Your Workout Today

iacas

Deadlifts and KB class

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Getting up at 4am and trying to calm my newborn bouncing on an exercise ball :-( That's a core workout, right?

Have been trying to fit in body weight stuff (push-ups, pull-ups, core, plyos, etc.) when I can. Β Haven't beat 2x a week yet, but have gotten in 2 every week so far at least...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Getting up at 4am and trying to calm my newborn bouncing on an exercise ballΒ :-( Β  That's a core workout, right? Have been trying to fit in body weight stuff (push-ups, pull-ups, core, plyos, etc.) when I can. Β Haven't beat 2x a week yet, but have gotten in 2 every week so far at least...

I remember those days. Good thing babies are cute, or those morning wake up calls could be pretty miserable. Good you're still able to work out. Don't let yourself go like some of us. :-X

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Started doing barbell thrusters. Mixed that in with power cleans today

and KB class

Mike McLoughlin

Mike

I like that you have everything charted like that.Β  I do a 3 day strength training and 2 day cardio regiment but it would be nice to have it all in one place like that so I can plan out my workouts for the week.Β  I recently picked up a complete workout guide by mens health and changed my resistance band/exercise ball workout I made up to a more focused workout like you have and included about 15 minutes of stretching-type exercises.

I started the stretching regiment when I realized I couldn't do this very well due to lack of flexibility http://thesandtrap.com/t/54540/a-centered-pivot

I actually started getting back into golf to have something to do on the weekends about 14 months ago.Β  So far, I am down 55lbs and feel better than I ever had in my life.Β  I don't want to say golf has done that for me but it continues to give the little extra push sometimes.

Now I have to go get a dry-erase board haha

My morning work out is what it has been for a long time...I get out of bed :-P

Then, it is my (almost) every morning walk with the dogs which is a couple of miles RT. After that, I do another 4 miles on a mountain bike, which include hills, valleys, soft sand, gravel, and dodging an occasional snake, or two. Wild burrows, and desert big horn sheep sometimes take notice of me. This is a major work out regime for me right now to regain some lost leg strength.

In cooler weather I will get the back pack, and walking staff out, and take off across the desert, with no particular destination in mind. Those hikes sometimes might last as much as a two or three days. Most of those multi day Β hikes are volunteer work for the NPS. Other times I will take a small box of lures, and a fishing pole, and walk the banks of the local lake, doing the catch, and release thing.

One of my favorite multi mile hikes involves a dry lake bed, two golf balls, and an old 2 iron. You can figure out the rest on this one. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Hey Mike,

Love the workouts you're doing. Β I got away from weights after my college baseball career was over partly mostly because I'd only ever been taught classic (but not good classic) weight lifting. Β You know, chest/triceps day of bench, incline bench, flies, tricep press, etc. Β Back/shoulders day of rows, back flies, pull-ups, shoulder press, lighter weight baseball style rotator cuff stuff, various curls. Β And a legs day squats, leg curls, quad extensions, etc. Β Throw in core stuff most days. Β Even after shifting off bars and machines to all dumbbells, never seemed like the most functional strength, and got kinda boring. Β Love the workouts you've been posting. Β Cool mix of classic and modern stuff with and without weights, lots of full body power and stabilization. Β I might try something like you're doing if I ever buy a nice set of weights. Β Where'd you get it from (maybe it's posted way back in this thread, but...)?

Also, if anyone's interested in pure body weight full body stuff, thought I'd share one of the workouts I just found that I've been loving: http://sealgrinderpt.com/navy-seal-workout/sb-workout-7-20-14-2.html/ . Β I don't have time for the full 2 hour workout right now, so I've just been doing the first 30 minute part and my own stretching routine. Β Especially if you push it and try to get through as fast as possible (keeping good form and control of course!), it's cool cause it's a solid full body workout in 40 minutes and at full speed it's even a light cardio workout for me at least.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Mike

I like that you have everything charted like that.Β  I do a 3 day strength training and 2 day cardio regiment but it would be nice to have it all in one place like that so I can plan out my workouts for the week.Β  I recently picked up a complete workout guide by mens health and changed my resistance band/exercise ball workout I made up to a more focused workout like you have and included about 15 minutes of stretching-type exercises.

Thanks, the chart/board at my kettlebell gym, so I just take pictures of the workout. I sometimes do them at home, so it's nice to have it all written down.

Even after shifting off bars and machines to all dumbbells, never seemed like the most functional strength, and got kinda boring. Β Love the workouts you've been posting. Β Cool mix of classic and modern stuff with and without weights, lots of full body power and stabilization. Β I might try something like you're doing if I ever buy a nice set of weights. Β Where'd you get it from (maybe it's posted way back in this thread, but...)?

At my gym there are just kettlebells and a barbell. Kettlebells are pretty cool because it's a mix of aerobic and anaerobic cardio, really good for fat burning. Then to add more strength, I've started doing power lifting and heavy kettlebell complexes, like this one. I'll do this at home once or twice a week for 5 sets. This guy makes it look easy btw, the double front squats are a bitch.

Mike McLoughlin

Did my Joey D workout today. Β I do this one 2 - 3 times a week. Β I will be working on the FishFit app workouts this weekend and will be writing a review.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Four more injections in my lumbar region. Β Four prednisone. Β Two Lortabs. Β One tall-boy Bud Light. Β Later on some Wii Golf. Β It's been a bad week.

Four more injections in my lumbar region. Β Four prednisone. Β Two Lortabs. Β One tall-boy Bud Light. Β Later on some Wii Golf. Β It's been a bad week.

I hope you have a speedy recovery. Β Best of luck.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Shoulder workout today:

(Only had a spare 30mins so i really cut down rest times and didn't do any core which i usually throw in with shoulders)

Push press 3x6

DB shoulder press 3x12

Face pulls 3x12

Lateral raises 3x12

BB Shrugs 3x10

update on my goals: now at 66.6kg, up from 64kg a month or so ago. Strength going up big time too, max deadlift up 10kg in that time :-D

Henry

Forgot to post this Wednesday

Bench press, light/medium deadlifts, ring push and pull ups

Mike McLoughlin

Sumo deadlifts, bench presses and KB class.

Mike McLoughlin

Leg day today:

Back squats 5x6

Leg press 4x10

Romanian deadlifts 3x10

Seated calf raise 4x15

Henry

I guess I overdid the cardio while I was on the road this week. I tried to get on the elliptical tonight and couldn't do it because my knee hurt too much. I did get a whole body weight session in though.

- Shane