IGNORED

Best club throwing, breaking, or angry outbursts you have seen or done

Pope33
Note: This thread is 3450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got pissed a few months ago and played a 210 yard par 3 with a walnut after hitting two balls into someone's yard because I felt like I couldn't get set up properly on the ridiculous tee box setup. Yes. I wonder why my partner and I were 'followed' for the rest of the round by various staff members.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Same guy, 3 stories.

1.  Pissed he 3 putted.  Took a whack at the ball on the fringe with his putter and hit another guy right on the shin standing 10 feet away.

2.  Pissed about a bad drive.  He thew hit putter behind him and the shaft snaps on a tree.

3.  Pissed about another bad drive (different day).  Throws his driver behind him again and hits a guy right in the gut with the head.

First off, I'll openly admit that my temper gets the better of me. It's something I am always fighting against.

I don't like getting pissed off and throwing my clubs etc, but I'm working on it....

Worst "incident" I've had?......

well, I did manage to throw a club up in the air once, almost by accident. I wasn't consciously throwing it up, but I did anyways (thinking "don't throw it, don't throw it).

-It happened to land on my Dad. Fortunately he wasn't injured.

These days my anger moment is to drop/throw a club straight into the ground. One time I managed to break the shaft on both my 3i AND 3W in the same round. Hilarious. My mate said after the 3W went into the ground and snapped "I thought you would've learned the first time!" we laughed about it at the time, and still do today.

My new shaft in my 3W has a kink in it near the head from an incident involving a tree on a round-destroying hole....

My thoughts on anger?

You know, it's a strange thing. I am possibly the most non-violent person who's played sport. Even back to footy days, I wasn't the big crasher of packs or anything. I certainly never hit anyone outside of the rules etc. (I must point out that I wasn't soft either).

My dad said to me recently that "you shouldn't be doing that shit - You're better than that." and he's probably right. It's something that bothers me, and I am trying to change my self destructive golf anger!

I think playing golf is a lot like recording music. In both fields you rehearse what you are intending to do, but then you get one chance to make it count. It's amazing how in practice you can nail a drum fill, or the perfect swing, but press record and try to do it..... It really is a similar demon, yet I don't throw my sticks, or my guitars (I'll angrily bash the snare, then reach over and press 'delete' then try again)

But I think that maybe golf can be a reflection of a person's personal life/self. If there is something non-harmonious off course, that tends to creep on course. It's amazing how many pros blame a good patch of form on a better off-field frame of mind.

I could go on about my perception of the human psyche, but I'll leave it there for now...

I am working on my anger issues and my language used on the course. Don't know why I take this game so serious that I let it get to me like that. Stupid Game.

My story:

I was pissed off in general at another crappy round. On a par three after missing another green, I took an angry swing at the tee box. A huge divot flew up and hit my buddy square in the face, knocking him backwards. After filling the divot with mix, my buddy tackled me on the tee and told me I was an idiot........which was correct.

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

Same guy, 3 stories.

1.  Pissed he 3 putted.  Took a whack at the ball on the fringe with his putter and hit another guy right on the shin standing 10 feet away.

2.  Pissed about a bad drive.  He thew hit putter behind him and the shaft snaps on a tree.

3.  Pissed about another bad drive (different day).  Throws his driver behind him again and hits a guy right in the gut with the head.

hmmm........got a picture of the offender? Just in case I ever get paired up with him.................I need to know when to duck.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Went on a trip in 2010 to La Manga with a group of 24 guys, only knew the guy from my club, the rest were his uni mates.

On the second day one of the guys loses his rag after duffing a wedge, takes his frustration out on his bag with his wedge, one clean hard wack.

Later in the round pulls driver out shaft snaps as he hits the ball, lots of laughter serves him right for the temper tantrum.

Following day, pulls 5 wood for a fairway shot, shaft snaps on that at impact as well. 23 guys rolling around laughing and one guy not seeing the funny side of it!

Played in a highschool tourney many moons ago with a dude.  He duffed a chip and slammed his wedge into the side of his bag.  Over the next two holes, he pulled three or four clubs with snapped shafts.  Every time he did it he melted down a little further.  It was HILARIOUS (when it happens to someone else).

