IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Ran 1.5 miles as it finally wasn't snowing, blowing 30 MPH, or snowing like crazy.

God I hate running (when I'm doing it).

Go out there and do that today. Feels like -31 with the wind chill...woof.

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Go out there and do that today. Feels like -31 with the wind chill...woof.

You think running is bad, try cycling all year round. Add to the wind chill an additional 15 - 25 mph generated by your own speed. Black ice. Unsympathetic drivers (ignoramuses), the chance of a flat, etc...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

You think running is bad, try cycling all year round. Add to the wind chill an additional 15 - 25 mph generated by your own speed. Black ice. Unsympathetic drivers (ignoramuses), the chance of a flat, etc...

What is the coldest weather you ride in?  I usually will not go out unless it is close to 40.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

My wife and I are cyclists too, and this is the absolute truth!

At least we don't have ice down here......but 23mm on a wet, slick road isn't a picnic either.  The ignorant drivers are the good ones.  The overtly aggressive ones are the drivers that scare the hell out of me, and there are far too many of them!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My wife and I are cyclists too, and this is the absolute truth!

At least we don't have ice down here......but 23mm on a wet, slick road isn't a picnic either.  The ignorant drivers are the good ones.  The overtly aggressive ones are the drivers that scare the hell out of me, and there are far too many of them!

In general, suburban drivers are the worst. Especially when they drive in the city. They have no clue what it's like to be on a bike with nary any protection but some styrofoam on your head. Getting door'ed, sudden turns, honking and scaring the bloody hell out of you. I'm passive and introverted, but I've given the finger to many drivers. I've gotten honked because I was going too slow (by car standards), driver has plenty of room to pass... to get to a red light. Idiots. I'm not saying all drivers are bad, but there is a good percentage of sh**ty f&*ing drivers.

But cycling is awesome low impact aerobic exercise if you don't get hit by a car. Swimming is great, but depending on where you are, can be a pain getting to the pool.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

They have no clue what it's like to be on a bike with nary any protection but some styrofoam on your head.

It's a two way street, my friend.  Cyclists are at greater risk, no doubt.  But I've seen far too many idiotic stunts attempted by cyclists to give all of them a pass on the "idiocy" label.  California cyclists are pretty bold.  Once a guy got pissed at me after I nearly hit him when he attempted to signal so that he could cross a 4-lane (2 lanes both ways) street in the middle of traffic (no intersection).  I guess he thought all traffic was supposed to stop for him once he signaled.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

It's a two way street, my friend.  Cyclists are at greater risk, no doubt.  But I've seen far too many idiotic stunts attempted by cyclists to give all of them a pass on the "idiocy" label.  California cyclists are pretty bold.  Once a guy got pissed at me after I nearly hit him when he attempted to signal so that he could cross a 4-lane (2 lanes both ways) street in the middle of traffic (no intersection).  I guess he thought all traffic was supposed to stop for him once he signaled.

Very true. As a cyclist I hate dealing with these guys too. But who wins in bike vs car? Always the car safety wise. Many drivers don't get that.

Steve

I would have far more respect for cyclists in general if they would adhere to the rules of the road. You know, stopping at stop signs, respecting traffic lights, riding on the correct side of the road ... that stuff. They (cyclists) get so irate at drivers but then turn around and act like the Highway Code (or whatever legislation applies in your area) doesn't apply to them in any way, shape or form. Lots of idiot drivers out there for sure but I honestly think the % of idiot cyclists is far higher, it's just perceived as lower because no one is really all that frightened by a bicycle.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

But who wins in bike vs car? Always the car safety wise. Many drivers don't get that.

No doubt.  That's why drivers can't think of it as "winning" a battle between a cyclist, no matter who has the "right of way" in any given situation.  Drivers sometimes don't realize how easily they can kill somebody.  Ever see that video of the driver who attempted to run over a pedestrian?  I believe it was earlier this year in SoCal.  Apparently they had an altercation a few blocks up the street, and the driver didn't let it go.

Back on the horse after a "foolish" 1 and half month layoff and I paid for it: W.O.D: 5 sets for time: 10 Burpees 10 Hand Release Push Ups 10 Air Squats 10 Cross Fit Sit Ups Then With a Partner 20/15/10/5 Burpees while the partner holds a 35lb weight over their head 20/15/10/5 Cross Fit Sit Ups while the partner holds the 35lb weight in high pull position Yup I was sore before I even walked out of the room!

Back on the horse after a "foolish" 1 and half month layoff and I paid for it:

W.O.D:

5 sets for time:

10 Burpees

10 Hand Release Push Ups

10 Air Squats

10 Cross Fit Sit Ups

Then

With a Partner

20/15/10/5 Burpees while the partner holds a 35lb weight over their head

20/15/10/5 Cross Fit Sit Ups while the partner holds the 35lb weight in high pull position

Yup I was sore before I even walked out of the room!

Oooh, I like. I will be stealing some of this. Especially the cross fit sit ups. Always looking for a good way to do cardio with out a tredmill!!! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Oooh, I like. I will be stealing some of this. Especially the cross fit sit ups. Always looking for a good way to do cardio with out a tredmill!!!

Oh yeah it was great....I can't even touch my nose today because my triceps and chest are so sore ! I have no clue how I'm goin to swing a golf club tomorrow ! I guess I deserve it for slackin !

You could have eased back into it more. Usually when I get a long layoff from working out, I go halve my weights and do slow methodical movements stretching out the muscles. Maybe on the last set I will ramp it up a bit. I want to really loosen up the muscles from being so inactive.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Usually when I get a long layoff from working out, I go halve my weights and do slow methodical movements stretching out the muscles. Maybe on the last set I will ramp it up a bit. I want to really loosen up the muscles from being so inactive.

This is what my last 1.5 weeks have been like.

The atmosphere is addictive and just makes you want to put in work. I didn't lift any weight but burpees have a way of getting their point across that you shouldn't  take extended time off !!  The soreness will pass and I just accept it, drink some protein, and drive on. In a week I'll be back to my normal self !'m glad that I have two days off from the workouts to further recover !!

If it really bothers you, try taking an ice bath. When I first did P90x Ab Ripper I didn't know how out of shape my hip flexors were. I couldn't stand up straight. So I just got a bag of ice, filled the tub up, and took an ice bath. Helps the inflammation die down.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

If it really bothers you, try taking an ice bath. When I first did P90x Ab Ripper I didn't know how out of shape my hip flexors were. I couldn't stand up straight. So I just got a bag of ice, filled the tub up, and took an ice bath. Helps the inflammation die down.

Absolutely I was using some ice packs on my triceps and shoulders as they were just slaughtered. I've never taken a full ice bath as it just looks painful but I may have to bite the bullet and give it a try.

The workout we did on Thursday:

20 mins of deep squat work with moderate weight

W.O.D.

As many rounds in 30 mins with a partner alternate between

1. 15 Squats (135 lbs) / Plank hold ( if you come out of the plank hold before the partner finishes their reps 10 burpee penalty on the spot)

2. 15 Pull ups / Mountain Climbers

3. 15 Hand Release Push Ups / High Knees Sprint

4. 30 Kettle Bell Swings

Then

Sets of 20/15/10/5

1. Med Ball Clean and Press

2. Burpees

Going to do this in about an hour and then eat a lot, it's my cheat day :dance::banana:

KB circuit, 15 sec breaks between each:

One arm swing (30 seconds left + 30 seconds right)

High pull (30 seconds left + 30 seconds right)

Clean (30 seconds left + 30 seconds right)

Snatch (30 seconds left + 30 seconds right)

Reverse lunge (30 seconds left + 30 seconds right)

Push press (30 seconds left + 30 seconds right)

Two hand swing (30 seconds)

Four point plank (30 seconds)

Two hand swing (30 seconds)

Four point plank (30 seconds)

Push Up (30 seconds)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram