IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

12 hours ago, JCrane said:

Nothing like adding exercise to chores. It brings us back to the hunter-gatherer days when we did not call it exercise we called it survival.  Lifting weights while watching football sounds like a good way of relieving aggression as long as you don't get the urge to throw the weight at the TV

Nah, the Rattlers came a missed PAT kick from putting up 70 against the opponent.  Now when it gets to Cardinals season... ;-) 

(I might start the 10am local slot games in the gym garage this season)

This evening I went for an 18 mile bike ride.  I got too caught up in work and left too late in the day to go the 30 I wanted to.  Another time! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Added another 17.5 miles on the bike this afternoon.  It was a great day to ride!  11.5 this morning and this afternoon decided to ride some more.

12 hours ago, Shindig said:

Nah, the Rattlers came a missed PAT kick from putting up 70 against the opponent.  Now when it gets to Cardinals season... ;-) 

(I might start the 10am local slot games in the gym garage this season)

This evening I went for an 18 mile bike ride.  I got too caught up in work and left too late in the day to go the 30 I wanted to.  Another time! 

Good to have a backup plan

• 4 months later...

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

6:00 am workout

1. 45 minutes indoor spinning intervals
  2. resistance band strength training, 3x15, 70lb yellow bands

1:00 pm workout

1. 20 minutes indoor rowing workout
  2. dumbbell power clean and press, 2x8 reps, 30 lbs

Need to put in the fitness training for the next 12 weeks to prepare for the 2022 Spring/Summer/Fall golf season

Beginner Bodyweight Workout (3 Circuits)

• 15 Bodyweight squats.
  • 10 Push-ups.
  • 10 Walking lunges (each leg).
  • 10 Dumbbell rows
  • 15 Second Plank
  • 15 Lower Back Crunch (lying face down, bring upper body off ground using back muscles) 
  • 30 Jumping jacks

Got my heart rate up to above 150 bpm for a good amount of the workout. My legs will be dead tomorrow. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Looking for a good core workout I can do at home. Been looking on the internet but haven't really found one that looks like a winner. Will gladly take any suggestions. I have weights (dumb bells and free weights) etc..

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

I can make you a video. How long do you want it ?  It should include upper and lower ab exercise and don't forget the back because that is part of the core.  What do you do now for core ?  using 1-10 how would you rate your core strength ? 

45 minutes ago, JCrane said:

I can make you a video. How long do you want it ?  It should include upper and lower ab exercise and don't forget the back because that is part of the core.  What do you do now for core ?  using 1-10 how would you rate your core strength ? 

Looking for a 15-20 minute core workout. Right now I do planks, curl ups, mountain climbers. Done with curl ups because of lower back. I hardly do any back workout since I left the gym. I would say I'm a 6-7 core strength (except maybe my back).

Edited by Bucki1968

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

54 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Looking for a 15-20 minute core workout. Right now I do planks, curl ups, mountain climbers. Done with curl ups because of lower back. I hardly do any back workout since I left the gym. I would say I'm a 6-7 core strength (except maybe my back).

I let the moderator know what I am doing. I need make sure I don't violate any policy here. I won't be in the studio until Sunday. I will get back to you shortly 

2 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

ok, I got permission to send you some links from youtube. I am going to send you a few exercises and you can tell me how they work for you so I can get a better idea on where you are at. Rate these videos 1-10 in terms of what you are feeling.  Do the planks effect your back pain ?  Let me know

• Thumbs Up 1

Squat 65kg 3x12
Bench Press 3x3 70kg
Stiff Legged Deadlift 3x8 85kg
Machine rows 3x10
Face-Pulls 3x10
Rear Delt Machine 3x10
Rotational exercises with bands

Used to train 5-6x per week but I am too addicted to golf to spend that much time at the gym anymore. Pretty content with 2x nowadays, but I am trying to fit a third light day - working very hard to persuade myself that working out also counts as golf.

I am having trouble in my left rhomboid from over-exertion and possibly poor technique.

Anyone know of any good exercises aside from face-pulls, rear delt work, etc.?

Edited by FlyingSpaniard

1 hour ago, FlyingSpaniard said:

Squat 65kg 3x12
Bench Press 3x3 70kg
Stiff Legged Deadlift 3x8 85kg
Machine rows 3x10
Face-Pulls 3x10
Rear Delt Machine 3x10
Rotational exercises with bands

Used to train 5-6x per week but I am too addicted to golf to spend that much time at the gym anymore. Pretty content with 2x nowadays, but I am trying to fit a third light day - working very hard to persuade myself that working out also counts as golf.

I am having trouble in my left rhomboid from over-exertion and possibly poor technique.

Anyone know of any good exercises aside from face-pulls, rear delt work, etc.?

Where is the stretching. ? Start now or you may regret it later in life. 

31 minutes ago, JCrane said:

Where is the stretching. ? Start now or you may regret it later in life. 

Sorry, do I need to detail everything I do? I seemed to read in the original topic that one could just post after a completed workout?What makes you assume that I don't stretch at all, like in the mornings, the evenings, during breaks at the office, or otherwise in separate workouts? You're going as far as assuming that I haven't stretched in my entire life ("start now").

Also, you do understand that performing compound lifts with good technique, at full range of motion, actually stretches the muscles and is excellent for mobility? Arguably just as good, if not much better, than static stretching?

And what exactly may I regret and when?

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Looking for a good core workout I can do at home. Been looking on the internet but haven't really found one that looks like a winner. Will gladly take any suggestions. I have weights (dumb bells and free weights) etc..

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/12/2022 at 11:41 AM, JCrane said:

ok, I got permission to send you some links from youtube. I am going to send you a few exercises and you can tell me how they work for you so I can get a better idea on where you are at. Rate these videos 1-10 in terms of what you are feeling.  Do the planks effect your back pain ?  Let me know

Did you get a chance to try these ?  Rate them in terms of difficulty . 1-10

Did you get a chance to try these ?  Rate them in terms of difficulty 1-10

8 hours ago, JCrane said:

Did you get a chance to try these ?  Rate them in terms of difficulty 1-10

You quoted yourself, so they won’t get notification of your question. Use @mentions to directly the post to them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 3 weeks later...

Started my very beginner powerlifting workout today. Felt really good to get back in the gym after a few weeks off. After a 15 min. warm up on the elliptical and followed by stretching I did the below. 

1. Barbell Bench Press – 4 x6

2. Pec fly’s – 3 x 8

3. Triceps Dips – 3 x 8

4. Lat Pulldowns – 3 x 8

Edited by Bo the Golfer
  • Like 1

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6