Sign in to follow this  
MiniBlueDragon

Looking like an idiot throughout Movember?

Note: This thread is 3291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

20 posts / 2037 viewsLast Reply

I decided toward the end of this month that I'd donate my face to a good cause, namely raising awareness for men's health and hopefully raising funds for various prostate cancer charities.

Just wondering if there are any fellow mo growers on the forum raising funds?

If you want to see what an idiot I look (only half way through the month!) - http://mobro.co/minibluedragon

I too am doing it, and I am my teams captain this year :)

http://mobro.co/micah

Im going to hit you up though, your tache is connected to your sidies which means its a beard.  Disconnect it please.

I thought that to be the case too based on the "rules", however the Movember booklet sent out by the organisers disagrees and says it's perfectly fine:

photo.JPG

I would suggest mutton chops are a separate entity, there are other phrases around which discribe the tache slightly differently, it says accomodate rather than meet on other articles.  Serious business!

Consider the implicit wording of the rules which seem to forbid the joining:

particularly rule 3...

Dont worry mate im just busting your chops, its for a good cause and far too many people blow out.

http://uk.movember.com/news/view/id/2218/category/local/

http://uk.movember.com/uploads/images/News/2011%20General/Movember_Rules.jpg

Movember_Rules.jpg

heh yeah exactly the reason I first decided to go for a "Hulkster" moustache but then when they sent out posters, cards and a booklet saying I could go for a "Rascal" look I decided it was even crazier and I'd go for that. Still as you say it's all for charity and awareness so no great shakes either way.

Congrats on the amount you've raised so far by the way! Alas all my friends and family are tight.

I shaved for the first time yesterday. It was pathetic. ;-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

I shaved for the first time yesterday. It was pathetic.

My razor is calling my name as well. I think I'm gonna cave tomorrow morning.

Don't bottle out!  Its a little facial hair for another 2 weeks!  I can't understand the thought process to get rid of it once you started it...  Hell I even have to wear a beard snood at work some times and thats a pain.

Don't bottle out! Its a little facial hair for another 2 weeks! I can't understand the thought process to get rid of it once you started it...  Hell I even have to wear a beard snood at work some times and thats a pain.

That was the problem. It was a little facial hair. I looked ridiculous.

Whelp...I'm calling it a month. I'm hacking everything off in a couple minutes.

Do it! You won't look back. :-D

Well, Movember's over. For some reason this thing made me feel like saying: "Hey Baby. How you doin'?" Which I don't normally say a whole lot.

5ce3a7ce.jpg

Note: This thread is 3291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!