IGNORED

Your Workout Today

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday I mowed my large and steep front lawn, not on a riding mower.  Then I succumbed to two gin & tonics.  I thought about riding my bike for 8 miles but went to the range instead and hit a b

I quit smoking 1 year ago from Jan 2nd 2012. I was 172lbs and believe it or not I was fit and active, I was a light smoker since I was 14, I am 32 and have 2 kids and decided it was time to quit out o

5x5 Squat at 135 lbs 5x5 Bench at 95 lbs 1x5 Deadlift at 185 lbs Getting back into regular lifting after some time off. 

Posted Images

1 hour walk the dogs (with hills) 3 miles

1 set each, done as a circuit (about 12 minutes):

12 push ups

16 lunges to each leg

30 squats 40 lbs

15 dumbbell bent over rows 25 lbs each arm

15 dumbbell shoulder press 20 lbs each arm

12 dumbbell curls 20 lbs each arm

15 tricep extensions 25 lbs

20 minutes of yoga/stretching

20 minute walk the dogs 1 mile

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does anybody know what causes muscle fatigue? I was tracking along nicely with my workout, adding weight weekley and the workouts getting asked each time. But yesterday I went to workout and just couldn't do it. Stopped because It was late. Today it's a little better but they are a lot harder than they have been? Lack of protein? Carbs?

Does anybody know what causes muscle fatigue? I was tracking along nicely with my workout, adding weight weekley and the workouts getting asked each time. But yesterday I went to workout and just couldn't do it. Stopped because It was late. Today it's a little better but they are a lot harder than they have been? Lack of protein? Carbs?

Sounds like a good time for a rest.

Personally, I've never been able to add weight weekly, I eventually hit a wall.  (I'm a very slow gainer though).

Sounds like a good time for a rest. Personally, I've never been able to add weight weekly, I eventually hit a wall.  (I'm a very slow gainer though).

I figured it out. My hockey team started so I tried to reorganize the days I do workouts but didn't like it, so I reorganized it again. I also had to make up an upper body day I missed so I ended up doing 4 days is a row of upper body. And my plan was to add weight every month but after a few days they were just too easy

Back to my usual workout, little of everything. Back because I was not working out due to an ankle problem in my subtalar joint cartilage from an old injury. Now wearing a brace, but hitting the gym nevertheless. Also riding my bicycle as much as possible.

1 hour walk the dogs (with hills) 3 miles

1 set each, done as a circuit (about 12 minutes):

12 push ups

16 lunges to each leg

30 squats 40 lbs

15 dumbbell bent over rows 25 lbs each arm

15 dumbbell shoulder press 20 lbs each arm

12 dumbbell curls 20 lbs each arm

15 tricep extensions 25 lbs

20 minutes of yoga/stretching

20 minute walk the dogs 1 mile

30 minutes on the exercise bike

Just got back into lifting, as I put a makeshift home gym in the basement. Need to be able to outdrive @saevel25 more than once next year. :-P

Workout last night was an easy legs day (Haven't lifted in 18 months, didn't wanna go too hard)

Just 4 sets of squats, 185x10, and a set of lunges. Then called it quits since I wanna be able to walk...didn't work, still rubbery lol

Cardio + Upper Body

3 minute fast walk to warm up

1 minute on at 8 mph 1 minute walk (4x)

30 seconds on at 9.2 mph 30 seconds off (10x)

3 minute cool down walk

3 sets of pushups (regular, diamond, feet elevated)

3 sets of shoulder presses (10 reps, 30 lbs)

3 sets of Lat Pull downs (10 reps, 100 lbs)

Just finished Stonglifts 5x5:

Squat - 130lbs

Overhead Press - 75lbs

Deadlift - 175lbs

I did that program for about 2-3 months a couple years ago. Great strength/muscle building program. I think at the end my deads were up to about 350...if I tried that now, I'd probably drop a nut...