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have a new one from playing this saturday.  We got paired up with 2 older players who were pretty bad golfers.  They seemed to not have a temper at all until the last couple holes.  After the one gentlemen duffed 3 shots he picked up his ball and walked back to the cart.  The hole was cart path only and his buddy walked up to the green from the fairway.  When he got back to the cart he slams his club in the bag then hammers the gas.  At the end of the path is a little cul de sac where you have to turn around he must have thought screw that and proceeded to floor it straight through.  The cart and bags must have went 5 feet up in the air while his head slammed against the top of the cart.  He then slams it in reverse spinning dirt everywhere and gets the cart back on the path.  After all that he grabs his putter , wedge, and a ball then goes upto the green drops one duffs it two times and walks back to the cart.  He never mentioned anything and on the next tee acted perfectly normal like nothing happened.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played in an event with my son when he was about 11 years old. He was very nervous about doing the right thing at my vendors country club. He was just learning about tending the pins and being respectful of others while playing. He also knew that my rules included never loosing his temper and never throwing a club. We were paired with two high school football players who treated the course like a football field. Expressing their displeasure with shots by cursing up a blue streak. Once in a while, they would toss a club in anger. My son was amused and could see how silly they looked. On about the tenth tee, one of the kids hits another bad drive. This time he throws his driver hard. It sticks about nine feet up and pretty deep into a bush. Just high and deep enough that it will be hard to reach. When we get to the bush, it turns out to be thorn bush with 2" thorns everywhere. The boy was able to get his club down, but he was stuck many times and was even bleeding through his shirt. It was a great object lesson for my boy.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

There's an urban legend I was told by my father-in-law about his mate who witnessed a guy finish his round, walk back to the clubhouse and throw his clubs in the lake. Then the story goes that he came back a couple of minutes later, waded into the lake and grabbed his clubs to which everyone was thinking "hah, I knew he wouldn't leave them" but he simply took his car keys from the bag, dumped it back in the lake and stormed off to the car park.

Apparently that is...

Hahahahaha..........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 5 weeks later...

I was golfing with my dad, and we were on a 150 yard par 3. I was on in 1 with a 18 ft birdie putt. He hadn't played the last few holes well and he was on the fringe in 2. He putted it, and it went off a steep slope and back onto the fringe. His next putt didn't make it up the slope and rolled back down at his feet. Fed up, he picked up the ball, tossed it in the air, took the putter, and drilled it baseball style into the woods. Following the ball was the putter head, it snapped right off and flew 75 yards into the woods. I bit my lip to not laugh, and then he smiled and we both then busted out laughing, and I was so thrown off, I had no chance of making the putt. The putter was 20 years old and he replaced it with a Ping Crazy mallet.

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

Quote:
Fed up, he picked up the ball, tossed it in the air, took the putter, and drilled it baseball style into the woods.

I know a guy who has near perfected that 'shot', but he can't play to save his life.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Hahaha, I wanted to go search for the ball because it was a nice Titleist. Well Dad isn't the best, but he bought a Big Bertha 5 wood, and a set of G5 irons, and he has gotten a lot better.

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

Years ago, I watched a guy methodically snap the shafts off his entire bag  and throw them into the pond on the 18th. Obviously, he had not completely given up as he saved the heads.But quite amusing.

Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

A friend of mine was putting out yesterday, last hole in the comp, and he missed a short one, really short. His putter must has gone 70m across 2 fairways. Thing is, he had to finish putting out. He tapped in with a wedge. Its not the first time I have seen him retrieve his putter from another fairway. I can get pretty pissed off, but its limited to tossing the club back at the bag, or jamming it back in the bag. I put a pretty bad dent in one of my wedges a few weeks ago and didnt feel great after the fact. These days I turn my frustration on the course, and its actually working a treat. And I dont mean putting a crater in the tee with my driver. I actually play my best golf after a few bad holes.

We were playing one of those really tight courses where very good shots often wind up in bad places.  My buddy was having a particularly frustrating day, having several perfect drives take bad kicks and go OB.  I remember being very impressed by how calm and patient he was despite the bad breaks he was getting.  Little did I know it was all building inside.  His frustration finally came to a head after bombing a drive down the center of the 13th, landing safely in the middle about 85 yards out.  It was the first time he actually had a birdie opportunity and he proceeded to take the biggest divot I have ever seen - about 6 inches behind the ball.  The rest of the foursome bursts out into laughter, but my bud just stood there in silence for like 10 seconds.   And then he suddenly takes a few steps, crow hops and sends his wedge twirling off to the right side of the fairway and it bounced a few times and smashed into a boulder.  Then he took off his hat and threw it as far as he could.  Then he sat down and took off both of his shoes and threw them in different directions.  He seemed to have calmed down a bit and we were very glad he decided to stop disrobing.  Then he retrieved his wedge, walked quickly back towards his ball and hit a shot mid-stride that landed 2 feet from the cup and stopped dead.  And then he finally spoke - "F$%& this SH%#".  And that was the end of the tirade.  He proceeded to pick up his hat and shoes and get dressed again.  The rest of us have still not stopped laughing.  What a great par.

See you on the course.

Note: This thread is 3450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!