iacas

Your Workout Today

2,191 posts / 134515 viewsLast Reply

On 4/23/2019 at 6:52 PM, Typhoon92 said:

At a box...I'm horrible at working out at home.  Been going since 2007.  My wife and son are good about working out at home.  They have all the Beachbody vids...p90x, Body Beast, insanity...

At the gym I push harder with other people in the class, at home, not so much.

I'm the same. Been doing CF for six months and it has changed my workout routine for good. I am in the best shape of my life at 39. Feels good. 

Today was Partner AMRAP 18 minutes

18 Wall Balls

18 Kb Swings

18 Box Jumps 

18 Burpees

Got through 5 Rounds and 48 Reps

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Third time this week I went to the gym, and a squat rack was available this time!  Did squats and the press.  Came home and did medicine ball drill for driver too.  

A few people puked today in the heat with this one.

For time:

10 rounds of "Cindy" ( 5 pull ups, 10 pushups, 15 air squats) 

50 calorie row

30 power cleans

Took me 20:54...I was dying.  Great workout.

33degF outside, wind was light, not snowing, slush/snow/ice mostly clear from the roadway shoulders, so I got outside for a lunchtime walk.

D467E006-AE4E-4D6E-8E27-A4D2831DDCDB.png

Gym where I do my weights workout is now closed until 3/29 as a precaution due to COVID-19. 

Looks like calisthenic workouts for me for the next couple is weeks. 

Confession:  I didn't go to the gym when they briefly reopened in California.  I actually don't have an issue working out in a mask -- I had briefly considered a cloth mouth covering pre-Covid because I think how my face probably looks while benching or squatting looks bad (mouth open, sometimes spittle).  

I did, however, order some adjustable hand weights from WalMart and I have been using them 2-3 times a week.  They have locks and 4x 2.5 lb plates and 4x 7.5 lb weights, so getting them to 20 lbs each is fine -- about where I am on hammer curls and dumbbell press.  I'd probably be trying 22.5 weights for these if I were at a fully equipped gym.  I can also easily reduce them down to 15 lbs for flys and tricep raises, although the 17.5 pound configuration is a little awkward (since it's unbalanced). 

I delayed getting my home gym setup for years, now regretting it.  Still have my $20/month LA Fitness membership (on delay while they're closed in California).

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

When the pandemic hit, I bought a push lawn mower (self propelled).   It gives me the opportunity to get in some walking.  

This is an excellent post. We do not realize that we are training our body all of the time, one way or the other. I always laugh when I see people at the Y looking for that parking spot closest to the entrance and then a half an hour later they emerge wearing jogging pants. One of the things I tell my students is when you walk up stairs grab the railing and just put the ball mount of the foot on the stairs and let the rest hang off. As the heel drops you get  a stretch in the calf muscles. You have to go up the stairs anyway, make it to your benefit !

38 minutes ago, JCrane said:

This is an excellent post. We do not realize that we are training our body all of the time, one way or the other. I always laugh when I see people at the Y looking for that parking spot closest to the entrance and then a half an hour later they emerge wearing jogging pants. One of the things I tell my students is when you walk up stairs grab the railing and just put the ball mount of the foot on the stairs and let the rest hang off. As the heel drops you get  a stretch in the calf muscles. You have to go up the stairs anyway, make it to your benefit !

Back before COVID-19 I would always take the stairs up to my office which is on the 7th floor and which I would walk up and down multiple times sometimes going to different places.

Also try and get at least 6k steps in but don't really prioritize it but do go for hour walks or so when I can and am motivated. 

Morning workout 5:30 am, Sunday, Nov 22

30 mins indoor spinning intervals 

Resistance  band strength  training  3x15 

7:00 am - 9 holes of early bird golf

20 mins indoor spinning  cool down activity. 

PM workout 4:00 PM

15 mins indoor spinning 

Bench press 5x5, 210x5x1