Jump to content
IGNORED

Your Workout Today


iacas

Recommended Posts

I spent all day yesterday with a pole saw, a chainsaw and a big tree chippper. We cleared a veritable jungle along and over a road, allowing the plow trucks to clear it this winter  without knocking a mirror off or hitting overhead.  No wonder why at 62 I still look 40.  That's why I took this job. Hated managing millennials. Hated paperwork. Hated being stuck in an office half the day. And I like to get paid to work out. Great "retirement" gig. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, Esox said:

I spent all day yesterday with a pole saw, a chainsaw and a big tree chippper. We cleared a veritable jungle along and over a road, allowing the plow trucks to clear it this winter  without knocking a mirror off or hitting overhead.  No wonder why at 62 I still look 40.  That's why I took this job. Hated managing millennials. Hated paperwork. Hated being stuck in an office half the day. And I like to get paid to work out. Great "retirement" gig. LOL

That is a great post . Not only are you getting in shape, but you are adding to the  community. My hats off to you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


21 hours ago, Shindig said:

Update:  I took a 13 mile bike ride this evening;  it would have been longer but I started late and a trail I like closes at sundown.

there is nothing like riding off into the sunset on a bike

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This morning, biked 30 miles, including up yet another "I haven't successfully climbed this one before" hills.

This afternoon (after work, before after-work plans) I was going to do some lifting, but ran short on time and did 'only' bench press (plan was squats, I had to skip one of the two due to time, figured biking was more similar to squats... this might or might not have been the right decision).  Did 3x5x135 lbs, tying a personal best from an era where I was at the gym every other day for eight months.  So that's pretty cool.  :-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, Shindig said:

This morning, biked 30 miles, including up yet another "I haven't successfully climbed this one before" hills.

This afternoon (after work, before after-work plans) I was going to do some lifting, but ran short on time and did 'only' bench press (plan was squats, I had to skip one of the two due to time, figured biking was more similar to squats... this might or might not have been the right decision).  Did 3x5x135 lbs, tying a personal best from an era where I was at the gym every other day for eight months.  So that's pretty cool.  :-) 

Motion is Lotion 

Did a new one yesterday. I did all my stretching in the whirlpool. It was great ! I am going to continue that. The hot water keeps the muscles nice and lose. I can bike over to the Y, do the stretches, swim my laps, and play water basketball 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


About my only workout anymore is to ride my bicycle 4-7 times a week, anywhere from 10-25 miles per event.  With 2 replaced knees, a fused neck, fused toe, and other maladies of a senior, golf and biking are about my only 2 exercises anymore.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
58 minutes ago, JCrane said:

Motion is Lotion 

Did a new one yesterday. I did all my stretching in the whirlpool. It was great ! I am going to continue that. The hot water keeps the muscles nice and lose. I can bike over to the Y, do the stretches, swim my laps, and play water basketball 

My mother was a physical therapist who specialized in pool therapy. It is very effective, especially the warm pool. I went there after I had shoulder surgery to help loosen the area to get my flexibility back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

My mother was a physical therapist who specialized in pool therapy. It is very effective, especially the warm pool. I went there after I had shoulder surgery to help loosen the area to get my flexibility back.

I am a Yoga teacher and it is just like Hot Yoga

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, Never3putt said:

About my only workout anymore is to ride my bicycle 4-7 times a week, anywhere from 10-25 miles per event.  With 2 replaced knees, a fused neck, fused toe, and other maladies of a senior, golf and biking are about my only 2 exercises anymore.  

You can do some mild stretching

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yesterday's exercising:  about 7 miles of walking (half of that to/from grocery store in morning, other half as an evening wind-down).  Mid-afternoon I moved an older TV into the garage so I could watch the Rattlers game while working out.  I've never done barbell to football before, but I did 3x8x80 press, 8x185 deadlift, then 2x and 6x 205.  I don't know why I stopped after two on that one;  I might up the weight slightly next deadlift session.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

33 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Yesterday's exercising:  about 7 miles of walking (half of that to/from grocery store in morning, other half as an evening wind-down).  Mid-afternoon I moved an older TV into the garage so I could watch the Rattlers game while working out.  I've never done barbell to football before, but I did 3x8x80 press, 8x185 deadlift, then 2x and 6x 205.  I don't know why I stopped after two on that one;  I might up the weight slightly next deadlift session.

Nothing like adding exercise to chores. It brings us back to the hunter-gatherer days when we did not call it exercise we called it survival.  Lifting weights while watching football sounds like a good way of relieving aggression as long as you don't get the urge to throw the weight at the TV

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Never3putt said:

Short 11.5 miles on the bicycle this morning.  Cool morning, but the smoke wasn't as bad as it has been.

that is a pretty good ride for being short 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 minutes ago, JCrane said:

that is a pretty good ride for being short 

 

I try to ride between 15-25 miles 4-7 times a week, weather and schedule permitting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...