get back to that from Monday

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is pulling the trigger on my pistol at the range today 100 times, going out to lunch with my friends after, considered working out? Sheesh, I'm going out now to walk the dog.

Edited by Billy Z
  • Booooooooo 1

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am trying to get more physically fit.  I have a LONG way to go.  I am a 60 year old desk sitting engineer!  After four abdominal surgeries (including a hernia repair to fix the results from one of the others), in 2016 and 2017, I got really protective of my middle, and let what little "core" I had go away.  Radiation and chemo didn't help either.  I've also got asthma, which makes some types of exercise a bit difficult, but to be honest, that's more of an excuse, than a reason.  Fortunately, a new drug over the past couple year has helped significantly with that, walking that would make me huff and puff no longer does, so that is a good thing.

So, earlier this year, I decided it was time to do something about my condition.  I have been saying forever that I saw getting exercise from golf.  Which was not untrue, but riding around in a cart certainly reduced the potential advantage!  I decided that I was not likely to walk the course if I had to push my clubs, so I bought the Zip Navigator package from Costco in mid January.  It's got about 105 miles on it now, so I am getting a bit of walking in.  I had blister problems at first, some new shoes, and some preround foot preparation have it almost under control, though there is still one spot I am trying to figure out.

A couple weeks ago, after seeing too many Facebook ads for GolfForever, I went ahead a bought a year's subscription.  With a discount code, it's really not that much, and I though it might help.  So I have been doing that, probably every other day or so.  I'm still working on making it a part of my routine.  Oh, I have discovered that my balance isn't as good as I thought it was!

So, that's the setup!

Workout (seems a strong word!) today:

1. My first foam roller routine, about 15 minutes.  I've never done anything like it before, I am not yet sure what I think about it!

2. About a 15 minute routine aimed at back injury protection, which used tubing for a number of exercises.  I found my balance is not very ready for a split squat.  I need to work on that!

• Like 1

I figure I should talk about my workouts somewhere other than a Google sheet.  I set up a rack in my garage a few weeks ago and have been using it MWF mornings before work.  Today I did 140 lbs squats, 125 lb bench press, and 205 lb deadlift, plus warm-ups for each.  I don't plan to advance mine as quickly as I did when I was getting back, but rather focusing on being comfortable with them.  I'm sure Rippetoe would disapprove, but I also don't eat enough (or I don't eat the right things?) to advance as quickly as some people do in his program (I'm also not as young as some people who go through Starting Strength).  About ten years ago I had a period of about a year where I was at the gym every other day and got some good numbers going then.  😕 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Morning workout 

50 mins indoor spinning intervals 

Dumbbell power clean and press 3x8 30x8

10 mins indoor spinning cool down

Now time to head to work, I teach PE online

Today GolfForever workout was hip mobility, and then shoulder strength.  I am so out of shape it is embarrassing.  Hopefully in a few weeks I will start to see results, and not feel like so much of a potato!

I was doing at least a 10 km walk daily, but the last month or so it has gone down dramatically.  Have decided to start again from today and walk for now.  It will help me get fit and as I lose some weight, I hope my golf game will automatically improve.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

72 years old. Warmed up for 30 minutes, then played 18 holes.

After getting home, did a 20 minute EMOM;

Minute 1 - 20 jump squats.

Minute 2 - 20 Russian Kettlebell swings.

After that, did my Max Swing Speed training routine.

Stretched, showered, dinner, TV & relax for the rest of the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

6:00 am morning workout

30 mins elliptical machine intervals moderate

15 minutes indoor rowing intervals

12:00 pm lunch break workout

30 mins elliptical machine intervals reverse

10 minute stretching routine

5:00 pm workout

Circuit weight training 2x15

15 minutes indoor spinning cool down.

I am playing 9 hole of golf tomorrow after work

On 4/14/2021 at 11:08 AM, Shindig said:

I figure I should talk about my workouts somewhere other than a Google sheet.  I set up a rack in my garage a few weeks ago and have been using it MWF mornings before work.  Today I did 140 lbs squats, 125 lb bench press, and 205 lb deadlift, plus warm-ups for each.  I don't plan to advance mine as quickly as I did when I was getting back, but rather focusing on being comfortable with them.  I'm sure Rippetoe would disapprove, but I also don't eat enough (or I don't eat the right things?) to advance as quickly as some people do in his program (I'm also not as young as some people who go through Starting Strength).  About ten years ago I had a period of about a year where I was at the gym every other day and got some good numbers going then.  😕 

Well, as I'm sure you know, it's all about what your goals are.  I just started a cut last week which I plan to end in three months.  I'm guessing most people wouldn't think I'm overweight, but I'd estimate I'm at 18% body fat and really that's the top end of where I want to be.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 2 months later...