IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Fine if you want to be ignorant to our scientific proof and webpages to help you understand the way the metabolism actually works in the body but it IS the way it really works and not repeated erroneous information.

http://www.leangains.com/2011/04/critique-of-issn-position-stand-on-meal.html

C'mon man, let's not be ridiculous. You guys could absolutely be right, so could the studies. But don't call me ignorant and then refer to those links as scientific proof...that's an ignorant statement, as scientific evidence and/or studies do not equal proof.

It's scientifically "believed" that the body does not store protein...which would mean you can only utilize so much at a time for your muscle repair and building needs, and the rest would go to waste...not just sit around and slowly release when you need it.

" A study published in the "Journal of the American Dietetic Association" in 2009 found that 30 grams of protein maximally stimulated muscle protein synthesis, the process by which muscles grow and repair. A serving greater than 30 grams offered no additional benefit."

Now, I would never say that's scientific proof. because it isn't.

Anyway, agree to disagree. Back to the subject at hand...

EDIT: And Arnold/Zane were not on HGH. Anabolic Steroids? Sure...but if I'm not mistaken, synthetic HGH wasn't even around in the early 70's.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A really good website, http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/excess-protein-and-fat-storage-qa/

C'mon man, let's not be ridiculous. You guys could absolutely be right, so could the studies. But don't call me ignorant and then refer to those links as scientific proof...that's an ignorant statement, as scientific evidence and/or studies do not equal proof.

It's scientifically "believed" that the body does not store protein...which would mean you can only utilize so much at a time for your muscle repair and building needs, and the rest would go to waste...not just sit around and slowly release when you need it.

"A study published in the "Journal of the American Dietetic Association" in 2009 found that 30 grams of protein maximally stimulated muscle protein synthesis, the process by which muscles grow and repair. A serving greater than 30 grams offered no additional benefit."

Now, I would never say that's scientific proof. because it isn't.

Anyway, agree to disagree. Back to the subject at hand...

EDIT: And Arnold/Zane were not on HGH. Anabolic Steroids? Sure...but if I'm not mistaken, synthetic HGH wasn't even around in the early 70's.

My question is though, do you only need one meal with 30 grams or is their a max per day that optimizes as well? The one thing they don't try to isolate is total protein per day. Maybe eating one large meal can still get you close, and maybe the gains between spreading out protein over smaller meals is not really that big.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

C'mon man, let's not be ridiculous. You guys could absolutely be right, so could the studies. But don't call me ignorant and then refer to those links as scientific proof...that's an ignorant statement, as scientific evidence and/or studies do not equal proof. It's scientifically "believed" that the body does not store protein...which would mean you can only utilize so much at a time for your muscle repair and building needs, and the rest would go to waste...not just sit around and slowly release when you need it. "[COLOR=373737]A study published in the "Journal of the American Dietetic Association" in 2009 found that 30 grams of protein maximally stimulated muscle protein synthesis, the process by which muscles grow and repair. A serving greater than 30 grams offered no additional benefit."[/COLOR] Now, I would never say that's scientific proof. because it isn't. Anyway, agree to disagree. Back to the subject at hand... EDIT: And Arnold/Zane were not on HGH. Anabolic Steroids? Sure...but if I'm not mistaken, synthetic HGH wasn't even around in the early 70's.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I get it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I get it.

" Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. Facts are that you can decide how often you want to go and there is nothing wrong with multiple adjustments, no damage occurs with proper technique."

There are multiple scientific studies, and a ton of evidence showing that this statement is in fact, false. Yet...you argue it despite this (in your words) scientific proof (While calling someone a liar).

Can you explain why it's ok for you to argue against this, but when I argue against your scientific studies, I'm somehow ignorant, and should be ignored?

Just curious as to how your thoughts and opinions are more relevant than mine...

Ryan M

"[COLOR=181818]Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. Facts are that you can decide how often you want to go and there is nothing wrong with multiple adjustments, no damage occurs with proper technique."[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]There are multiple scientific studies, and a ton of evidence showing that this statement is in fact, false. Yet...you argue it despite this (in your words) scientific proof (While calling someone a liar). [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Can you explain why it's ok for you to argue against this, but when I argue against your scientific studies, I'm somehow ignorant, and should be ignored?[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Just curious as to how your thoughts and opinions are more relevant than mine... [/COLOR]

I am not sure what you are saying but you quote your college roommate for your reference when I was talking on that previous subject. If you can provide scientific proof for any of your statements or direct unbiased studies I'll be glad to consider them.

