IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

I did that program for about 2-3 months a couple years ago. Great strength/muscle building program. I think at the end my deads were up to about 350...if I tried that now, I'd probably drop a nut...

About 7 weeks in and I am really starting to see gains now.  Started from never having lifted.

Curious, why did you stop the program?  Are you finding more success with something else?  I am gathering info so I can plan what I'll do after I finish 5x5, they have some add-on programs called 3x5, etc.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

About 7 weeks in and I am really starting to see gains now.  Started from never having lifted.

Curious, why did you stop the program?  Are you finding more success with something else?  I am gathering info so I can plan what I'll do after I finish 5x5, they have some add-on programs called 3x5, etc.

It's a great muscle building program, but if you want to focus on specific areas, it falls flat. As a beginner, stick with it for a while, and once you get closer to the size/strength that you're looking for, then you can change your routine to focus on more specific muscles. It really covers all of the important lifts, and even if you eventually move onto another workout schedule, you'll still be utilizing them.

You may notice that after you get closer to your goal, maybe your chest, back, shoulders, triceps or some other area isn't where it needs to be...that's the time to change the program.

It's a great muscle building program, but if you want to focus on specific areas, it falls flat. As a beginner, stick with it for a while, and once you get closer to the size/strength that you're looking for, then you can change your routine to focus on more specific muscles. It really covers all of the important lifts, and even if you eventually move onto another workout schedule, you'll still be utilizing them.

You may notice that after you get closer to your goal, maybe your chest, back, shoulders, triceps or some other area isn't where it needs to be...that's the time to change the program.

Good thoughts, thanks.  Thinking I will stick with it until I am no longer able to add weight, then I will start to mix things up.

Back today....

Probably 8 sets of pullups, different variations, 4 sets of heavy deadlifts, and then I'll finish it off with some curls.

Did this, except the curls.

Went semi-light on the deads, 205 lbs for 8-10 reps...4 sets. Feeling goooood today haha. My abs...oh God the burn heh

Chest/Triceps tonight. The best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Is that your 1 rep max, or is that for reps?

Yep, 1 rep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

I never heard that euphemism before.

Afternoon delight!

LOL

Not really though, wife is in Boston, that's why I'm on dog walking duty.

Your wife came here in a Nor'easter?  Maybe she can take some rain back with her to SoCal.

Hit chest/shoulders/tris yesterday

4 sets Bench Press 155x8

4 sets Dumbbell Flys 35x8

4 sets incline dumbbell press 45x8

4 sets shoulder raises 40x8

4 sets lateral raises 10x8

4 sets skullcrushers 45 lbs

4 sets of pushups

Tonight, I do all the squats. All of them. Don't plan on walking normally this weekend.

6x5 Sumo Deadlifts

6x3 Deadlifts

7x3 Pullups

20 Hanging leg raises

Your wife came here in a Nor'easter?  Maybe she can take some rain back with her to SoCal.

Hope so, I'm ready for some cooler weather.

Tonight, I do all the squats. All of them. Don't plan on walking normally this weekend.

Ha, I had a big squat day Monday and yesterday was my most sore day. Looked like a weirdo getting in and out of my car.

3 x 20 single leg extensions 30 lbs. (each leg)

3 x 20 cross leg lunges body weight

3 x 20 11 lb medicine ball slams - superset

3 x 20 bridges

3 x 30 orange whip swings

3 x 15 hip adductor 160 lbs

3 x 15 hip abductor 160 lbs

Protein drink.