IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Video or it didn't happen. 121 lbs and AVERAGING 290 yards I would say is close to impossible.

Oh man, one of you people.

I've had pro's tell me on multiple occasions that I am by far the longest driver pound for pound they have ever seen. As for my irons.. well they are below average length.

But why make this about length, i only care about draining my putts.

FYI: This is in Australia. We are in a drought, the fairways are dry. They probably run 10-15 yards further. Now lets get our knickers out of a twist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Video or it didn't happen. 121 lbs and AVERAGING 290 yards I would say is close to impossible.

I've had pro's tell me on multiple occasions that I am by far the longest driver pound for pound they have ever seen. As for my irons.. well they are below average length.

FYI: This is in Australia. We are in a drought, the fairways are dry. They probably run 10-15 yards further. Now lets get our knickers out of a twist.

@logman 0 without using his wrists.

:-P

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"Why make this about length"

Erm...you did when you decided to bring up being 120 lbs hitting it an average of 290 yards. :-P

No knickers in a twist here...it would just be intriguing, to say the least.

Back on topic, what's your routine like? What's leg day consist of? Lately I've just been squatting and calling it a day...only problem with having just free weights and hating lunges. :beer:

I only have free weights as well with a bench (with leg extension).

Warm up with 3 x 5rep 75% deadlifts.

5 x 1 Maximum deadlift - Adding in 10 calf raises on each one.

5 x 10 50% squats (purely because i dont have a squat rack)

Then maximum weight leg extensions until my legs fall off.

I can't do lunges due to chronic patella tendonitis.. the knee doctor prescribed me this workout 6 months ago and its been getting stronger in leaps and bounds. My leg muscles were that weak i couldnt even deadlift 40kgs..now im up to 95. I wear a patella strap the entire time.

Chest and Shoulders today

All moderate weight higher reps

4 sets bench press

4 sets dumbbell military press

4 sets decline dumbbell press

4 sets shoulder/trap raises

4 sets incline dumbbell press

4 sets upright dumbbell row

4 sets pushups

4 sets bent over rear delt dumbbell raises

4 sets rotator cuff raises

#dead

Did some form practice today with my deadlifts in my garage. Was recommended I get some Oly shoes and deadlift socks so I was trying those out as well. Shoes felt great on the front squats, didn't really notice much difference with the deadlifts.

Here's the routine/cues I worked on.

- Bar cuts my foot in half. Bar covers where I tie my shoes.

- Grip the bar without lowering my butt.

- Breath in through the nose and have the shins touch the bar.

- Chest up and push the ground away from me.

For me I really have to exaggerate the chest up part, helps me get my back neutral and keep it neutral throughout the pull. Video below was 205lb, pretty good bar path.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Here's the routine/cues I worked on.

- Bar cuts my foot in half. Bar covers where I tie my shoes.

- Grip the bar without lowering my butt.

- Breath in through the nose and have the shins touch the bar.

- Chest up and push the ground away from me.

Great looking form! Kept the hips high with the knees bent, nice.

5x5

Squat 190lbs

OH Press 90lbs

Deadlift 1x5 235lbs

I feel myself getting awfully close to a ceiling on the 5x5 squats.  I may have to switch to 3x5 in the next week or two.  My goal is a 1.5x bodyweight squat (225lbs).

5x5

Squat 190lbs

OH Press 90lbs

Deadlift 1x5 235lbs

I feel myself getting awfully close to a ceiling on the 5x5 squats.  I may have to switch to 3x5 in the next week or two.  My goal is a 1.5x bodyweight squat (225lbs).

Squats are the first to hit that ceiling a lot of the time. That and the OHP.

More pullups and deadlifts tonight. Good times.

Great looking form! Kept the hips high with the knees bent, nice.

Thanks. Read/watched some great stuff from Mark Rippetoe, you can watch some videos of him on youtube.

For today:

6 sets of bench press

6 sets of pull ups

5 sets of cleans

5 sets of overhead squats

Kettlebell class

Starting soon I'm going to start eating more calories and lifting heavier and more often for 3 months then diet for about a month. Long term I want to see if I can "bulk" for 8-9 months out of the year.

Going to start back with Wendler 531. Did it for almost three years until I tweeked my shoulder. I am going to leave out the overhead press. That and too much pushing

and not enough assistance pulling is what set up shoulder for injury.

I tested my 1RM for the lifts. Deadlift 220, Bench 145, and Squat 170.

Decided to follow Mike's lead and film some deads tonight. Form...not great (was better with lighter weights...shocking :-P ).

Typically this is the weight I'd put my belt on for, but that's out of commission until I get my new one. With the belt it's no problem, but without, back is rounding too much...not a dangerous amount, but more than I'd like. A good sign that I need to get my abs/core to catch up with my legs/back.

(Tried not to grunt since I was filming...wasn't gonna happen lol)

Decided to follow Mike's lead and film some deads tonight. Form...not great (was better with lighter weights...shocking ).

Typically this is the weight I'd put my belt on for, but that's out of commission until I get my new one. With the belt it's no problem, but without, back is rounding too much...not a dangerous amount, but more than I'd like. A good sign that I need to get my abs/core to catch up with my legs/back.

(Tried not to grunt since I was filming...wasn't gonna happen lol)

Nice pull! Like your gym setup there too.

Starting soon I'm going to start eating more calories and lifting heavier and more often for 3 months then diet for about a month. Long term I want to see if I can "bulk" for 8-9 months out of the year.

I am new to weightlifting (11 weeks in) and I have been eating extra cals to "bulk" but I am also putting on some belly fat as a result.  I don't really care for it that much.  I have been researching other alternatives to true "bulking".  I'll interested to see how yours turns out.