IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

I tried to workout at lunch after donating blood this morning. NOT a good idea.

The only workout I can think of is drinking non-alcoholic fluids. Put on some sweats and get something like Jamba Juice. This way you can at least look like you worked out. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The only workout I can think of is drinking non-alcoholic fluids. Put on some sweats and get something like Jamba Juice. This way you can at least look like you worked out.

Too dang hot here in so. cali....89 degrees right now, and I'm 10 blocks from the ocean... :-O

Too dang hot here in so. cali....89 degrees right now, and I'm 10 blocks from the ocean...

It was over 100F this morning after the turn, it felt like a Sauna with the humidity. It was borderline disgusting. On the positive note, the grass is growing a lot faster where there is irrigation. Possibly the point of contention on the green aeration issue.

It feels like 109F according to the weather report, but I think it's only 104F. :whistle:

We need to drink more :beer: to cool down. This is almost a Coors Lite Day. Almost.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Double workout today.

Bench press, back squats, deadlifts

and kettlebell class

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sounds great!  What kind of load and load progression are you using with your squats?  If you are using a load, where are you positioning the load? What kind of speed? How many reps?  Are you also making golf swings between/after your squat sets?

That is asking a lot of information there. I have one question, why would you be making golf swings between/after squat sets?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Great question! As a physical therapist working with golfers for over 30 years (1st physical therapist on the PGA Tour), a common complaint coming from golfers who tried other strength and conditioning programs before working with me was that they felt like they are getting stronger from their previous conditioning program BUT they weren't experiencing measurable performance results (more distance, accuracy, consistency, lower scores, etc.) on the course.  However, when we added golf-specific swing re-education drills (especially when watching in front of a mirror) between and after sets of their custom exercises they would then immediately see better results in their ball striking and overall performance.

Sounds great!  What kind of load and load progression are you using with your squats?  If you are using a load, where are you positioning the load? What kind of speed? How many reps?  Are you also making golf swings between/after your squat sets?

It was more of a high rep day. Did 7 sets of 3 reps at 135lbs for the back squats. In between each set I was doing 1-2 deadlifts at 225lbs.

No golf swings in between but have been doing some practice at home. Trying to do 20-30 reps of this one drill.

Mike McLoughlin

Not sure if this is the right place for this. I started working out a week ago, let's see if it will last, I will reward myself after a month without missing a day. But I know really nothing about excercise. But yesterday was a leg day and I went to the course today and couldn't swing very well because I was so sore. Squatting to line up putts and syncing everything up was a struggle. And my armpit area was still sore from a few days before. So how do you golf when you are sore, I'm not sure I can workout if I'm not gonna be able to swing a club

What's a 28 day squat work out found ??..is this on a app..?

It's on travelstrong's website. It's great for stRting out and is all planned out. And has three levels with video of each squat as well. I've been out with sever plantar fasciitis in my left heel. Now at 2 months with it so working at starting slow again. Check her site out.

Not sure if this is the right place for this. I started working out a week ago, let's see if it will last, I will reward myself after a month without missing a day. But I know really nothing about excercise. But yesterday was a leg day and I went to the course today and couldn't swing very well because I was so sore. Squatting to line up putts and syncing everything up was a struggle. And my armpit area was still sore from a few days before. So how do you golf when you are sore, I'm not sure I can workout if I'm not gonna be able to swing a club

Being sore is just normal, especially if it's something you're new to. As you workout more you won't get as sore as you are now. Pros workout all the time, heavy weights too and they have no problem playing, your body will adapt.

Mike McLoughlin

Being sore is just normal, especially if it's something you're new to. As you workout more you won't get as sore as you are now. Pros workout all the time, heavy weights too and they have no problem playing, your body will adapt.

Yep. ↑

About two weeks ago I did walking lunges for the first time in a year. My legs were sore for about a week. I do leg exercises like squats, deadlifts and KB swings. Lunges just work different areas of the quads and really work the inner thigh area do to the balance required. So, even someone who works out regularly, just switching up exercises can cause discomfort.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I actually play a lot of basketball. And I coach it too. I also have a gym membership, but to be honest, I'm doing well if I even go twice a week. I usually stick to once a week but I know I need to go more or else it's getting cancelled. Basketball is my main source of exercise and I can get pretty sore from a good session. Lots of cardio, lots of jumping and footwork. I'm really glad I do it, I haven't felt this good in a really long time.

Friday:

5x5 with 95lb (clean squats)

30 gke

3x3 95lb.  (Clean squat)

20gke

3 pull ups

3 press (95lb)

-4 rounds

135lb Deadlift

4x4

Today:

3 rounds