IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Warmed up with deadlift, 5 reps at 135, then  1 rep at 225, then went for a new PR. Failed 3 times at 305 but was able to pull 285, 10lbs more than my last PR.

Then 5x5 power cleans at 115

5x10 bent over rows 115

Crazy 8's, 65lbs

20 presses 115

Getting 300+ up the first time is tough. You'll get it soon enough.

Thinking I finally feel good enough to lift seriously today. I'm gonna try to ease back in and see how I feel.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My trips to the gym have been fairly consistent over the past few weeks. I've been applying an essential oil to my sore knees and lower back to alleviate pain. It's definitely helping me increase my gym frequency.

- Shane

Getting 300+ up the first time is tough. You'll get it soon enough.

Thinking I finally feel good enough to lift seriously today. I'm gonna try to ease back in and see how I feel.

Thanks will be giving it another try in about a month. Just going to keep working on good technique and having my "average" sets be a little heavier. More 5x5's in the 225lb range and more sets in the 250-260 range.

Good luck!

Today's workout

Bench at various weights.

Overhead squats, s natches, and j erks. Started with just the bar and added 20-25lbs.

Kettlebell class

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks will be giving it another try in about a month. Just going to keep working on good technique and having my "average" sets be a little heavier. More 5x5's in the 225lb range and more sets in the 250-260 range.

Good luck!

Today's workout

Bench at various weights.

Overhead squats, snatches, and jerks. Started with just the bar and added 20-25lbs.

Kettlebell class

Yeah, it'll come. I should be good tonight...have my 2nd chiro appt to go over x-rays tonight...but feeling better after the first appt saturday morning. I'm still not 100% on chiropractors...but I'll give him a fair shake for about a month and see how it goes.

Ryan M

It was a partly a barometer on how much weight I should use.  I labeled each rep as either Easy (E)/Medium (M)/Hard (H)//Holy Hard (HH)

Bent-Over Dumbbell Rows - 30 pounds-3 sets-12 reps-M-H-HH

I feel the Bent over Dumbbell Rows was a good weight.  It started off a bit difficult but nothing I couldn't handle and by the end, it was hard to finish the set but got there.

Upright Rows - 20 pounds (each bar)-3 sets-12 reps-E-M-H

Initially I felt this one would be more difficult than I imagined but it didn't turn out that way.  By the third set, I was doing ok.  I can probably put on 5 more pounds on each dumbbell.

Dumbbell curls - 15 pounds-3 sets-8 reps-H-H-HH

This, on the other hand was tough.  I barely finished each set with my right arm.  I had to help my left arm finish the first set and the ones thereafter.  I have spaghetti arms so I'm not surprised.  I think I'll probably try and do 10 pounds next time and build up to 15.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

I track what I eat using My Fitness Pal. You can add or search for foods on there and it'll include the macronutrients.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

I've started using livestrong.com

myfitnesspal is better so started using that.

According to the site, from what I inputted:

lol @ the Big Macs comment.

Thing is, you can eat whatever you want as long as you hit your target macros (carbs, fat, protein). I ate Wendy's the other day and still met my goals.

1,500 for someone over 200 lbs is probably extreme. At 165 I'm cutting weight at 1,800 calories...so I wouldn't keep it that extreme for a long period of time at least.

As far as what percentage it should be, it depends on your goals. While you're trying to become more athletic and minimize muscle loss while losing fat, I'd aim for about a gram of protein per lb of lean muscle. So let's say you're 30% body fat at 275 lbs (Just guessing here, I have no clue)...

275 - (.3)(275) = 192.5 g of protein a day. Which is 770 calories on its own. With that, I would aim for around 1900-2000 calories a day.

Broken down: 192.5 g protein (770 calories), 75 g fat (675 calories), 120 g carbs (480 calories).

As far as what is going into your body, the best way is to use a tracker, like MyFitnessPal, where you can log everything you eat.

This applies to me also.  Looking at this, I'm getting nowhere near enough protein (or calories).  Maybe I should start drinking one of those shakes like this to get more protein in me:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

ON is the best whey for the money IMO. Been using it for a long time now.
Ryan M

Pecs and delts Warmed up on the fly machine before starting. Hammer strength Military press 4 sets Hammer strength incline 4 sets Smith machine bench 4 sets Anterior delt raises 4 sets Lateral delt raises 4 sets
  • Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

ON is the best whey for the money IMO. Been using it for a long time now.

Yeah, it's what my gf's brother in law uses and he's pretty fit so figure it's worth trying.

How many do you drink a day?

Christian

Yeah, it's what my gf's brother in law uses and he's pretty fit so figure it's worth trying.

It isn't the best tasting, but it's not bad. And the macro ratio is one of the best. The better tasting ones are loaded with fat and carbs.

As little as I can. I have my protein goal for the day, and if I can hit it with just food, no need for the protein. But I've had as many as 3-4 a day when my diet isn't on point. I eat a lot of chicken and egg whites, so there are plenty of times where I hit 160 g protein without any powder.

