10 mountain climbers each leg

10 pushups

10 mod v-ups

10 squats

20 reverse hypers

10 mod v-ups

then a little bit of stretching for a cooldown

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today I did my 10 minute warm up run followed by a steady jog at 5.8 mph for about twenty minutes until I was dragged to an Insanity class.  That was intense to say the least.  45 minutes of interval training left me exhausted but satisfied that my friend show me a great new workout.

• 3 weeks later...

Slowly getting back into it after being sick after the PGA Show and traveling a bunch. Been doing 100 swings a day  since last Tuesday with some strength training. Also did a kettlebell class last Thursday.

Today

200 KB swings 20kg

4 sets of:

5 double cleans

2 military presses

3 front squats (with the bells)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

KB class tonight

2X

30 seconds each

Two hand swings- Heavy, which for me right now is 24kg

Two hand swings- Medium 20kg

Presses 30 secs each arm- heavy

Press 30 secs each arm- medium

Goblet squats- heavy

Goblet squats- medium

Squats- no weights

Alternating swings- heavy

Alternating swings- medium

V ups- light 14kg

V ups- no weight

Double Cleans- heavy

Double Cleans- medium

Mike McLoughlin

Progressive winter workout: 2/26/2014

Bench Press 110 lbs. 5 sets. 66,56,51,46,56

Curls 110 lbs. 3 sets. 17,17,16

Pull downs. 3 sets. 73,63,53

Sit ups. 2 sets. 65,51

Walking 20,249 steps.

5X5 BB Overhead Press (with 2 sets of warm up)

3X5 Deadlifts (with 2 sets of warm up)

3 sets of Farmers

I love this. I competed in powerlifting for a few years, and this sounds like a workout we would do on a Saturday morning after a competition or use a log for the overhead for a strongman workout to mix it up, with maybe some tire flips thrown in. Big and simple!

I love this. I competed in powerlifting for a few years, and this sounds like a workout we would do on a Saturday morning after a competition or use a log for the overhead for a strongman workout to mix it up, with maybe some tire flips thrown in. Big and simple!

Trying to keep it simple, if it comes to a point where I can't add plates I may add a "few" isolations". @uno6518 when you were power lifting, what would another workout look like?

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

Trying to keep it simple, if it comes to a point where I can't add plates I may add a "few" isolations".  when you were power lifting, what would another workout look like?

The guy who ran our team, our coach, kept things very simple. We lifted three days/week, with each workout based around the comp. lifts: bench, squat, DL. The main lift would be 6 week cycles of prog. overload using board presses and full range of motion bench, box and regular squats, and rack and regular DLs. For bench, we would then do some type of heavy top range of motion, like bench off pins, and we also did tons of tricep high rep stuff. We lifted in single ply bench shirts, so it was important for locking out purposes.

The other two days would be the main lift, plus accessory work. Sets of 8-10 reps on things like reverse hyperextensions, good mornings, heavy 45 deg. back raises, pull throughs, etc. We'd often have something like farmers walks or tire flips as well, and then very high rep upper back/trap work on DL day. Never really did more than 12-14 sets total for the whole workout, but always kept getting strong.

Keeping it simple never goes wrong. I am a big fan of Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 program for when I just don't want to get to complicated with my training....highly recommend that for a good, simple workout, with tons of flexibility thrown in depending on your specific goals.

• Upvote 1

Changed the routine very "slightly" for the month of March, still focusing on the same compounds though

Squats 5x5 (2 warm up)

OH Press 5x5 (2 warm up)

Chest Dips 3x3

Tricep Isolations, high rep, with little rest between each

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

Really good one tonight.

Workout 1 X3, Workout 2 X2

Mike McLoughlin

Did this yesterday, Gym Jones "300" workout because the new movie is out. I suck at pull-ups so most of them were jumping pull-ups. Deadlifts were with two 30kg kettlebells.

Mike McLoughlin

Did this yesterday, Gym Jones "300" workout because the new movie is out. I suck at pull-ups so most of them were jumping pull-ups. Deadlifts were with two 30kg kettlebells.

so do you just try to get to those numbers with as many reps as it takes you. So let say you can only do 10 pull ups, do you move on to the next one, and come back to it later?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

so do you just try to get to those numbers with as many reps as it takes you. So let say you can only do 10 pull ups, do you move on to the next one, and come back to it later?

It's a pretty intense workout. You keep going until you get to 50. Obviously not 50 straight, like 5 sets of 10. Right now I can only do about 5 good pull ups in a row. Like I said, most of the ones I did were jumping pull ups.

Mike McLoughlin

It's a pretty intense workout. You keep going until you get to 50. Obviously not 50 straight, like 5 sets of 10. Right now I can only do about 5 good pull ups in a row. Like I said, most of the ones I did were jumping pull ups.

So what is the typical rest between sets do you give yourself?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: