IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Ok, had an awesome workout going this morning... And was ready to finish it up with 30" box jumps.  I made 14 and 3/4 jumps before I had a nice 'shave' of the right shin region.  Thank God my legs are a little hairy... Because that platform shaved the hair and the first layers (impact area maybe two layers) of skin from just above the ankle to my mid tibia region.

One word. OUCH!!!

I'm fine... But damn did that freaking hurt!  I guess I shouldn't do box jumps at the END of my workout? Who knew!?!?!?

lol

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

WOD - "Jet Fuel" 10 jerks 2 pullups, 9 jerks 4 pull ups etc....

RX- 155lb (I scaled it to 105 as i weigh 155 on a good day)

Jerk - 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Pull Up - 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20

Time

18:57

Originally Posted by GolfSwine

One of my favorites! Nice work! @righty to lefty

Thanks bossman...I think that I quit in my mind during every workout...but my body just keeps putting in work!

Today's W.O.D.

2 Rounds for Time:

500 Meter Row

25 Pullups

25 Squat Jumps

25 Kettle Bell Swings (75lb Bell...nearly took my soul by the time it was over)

25 Kettle Bell Thrusters ( 75lb Bell....DID take my soul but I got it back later!)

25 Hand Release Push Ups

25 Ring Dips

Then hold feet at 6 inches for two mins (40 burpees if anyones feet touched the ground)

Then hold a 45 lb plate above your head with arms fully extended for 2 mins ( 40 burpees if the plate touched anyone's head)

I LOVE IT...WHEN IT IS OVER!!

Originally Posted by GolfSwine

WOD - "Jet Fuel" 10 jerks 2 pullups, 9 jerks 4 pull ups etc....

RX- 155lb (I scaled it to 105 as i weigh 155 on a good day)

Jerk - 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Pull Up - 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20

Time

18:57

That sounds like a fun one!

Originally Posted by Righty to Lefty

That sounds like a fun one!

Pure misery hah it was a miracle i didnt rip my hands doing all the pull ups... the body aches are setting in right about now.. haha

W.O.D.

4 Rounds for time

20 Hang Clean to Push Press ( 95lbs....Rx was 75lbs)

20 Hand Release Push Ups

I've learned that the easier it is for the instructor to write it on the board....the worse it is gonna be for us!! Keep Pushin GolfSwine!!

Thanks bossman...I think that I quit in my mind during every workout...but my body just keeps putting in work!

Dude I know what you mean... The "god d@$& it I really don't wanna do this, this is gonna freakin hurt" feeling... I love crossfit, but I'm trying to gain some weight so I'm on a more traditional workout routine... So dull. But I cf makes me look like I'm right out of boot again. Rowing is great, try swimming too. I still finish with a swim a couple times a week

Yesterday I did a quicker workout. I have also been suffering from shin splints for the past month or so, which requires me to cycle instead of run.

I cycled about 7.5 miles yesterday in 30 minutes, and then benched 85lbs x 15reps x 3 sets. I grew up a runner and have never been one to lift a lot of weight, so I'm just trying to build up doing about 135lbs x 20 reps x 3 sets.

After that I did a few minutes of planks. But overall, it was a very easy, nice, short workout.

Originally Posted by octabogey

Dude I know what you mean... The "god d@$& it I really don't wanna do this, this is gonna freakin hurt" feeling...

I love crossfit, but I'm trying to gain some weight so I'm on a more traditional workout routine... So dull. But I cf makes me look like I'm right out of boot again. Rowing is great, try swimming too. I still finish with a swim a couple times a week

Yeah CrossFit isn't designed to build mass and I just can't do other workouts because I am so used to the pace of C Fit and I am just looking to get lean and toned so it is perfect for me.  I would swim but they don't have many swimming pools in Afghanistan!!  I definately put in my fair share of time on the rower though!!  Keep pushin octabogey!!

I alternate every second day at the gym with a one hour spin class and a one hour weights class (body pump) both les mills classes. Day on, day at the range/playing, day on.

Well at least I will be doing that again once uni starts back, now I just play everyday ;)

:titleist: 913 D2 8.75* Adilia Tour Green 65 Stiff Shaft

Rocketballz Stage 2 3Wood 15* Stiff Shaft

Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Shaft

CG Forged Dark Chrome CC Gap Wedge 52*

RAC Black TP 56*

:cleve: 588 RTX 60*

White Smoke IN-12 Blade Putter     Penta TP5

I'm about a month into a new exercise regime after a hiatus of about 15 years.  No decent excuses except some medical issues along the line, all resolved now thank you very much.

Two or three times a week, about an hour workout in the bedroom where I have a weight bench with bar holder for chest presses and three removeable attachments (cable tower, preacher bar, gizmo for quads and leg biceps) for just about everything else.  I also have an adjustable slant board for sit ups but wish I hadn't gotten rid of my device for back extensions - I could do Good Mornings instead I suppose.   Our development has an excellent exercise facility that I haven't used yet but plan to.  In the bedroom I can watch TGC or a tour event or some old movie on the TV there - nice.

Aerobic exercise is rather light at the moment and includes mountain biking on local trails and rollerblading.  I need to get out doing this stuff more - I'm retired now and have the time.  Also plan to use community pool when it warms up a bit, as well as play some tennis.

The good news is despite my creeping senescence my muscles are still responding nicely to the stress.  They are already becoming more defined and I'm having to up the weights nicely (without risking pulling anything).  That wonderful feeling after a good workout has come back - I'd actually forgotten what it felt like.  And the pleasure of a good burn of the quads, triceps etc - nothing like it!

The message to all old-codgers-to-be out there:  it's never too late!

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball