Alternating snatches

60 sec plank

5 Turkish get-ups on each side, light bell

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit 100 balls, walked a 9 hole course with 100 plus yards elevation change, hit another 200 balls to verify what I said in a blog earlier, going to play tennis with my son, then plan to hit another 100 balls to check if I can hit with a slightly bent wrist and more forward hands to see if I can lower my ball flight.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Small fracture in sternum just above xyphoid process two days ago. Workput today was to sleep in. I followed it up with a pain killer washed down with a cod sandwich and fish bowl from local German eatery. I will swing the clubs next week for flex sake. Wifey is babying me. I may drag this out a couple of days.

Tweaked my shoulder Sat so it's a light week for me. I am on ice and anti-inflammatories. Limited to below the neck band work, lower body and cardio.

30 minute spin

leg press 3x15

weighted calf raises 3x15

leg extension 5x10

ham curls 4x8

cardio step jumps 1 min.x4

8 minutes band stuff with waist belt

Dave :-)

Day four of upper body restrictions, getting old trying to work around it on days that would usually be upper body.

30 min. spin

12 minutes band work, mostly various lunges, squats and cardio stuff.

60 sit ups

5 min. spin cool down

40 minute mixed jog/walk

Dave :-)

Monday night I was invited by a friend to attend a Crossfit class.  Less intensive than I thought it was going to be, maybe I got them on an "easy" night.    I still like my kettlebell classes more, even though I get my ass kicked lol

Mike McLoughlin

Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself by posting about it, but I've been a good little dieter for 7 days straight now and have dropped a bunch of water weight... I was 193 and this morning, I was 188. Ugh.... I weighed 175 in like May.... and I weighed 160 in 2010... I guess this is what happens as you get older.

Anywho, I ran three miles this morning and my left knee hurt pretty bad afterwards.... but it felt like an "out of shape, I'm overweight" type of pain, so I'm not too worried. A quick ice job seems to have done the job.

Thanksgiving should be interesting as far as controlling calories goes.... but boy did I overeat this fall... I feel like I was eating 4000 calories a day for the past two months without exercising once. Yikes...

OK, personal goal is to break back into the 170s.... I do believe I will get there in like 30-40 days or so. I'll keep blogging my progress here in attempt to stay motivated.

Constantine

Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself by posting about it, but I've been a good little dieter for 7 days straight now and have dropped a bunch of water weight... I was 193 and this morning, I was 188. Ugh.... I weighed 175 in like May.... and I weighed 160 in 2010... I guess this is what happens as you get older.

Anywho, I ran three miles this morning and my left knee hurt pretty bad afterwards.... but it felt like an "out of shape, I'm overweight" type of pain, so I'm not too worried. A quick ice job seems to have done the job.

Thanksgiving should be interesting as far as controlling calories goes.... but boy did I overeat this fall... I feel like I was eating 4000 calories a day for the past two months without exercising once. Yikes...

OK, personal goal is to break back into the 170s.... I do believe I will get there in like 30-40 days or so. I'll keep blogging my progress here in attempt to stay motivated.

Sounds like we have roughly the same goals in terms of weight and current status (although I'm probably a bit heavier than even you are).  For reference, I was 169 in August ;-)

The difference is also that I've worked out 6 days a week consistently since August, so it's not about the workouts, for me.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Sounds like we have roughly the same goals in terms of weight and current status (although I'm probably a bit heavier than even you are).  For reference, I was 169 in August ;-)

The difference is also that I've worked out 6 days a week consistently since August, so it's not about the workouts, for me.

Haha, given that I've seen what you look like from your swing thread, I can say that our weights might be the same, but the materials are certainly different! You're a beast, dude! (I guess those swing videos are kind of old though).

Honestly, I was in shape a few years ago, but it just gets harder to motivate as the years go by.... I still refuse to fully let myself go though. There's still some vanity left in me somewhere. :-D

So your situation is you are exercising regularly but just aren't monitoring what you eat at all? If so, then yea... getting started with the diet is the toughest part.... just let yourself get in a groove somehow with it and I think you'll be fine given your dedication to the gym is already in the 99th percentile.

Constantine

So your situation is you are exercising regularly but just aren't monitoring what you eat at all? If so, then yea... getting started with the diet is the toughest part.... just let yourself get in a groove somehow with it and I think you'll be fine given your dedication to the gym is already in the 99th percentile.

Try to cut out as much processed stuff as you can, drink water and eat a lot of protein.  Protein helps you feel more full and helps you not lose muscle when you start losing weight.  I just had lunch and ate about a half a pound (cooked) of chicken with some tomato sauce, mushrooms and spinach.  Also had a piece of chocolate.  Comes out to about 500 calories and I feel very full.  So don't starve yourself, just adjust what you eat.  You probably know this already but I'm just sharing ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Try to cut out as much processed stuff as you can, drink water and eat a lot of protein.  Protein helps you feel more full and helps you not lose muscle when you start losing weight.  I just had lunch and ate about a half a pound (cooked) of chicken with some tomato sauce, mushrooms and spinach.  Also had a piece of chocolate.  Comes out to about 500 calories and I feel very full.  So don't starve yourself, just adjust what you eat.  You probably know this already but I'm just sharing

Never hurts to brush up! Thanks, Mike. Agreed, you get way more bang for your buck with healthy food as far as calories go. Speaking of which, i bought some chicken the other day, so I think I'll fire that up tonight... good filling, healthy choice.

Constantine

(I guess those swing videos are kind of old though).

I believe they are from early last summer.  So yeah, pretty old.  However this is the normal cycle for me.  I believe part of me is conditioned (like most of us) to be more active in the summer.  But I also think some of it comes from playing 12-14 years of football and having a "training camp" mentality.  I will work out twice a day and be in a complete zone during the spring/summer months, but when winter starts nearing, I lose the motivation to be in peak physical shape, and eat like a slob.

Try to cut out as much processed stuff as you can, drink water and eat a lot of protein.  Protein helps you feel more full and helps you not lose muscle when you start losing weight.  I just had lunch and ate about a half a pound (cooked) of chicken with some tomato sauce, mushrooms and spinach.  Also had a piece of chocolate.  Comes out to about 500 calories and I feel very full.  So don't starve yourself, just adjust what you eat.  You probably know this already but I'm just sharing

Thanks for the info, didn't realize protein give a fulfilled feeling.  I know that salad does that as well (I think).

I generally have a very regimented diet that is very specific, when I'm motivated to stick to it.  But usually there is an event/vacation I'll return from at some point late in the summer or early fall that I'll completely abandon the normal diet and eat junk food non-stop.  Most of the time it just starts with a 2-3 day reprieve where I allow myself to break the normal routine, and the result is I find it hard to get back into it.

My normal routine includes 20,000 steps a day wearing a pedometer (running, walking, or both). Outside if the weather is decent and on my treadmill if it's not.

Unfortunately my treadmill motor burned up and the weather is terrible so I did my normal Tuesday workout with weights and bungee cords. Sitting here thinking of an improvisation to take the place of my steps.

Maybe I'll get an idea I like if I finish reading this thread.

A few years ago I started a sit up regimen where I increased my continuous sit ups by one every day. Started out at 100 and quit doing it (for some reason) when I got to 687 (had to look it up in my log book).

I may start that back up again (at around 50?)

bplewis and Jetfan, I'll send you the plan that I've been doing for the past few months.  Not trying to "recruit" anyone but there is some interesting stuff on how people gain weight.

Mike McLoughlin

Yep. Fat plus carbs equal taste very good, but not filling. Proteins are bland, unless they have fat, but they are filling. Veggies are filling as well. Check out marksdailyapple blog, great info on this stuff. Also 15-20% of protein is used to digest it. So it's filling and has lower calorie requirements per gram. Also check out wholehealthsource blog. More scientific blog, but great info why humans eat and how processed foods are engineered to make us over eat for profits. There is a reason low fat food has so much more extra sugar added. To cover for the lack in taste due to fat loss, and sugar is addictive.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

bplewis and Jetfan, I'll send you the plan that I've been doing for the past few months.  Not trying to "recruit" anyone but there is some interesting stuff on how people gain weight.

Thanks Mike.  It's been a while since I had some good nutritional info to read.  I'm going to make it a point to read this after I've stuffed half a turkey down my gullet this Thursday :-) .