IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

I just lift weights pretty much daily. Do small splits. My typical week is sun chest, mon biceps, tues tris, wed legs, thurs chest and fri back. I’m 5’10” and weigh 230. Have benched over 300 at one point but I’m more like 275-285 right now. Have seen some great strides in my golf game over the years since I’ve been big into strength training. Only problem is that with the mass I’ve had to make my golf swing a little more compact but I make it work. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/30/2018 at 10:58 AM, Dunit507 said:

I just lift weights pretty much daily. Do small splits. My typical week is sun chest, mon biceps, tues tris, wed legs, thurs chest and fri back. I’m 5’10” and weigh 230. Have benched over 300 at one point but I’m more like 275-285 right now. Have seen some great strides in my golf game over the years since I’ve been big into strength training. Only problem is that with the mass I’ve had to make my golf swing a little more compact but I make it work. 

I've never seen someone devote an entire day to biceps before lol

How long do you normally spend in the gym?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

41 minutes ago, Slice of Life said:

I've never seen someone devote an entire day to biceps before lol

How long do you normally spend in the gym?

The theory is to hit arms when they are fresh. If you do the traditional back/bi or chest/tri you pre exhaust the bi’s or tri’s. If you hit fresh you get more out of them obviously. Take close grip bench. If you do close grip, a great tricep press, after bench you won’t get nearly as much weight pressed as you would if you hit them 1st, on their own day. 

To answer your question tho for bi’s or tris I’m in and out maybe 45 min unless I do some abs or core work. For a normal back or chest day about an hour. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

On 9/2/2018 at 3:28 PM, Dunit507 said:

The theory is to hit arms when they are fresh. If you do the traditional back/bi or chest/tri you pre exhaust the bi’s or tri’s. If you hit fresh you get more out of them obviously. Take close grip bench. If you do close grip, a great tricep press, after bench you won’t get nearly as much weight pressed as you would if you hit them 1st, on their own day. 

To answer your question tho for bi’s or tris I’m in and out maybe 45 min unless I do some abs or core work. For a normal back or chest day about an hour. 

Nice. I'm normally in for an hour or so as well. 

I almost never hit arms...just maybe an additional exercise on chest and back day, but my genetics blessed me with arms that grow faster than everything else (not always a good thing)...so I don't need to lol. I did have to start hitting shoulders twice a week tho for a while to try to get them to catch up. 

Ryan M

Workout for today

AM.........30 minutes indoor spinning intervals. easy

resistance band strength training 2x15

7:30 am.......27 holes of Par 3 golf

PM....40 mins Elliptical machine intervals. easy

I am going to eat dinner and go to bed early. 

On 9/3/2018 at 7:27 PM, kenhockey2 said:

Workout for today

AM.........30 minutes indoor spinning intervals. easy

resistance band strength training 2x15

7:30 am.......27 holes of Par 3 golf

PM....40 mins Elliptical machine intervals. easy

I am going to eat dinner and go to bed early. 

Sounds like a good day! I always say I'm gonna go to bed early. Then 2 AM rolls around, I call myself an idiot...and then roll into bed. Lather rinse repeat lol

Ryan M

16 minutes ago, Slice of Life said:

Sounds like a good day! I always say I'm gonna go to bed early. Then 2 AM rolls around, I call myself an idiot...and then roll into bed. Lather rinse repeat lol

I force myself to go to bed at around 9:30 so I can wake up and be at the gym sometime between 5AM and 6AM.

Deload week this week, btw, so light on the weights and only 3 gym days this week.

• Thumbs Up 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I have symptoms of overtraining. I am using this week for active recovery. No strength training. Just 30 mins of indoor spinning at an active recovery pace three days, and the other three days 30 mins on the elliptical machine at an active recovery pace. Most importantly, getting in bed no later than 9:00 PM for 5 straight days. 

15 minutes ago, kenhockey2 said:

Morning workout

30 minutes indoor spinning. easy

Still recovering from overtraining

Yeah, I experienced some fatigue and in talking with a friend he was like, "when did you last do a deload?"  And it had been over two months so I've only gone to the three times this week and only lifting 50% of my working weight.

Back to regular training on Saturday, though!

• Thumbs Up 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On 9/6/2018 at 9:45 AM, RFKFREAK said:

Yeah, I experienced some fatigue and in talking with a friend he was like, "when did you last do a deload?"  And it had been over two months so I've only gone to the three times this week and only lifting 50% of my working weight.

Back to regular training on Saturday, though!

Deload?  Never heard of it.  I assume it is a stretch of time off.  

OOP.  Just looked it up.  Just had a 3 day one.

Push day yesterday. 

3 sets flat bench, 3 sets leverage incline press, 3 sets leverage decline press, 3 sets machine shoulder press, 3 sets front dumbbell raises, 3 sets dumbbell flyes, 3 sets tricep rope pulldowns. 

Lot of volume. Bench is starting to get stagnant...need to eat more lol

• Like 1
Ryan M

• 2 weeks later...

Back Day. 

Deadlift work up to one all out set

Pendlay Row as above

Neutral grip chins as above

Yates Rows as above

Wide grip chins as above

Barbell shrugs as above

Done

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

30 minutes elliptical machine intervals

Circuit weight training machines 2x12

9 holes of Par 3 golf.

35 minutes indoor spinning intervals. Cooldown after playing golf. This is my post golf routine

Morning workout

60 minutes indoor spinning intervals

circuit weight training free weights 2x12

Evening workout 

30 minutes elliptical machine

30 minutes putting and hitting a small basket of golf balls