I am not sure what you are saying but you quote your college roommate for your reference when I was talking on that previous subject. If you can provide scientific proof for any of your statements or direct unbiased studies I'll be glad to consider them.

I'll have to look again. But when researching chiropractic adjustments, I found multiple studies that chiropractic neck adjustments (even when performed properly) can cause tears in an artery wall, leading to strokes. I went anyway, since it seemed to affect middle aged people more.

Didn't mean to sound like a dick before, I just don't understand where these kinds of posts were coming from, maybe I'm just interpreting the text wrong...it happens Either way, this is supposed to be a fun, light hearted thread, and helpful thread so I'll just drop any argument here. Agree to disagree. :beer:

EDIT: And I didn't mention my roommate on that issue, but the "lifetime plan" issue (or story).

Ryan M

I'll have to look again. But when researching chiropractic adjustments, I found multiple studies that chiropractic neck adjustments (even when performed properly) can cause tears in an artery wall, leading to strokes. I went anyway, since it seemed to affect middle aged people more.  Didn't mean to sound like a dick before, I just don't understand where these kinds of posts were coming from, maybe I'm just interpreting the text wrong...it happens Either way, this is supposed to be a fun, light hearted thread, and helpful thread so I'll just drop any argument here. Agree to disagree. :beer: EDIT: And I didn't mention my roommate on that issue, but the "lifetime plan" issue (or story).

Stroke from a chiropractic adjustment is put out there as a possibility however I have never seen any proof that someone actually has ever had one from it and I have looked for years. Only hearsay or fraudulent lawsuits. If you find a legitimate case I would love to see it. Many statements of "over treatment" were made by medical doctors to dissuade people from using chiropractic. One of the chiropractic associations sued the AMA and won for disseminating false information about the profession. We can agree to disagree. I do understand the fasting diets are difficult to accept because of what we are brought up to believe. If anyone else is interested in it, here is an article addressing myths of fasting. [URL]http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html[/URL]

Man, just found out an old co-worker of mine died of a heart attack last night. 31 years old...I used to work out with him during lunch all the time. The dude was in phenomenal shape...could see his abs through his shirt. Shocking...
Ryan M

• Administrator

Let's stick to the topic please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Let's stick to the topic please.

Thought it was relevant to the thread, since we worked out together and he was in great shape...

Ryan M

• Administrator

Thought it was relevant to the thread, since we worked out together and he was in great shape...

I wasn't talking about that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I wasn't talking about that.

Ah ok that makes more sense lol Had me a push day today. Bench press, dips, upright rows, and dumbbell shoulder presses. Kept everything relatively light...still trying to take it easy between the back/neck/throat/fever...etc. falling apart over here lol

Ryan M

5x5 Deadlifts 205lbs

Working on feeling more weight on my heels and keeping my chest up, especially right before the pull.

Man, just found out an old co-worker of mine died of a heart attack last night. 31 years old...I used to work out with him during lunch all the time. The dude was in phenomenal shape...could see his abs through his shirt. Shocking...

Crazy stuff, sorry to hear about that.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

5x5 Deadlifts 205lbs

Working on feeling more weight on my heels and keeping my chest up, especially right before the pull.

Crazy stuff, sorry to hear about that.

Good form.  Bar travelling in a straight path up and down.

Today's workout:

Squat

115x10x4 with 30 second rest btwn sets

Chin-Ups

13,4,3 with 30 second rest btwn sets

OH Press

95x5

95x4

95x3

Stationary bike sprints

30 sec x 5 with 30 sec rest btwn

It was intense and efficient, felt great.

- Mark

Mike, I don't even recognize you in that video.

Ryan M

Good form.  Bar travelling in a straight path up and down.

Thanks. Last month I was doing form practice at 135lbs, now I'm doing it at 205lb, so def getting stronger and like the way it's feeling.

Mike, I don't even recognize you in that video.

Tracking macros and lifting heavy stuff, does wonders B-)

Mike McLoughlin

Tracking macros and lifting heavy stuff, does wonders

It definitely does!

Ryan M

5x5 clean and press 115

10x5 back squat at 135

5x5 clean and press 95

100 gke

50 push ups

First time I've filmed myself squatting, this was the 5th set.

Mike McLoughlin