IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

I currently lift weights three times a week. I've been trying to include some squats and deadlifts again, but my lower back isn't too happy with it. I'll do something else for legs for now and get an appointment with a PT at the centre to see if they got any useful input.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Afternoon Activity:

60 minutes of cycling at an easy pace. 

Just finished two hours of work related paperwork.

13 minutes ago, allenc said:

I've been throwing around a kettle bell for about a half hour every couple days for a pretty nice workout.  Simple stuff like cleans, overhead presses, and squats.  I look up some new moves every once in awhile.  Nice core, cardio, and full body workout.

Nice workout

• 1 month later...

Rode 60 miles.

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 4.37.16 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

July 7

AM workout

45 minutes indoor spinning intervals

Resistance bands circuit training 3x15

Afternoon 

30 minutes indoor spinning intervals as a warm up for golf

18 holes of Par 3 golf

20 minutes indoor spinning cool down after playing golf.

• Upvote 1

Played tennis with my brother at a pretty high intensity for around an hour or so. Then after some cleaning did some core work and calisthenics followed by a 40 minute stretch session then some foam rolling.

• Like 1

AM workout: Watching the Tour de France

45 minutes indoor spinning intervals

resistance bands strength training 3x15

PM workout: 5:00 PM

30 minutes elliptical machine intervals

Circuit weight training machines 2x12

15 minutes treadmill walk run intervals. 

Tried for 75 miles, got out late, neighbor talked ear off, finally got out, flat at mile 50, forgot to eat along the way, bonked, probably 8 miles short, didn't record whole ride on gps, privacy and all that. Based on the little riding that I actually do, if almost 70 miles is doable forgetting to eat halfway, may be possible to do that century in the fall. Just need to remember to take in those calories at mile 30, 40.

Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 8.47.07 AM.png

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

70 minutes indoor spinning intervals

circuit weight training machines 2x10

1 hour 20 bike ride in the early evening. Did 8 sets of 1 min intervals in between ride. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love reading back to the end of 2014 ITT when @Slice of Life, @mvmac, and others were helping me get started with fitness.

Injured my lower back earlier this year but the last 2.5 years I've been committed to lifting weights and my diet (last 6 months of 2015 I gained back pretty much all the weight I had lost in the beginning of that year).  That said, after getting down to a little over 185 in January of this year, I spent 6 months in a caloric surplus and now back to cutting (at 206 presently) but while in the surplus I hit some nice marks for my working weight from where I started. 

• Bench: 185 
  • Squat: 260
  • Overhead Press: 115
  • Deadlift: 335

Anyway, onward and upward! 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

5 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I love reading back to the end of 2014 ITT when @Slice of Life, @mvmac, and others were helping me get started with fitness.

Injured my lower back earlier this year but the last 2.5 years I've been committed to lifting weights and my diet (last 6 months of 2015 I gained back pretty much all the weight I had lost in the beginning of that year).  That said, after getting down to a little over 185 in January of this year, I spent 6 months in a caloric surplus and now back to cutting (at 206 presently) but while in the surplus I hit some nice marks for my working weight from where I started. 

Maybe your back is trying to tell you something

7 minutes ago, JCrane said:

Maybe your back is trying to tell you something

Which was why I went to a sports doctor, got a diagnosis, am doing physical therapy to treat the condition, and following doctor's orders which didn't include to stop lifting.

Christian

On 8/3/2018 at 1:19 PM, RFKFREAK said:

Those numbers look awesome! 

Great progress over the past couple/few years. Are those 1RM numbers or for reps?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

4 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Those numbers look awesome! 

Great progress over the past couple/few years. Are those 1RM numbers or for reps?

Reps. I primarily do 3 sets in the 4-6 rep range.

Christian

8 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Reps. I primarily do 3 sets in the 4-6 rep range.

Not bad! You might pass me up soon lol

After a long lifting hiatus, I'm back. But no strength gains, because I had too much fat to lose. Did get 225 up for a relatively easy rep today. But probably wouldn't have gotten a 2nd one up haha

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

10 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Not bad! You might pass me up soon lol

After a long lifting hiatus, I'm back. But no strength gains, because I had too much fat to lose. Did get 225 up for a relatively easy rep today. But probably wouldn't have gotten a 2nd one up haha

Thanks!  Dare to dream. ;-)

Yeah, I have an uneven end to my bulk where I had my mom and uncle visit me for my graduation from grad school and staying with me for five weeks which entailed a lot of eating out which, when combined with a crazy work schedule put me between 22%-25% body fat at which point I began my cut on July 1st which, overall nutrition-wise, this weekend notwithstanding, has gone very well as I'm down roughly 10 pounds over those 5 weeks.

Christian

5:00 am morning workout

40 minutes elliptical machine intervals

Resistance band strength training 3x15 green.

PM workout

30 minutes treadmill walk run intervals.