Finally worked out again yesterday. Very light back day, lot of pullups, lot of rack chins, and some very light (30 lbs each hand) bent over dumbbell rows. Threw in some curls at the end just to finish off the biceps.

Concentrated very hard on proper form and breathing, and I'm a little tight today, but overall I feel pretty good. Going to continue to ease back in.

Ryan M

This applies to me also.  Looking at this, I'm getting nowhere near enough protein (or calories).  Maybe I should start drinking one of those shakes like this to get more protein in me:

Eat more meat!

Mike McLoughlin

I try to stay away from protein powder as much as possible. If I do buy the stuff I get one with as little ingredients as possible, and I would try to find out as much as possible the process by which they get their protein and how it is turned into powder.

Testing has shown that the quality and purity of those powders are not nearly as good as they should be. A lot of them have some harmful substances in them.

In the end, I say just get protein from meat.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I used to drink a lot of protein but I get to stick to food with the fasting diet. I don't eat a lot of meals so I like to enjoy REAL food ;)... So much better than the past diets of worrying about eating enough or having food with me.

BTW @RFKFREAK this is the kind of protein powder I use, was recommended by the guy that owns the kettlebell gym I go to. It's got high quality stuff, low carb and tastes pretty good. One bottle is a little expensive but every few months or so they have a sale and that's when I'll buy 6 bottles at a time, comes out to $25 a bottle. They just send me emails.

http://www.biotrust.com/Shop.asp?p=LowCarb

I average about one shake every couple days. I keep it simple, blend it with strawberries, Stevia and water.

Mike McLoughlin

BTW @RFKFREAK this is the kind of protein powder I use, was recommended by the guy that owns the kettlebell gym I go to. It's got high quality stuff, low carb and tastes pretty good. One bottle is a little expensive but every few months or so they have a sale and that's when I'll buy 6 bottles at a time, comes out to $25 a bottle. They just send me emails.

I average about one shake every couple days. I keep it simple, blend it with strawberries, Stevia and water.

When I used protein, this is a great one @mvmac . The vanilla is amazing. They used to have it in strawberry too but it doesn't look like they make it anymore. Chocolate was good too. Pre-flavored with stevia ;)

http://supplementnaturals.com/supplements/power-whey-stack-6lb/

I try to stay away from protein powder as much as possible. If I do buy the stuff I get one with as little ingredients as possible, and I would try to find out as much as possible the process by which they get their protein and how it is turned into powder.

Testing has shown that the quality and purity of those powders are not nearly as good as they should be. A lot of them have some harmful substances in them.

In the end, I say just get protein from meat.

Agree, and then there are the substances that haven't been determined as harmful yet.

If someone is in their 20s and use these powders for a couple months, then it might be okay to experiment a little bit. If anyone is serious about bulking up then lean meat and egg white pasta are good ways to get "quality" calories.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Today I am biking with my Siberian Husky!  I have a "Walky Dog" attachment for my bike that allows my dog to run beside me as I bike.  Very fun!

Broken down: 192.5 g protein (770 calories), 75 g fat (675 calories), 120 g carbs (480 calories).

Eat more meat!

I used to drink a lot of protein but I get to stick to food with the fasting diet. I don't eat a lot of meals so I like to enjoy REAL food ;)... So much better than the past diets of worrying about eating enough or having food with me.

Wow, eating lots of protein is tough.  I had a ham and egg sandwich on an english muffin this morning and a grilled chicken salad for lunch and I'm only at 22 grams of protein.

It isn't the best tasting, but it's not bad. And the macro ratio is one of the best. The better tasting ones are loaded with fat and carbs.

As little as I can. I have my protein goal for the day, and if I can hit it with just food, no need for the protein. But I've had as many as 3-4 a day when my diet isn't on point. I eat a lot of chicken and egg whites, so there are plenty of times where I hit 160 g protein without any powder.

Finally worked out again yesterday. Very light back day, lot of pullups, lot of rack chins, and some very light (30 lbs each hand) bent over dumbbell rows. Threw in some curls at the end just to finish off the biceps.

Concentrated very hard on proper form and breathing, and I'm a little tight today, but overall I feel pretty good. Going to continue to ease back in.

My impression is 2 egg whites is around 10g of protein so you must eat a lot of chicken!  Haha.

Congratz on getting back on the ball.  After day 1 I'm sore!

BTW @RFKFREAK this is the kind of protein powder I use, was recommended by the guy that owns the kettlebell gym I go to. It's got high quality stuff, low carb and tastes pretty good. One bottle is a little expensive but every few months or so they have a sale and that's when I'll buy 6 bottles at a time, comes out to $25 a bottle. They just send me emails.

How long does a bottle last you because at this point, I'd probably have to drink two or three shakes a day to get enough protein in me.

Christian

Wow, eating lots of protein is tough.  I had a ham and egg sandwich on an english muffin this morning and a grilled chicken salad for lunch and I'm only at 22 grams of protein.

Cut out the extra carbohydrates, and eat more meats and salad. Eat fruits that are contain a minimal amount of carbohydrates while still containing lots of vitamins.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/whatfruit.htm

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano