IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Due to lack of being able to play much golf I haven't been checking in much.  Glad to see this thread is alive and well.  Still doing Bells 3 times a week.  Snowboarding season has begun as well.

Today.

3x8 R+L single leg DL (held 35lb, and 44lbs)

3x10 Renegade rows (53,62)

Power Plank :30 x 3 with a 70lb bell

Then 3 rounds of on the minute, but in 3 min intervals, with a 3 min break between.  Finish the following in the 3 min interval

30 American swings

25 bw squats

12 cleans r+L

10 burpees

It was a fun one.

Dumbbell Hell  (20lb weight single arm)

-Dumbbell Swings (variant on kettleball swings)

-Dumbbell clean and press

-Dumbbell Split Squat

-Dumbbell Bent over Row

-Dumbbell Upright Row

-Dumbbell Front Squat

-Dumbbell One arm dead lift

-Dumbbell one arm chest fly

All 1 side 1 rotation = 1 set, do 3 sets each side in rotation, don't stop between exercises, take a minimal break between left and right side switch, take a 1 minute break after doing each side once

I got through 3 rotations, Then i went on and did 10 burpees with plyometric pushups at the bottom

I was gasping for air, wanting to die, oh how i love it :p

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

My doctor has finally cleared me to run again. It has been a long 6 months. So I went for a 1.5 mile run followed by 10 minutes of 40 yard sprints.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Originally Posted by preisman

My doctor has finally cleared me to run again. It has been a long 6 months. So I went for a 1.5 mile run followed by 10 minutes of 40 yard sprints.

Nice.  I can't wait to start up myself again.  I took this week off to kind of avoid the new years resolutioners at the gym and also give my body a chance to rest.  Next week I'm back at it!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Another 1.5 miles. Starting off better than I thought

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

5 minutes walking on 2% incline

5 minutes walking on 4% incline

10 minutes jogging on 2% incline

5 minutes walking on 2% incline

25 minutes, 1.6 miles

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

spin bike 30 min

weights 20 min

calisthenics 10 min

walking @ 3.5 mph 60 min

Not done yet. More bike when I get home and will likely walk another 20-30 min.

Dave :-)

I quit smoking 1 year ago from Jan 2nd 2012. I was 172lbs and believe it or not I was fit and active, I was a light smoker since I was 14, I am 32 and have 2 kids and decided it was time to quit out of respect for my family and myself; I gained 30lbs.

Here I am one year later smoke-free on the C25k program and on day 3 of it, I am finding this program very easy and hope it gets harder as I progress. Even as a smoker I've been ultra active competitively my entire life so I want this to burrrrrrrrn, I guess it will eventually.

• Upvote 2

I've been going to the gym several times a week.  Mixing in cardio (treadmill) with some bands and pulleys for arms/shoulders/chest/back.  Not bad... But the wife just signed me up for 12 cross fit classes.  My first class is tomorrow.  Uggggh.  I'll sign back in and let you guys know how it went.  I'm wondering if I can even make it through the class... LOL

• Upvote 1

I am on the second day of the second week of C25k on my treadmill. The running intervals are getting longer from 1 min run which was the first week to 1.5 mins now. Next week it will be 3 mins interval running, can't wait!

I need to lose 15lbs to be back into the target zone, my weigh-in for week 1 was Monday and I lost 3.2lbs within the first week!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I've been going to the gym several times a week.  Mixing in cardio (treadmill) with some bands and pulleys for arms/shoulders/chest/back.  Not bad... But the wife just signed me up for 12 cross fit classes.  My first class is tomorrow.  Uggggh.  I'll sign back in and let you guys know how it went.  I'm wondering if I can even make it through the class... LOL

How did it go?  I'm starting my golf season training today.  I'll be back to doing two workouts per day and then going to the driving range.  First tournament is in 31 days.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

How did it go?  I'm starting my golf season training today.  I'll be back to doing two workouts per day and then going to the driving range.  First tournament is in 31 days.

Wow.  It was rough.  To start the class - we ran about 800 meters outside.  Then went into the gym and started doing some body squats, push-ups and over-head bar raises.  That was fine as we were just doing sets of 10 and 5.  But toward the end of the class about 40 minutes into it... We did continuous Push-ups for 3 minutes, 10 burpees and 60 jump rope circuits for 6 minutes and then closed with 3 minutes of push-ups.  That last 15 minutes of the class sucked.  It was more endurance and trying to get as many reps in as you could.  I was cashed.

My wife did a Groupon like thing off of Amazon... For $30 bucks we got 12 sessions.  Beyond that it is like $100 (entry level) up to $199 per mo.  I don't see myself doing it beyond these 12 sessions.  I can do this type of stuff at 24hr fitness where we already have a membership.  But it was good to do something different.  And I liked how we did intervals on the clock.  Definitely pushed me to my limit...

2nd Crossfit workout was intense. Started out doing box jumps, and a variety of other things like lunges and high kicks to get our legs and gluts warmed up. Then came hell... Total of 4 of these... Kettle bell squats x10, a lap outside which was at least 800m, followed by continuous kettle bell wood chops 3.5mins. We had 1.5min rest, then repeated. 4x. I was toast at the end. My lungs and throat felt like they were on fire. My ass is out of shape!!!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

2nd Crossfit workout was intense. Started out doing box jumps, and a variety of other things like lunges and high kicks to get our legs and gluts warmed up.

Then came hell... Total of 4 of these...

Kettle bell squats x10, a lap outside which was at least 800m, followed by continuous kettle bell wood chops 3.5mins. We had 1.5min rest, then repeated. 4x.

I was toast at the end. My lungs and throat felt like they were on fire. My ass is out of shape!!!

That's the kind of stuff I want to do.  That can replace the sprint work I'm unable to do at the local track because of the cold weather outside.  The part about crossfit I don't like is the pullups (full body motion) and burnout pushups and stuff.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

That's the kind of stuff I want to do.  That can replace the sprint work I'm unable to do at the local track because of the cold weather outside.  The part about crossfit I don't like is the pullups (full body motion) and burnout pushups and stuff.

Yeah, Crossfit is pretty intense.  One of my buddies that I play golf with... He is in great shape and has been doing Crossfit religously for 6mo - and his daily intake is what I would consider to be very healthy.  Any way, we played golf on Saturday, and he was telling me the biggest thing that he likes about Crossfit, versus any other exercise plan that he has done, is how it trains your body to breathe. And increase your Vo2 max.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VO2_max

I've not done much research on VO2 max... But from what my buddy was telling me is that it is great for golf because when you are under pressure - like putting... You can control your breathing better.  And your pressure putting will become better than if you weren't in shape.

We were also talking about the effects I was feeling (my last Crossfit workout was on Friday night) - on Saturday morning... I still felt like I had a metallic taste in my throat - and chest was still kind of sore or felt like it was strained from breathing.  My buddy said he had the same exact thing... And he believed it was the body not being able to process the amount of oxygen intake - coupled with your heart rate hitting some upper limits when doing extrenuous type of workout like Crossfit?

I Googled that... And found this article.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/417325-why-does-my-mouth-taste-like-blood-after-i-exercise/

Not sure if I would call it blood that caused the feeling in my throat and chest... But it was definitely related to hitting some of my extremes in the regimine.  I'm expecting that this will subside as I continue to get in better and better shape over time?  At least for my buddy, he said he no longer has this issue.

But yeah... Crossfit can kick your ass if you really go balls to the wall with it.

Tonight is my 3rd workout - so I'll let you know how that goes.