IGNORED

What do you wish Santa will bring you this Christmas?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My big oil grandma got a huge royalty check and told my wife to tell me to pick out whatever club I want.  I'm trying to get an Edel putter and drive up to take a tour of the shop 10 minutes north.  I'd like to talk with David Edel and do a little review for the site, so keep your fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I will by myself a driver ( Machspeed Black I think ) and hopefully just get some dri-fits and some NXT Tours

I don;t need anything else golf related

I am in a snowboarding mood now...

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Hoping Mrs. Santa will approve a joint trip to Vegas this winter for us to get some Mesquite desert golf in - will alleviate a mopey husband for 5 months of golfless winter...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

General rule: NO GOLF STUFF unless it's something you buy for yourself and let your wife gift wrap.

Golf gifts are the worst. Almost as bad or at least as bad as fishing gifts.

I agree completely! Last year I got a box of Dunlop balls, a "practice putter" in which the shaft unscrews into 4 pieces to be pocket-sized, a golf moulded grip with laser pointer to practice indoor swings and some golf socks which were normal socks with pictures of golfers on them. lol

I'd love a Bushnell V2 for Christmas but I don't see that happening.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

A repeatable swing, maybe new wedges, and I would love Paula Creamer to pop out of a box....think the wife goes for that one?

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Quote:

General rule: NO GOLF STUFF unless it's something you buy for yourself and let your wife gift wrap.

Golf gifts are the worst. Almost as bad or at least as bad as fishing gifts.

My darling wife must have been reading your mind because last night out of the blue she said why don't you buy that driver you want and I'll wrap it for Christmas - R11 here we come.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

I get a golftrip to Scotland and England. We're going to play Carnoustie, Old Course, Royal Liverpool, Birkdale, Lytham & St. Annes and possibly the coolest of them all: Musselburgh ( http://mocgc.com/visitors/hickory-golf ) with Hickory Sets and gutty golf balls.

I'm pretty stoked

And I'm going to buy myself some new irons, I think the Nike VR Pro Combo

Originally Posted by Zwick

I get a golftrip to Scotland and England. We're going to play Carnoustie, Old Course, Royal Liverpool, Birkdale, Lytham & St. Annes and possibly the coolest of them all: Musselburgh (http://mocgc.com/visitors/hickory-golf) with Hickory Sets and gutty golf balls.

I'm pretty stoked

And I'm going to buy myself some new irons, I think the Nike VR Pro Combo

Pfffttt. Is that all? My kids get me a huge bag of tees and a couple of golf gloves. So you keep your Open Champoinship rotation and I will sit here hoping I get natural colored tees instead of white....

• Upvote 1

Thinking of getting myself the Opti-Shot and letting my wife wrap it. So I can work on the swing a little throughout the long....cold .....winter months.

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

I want my left arm/elbow back. I tweaked it last month and haven't touched a club for the past month. Weather was pretty good too. bah.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

consistency

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Like some others, if I get anything golf related it'll be a dud, so I'll just look forward to all the other "gifts" Christmas season offers when you have a job, a nice family and are relatively healthy. My daughter is skating on her own now (mostly falling, but she'll get there) so weather permitting we'll be checking out the local outdoor rink (ODR) on Boxing Day (Dec 26). We went to the lighting of the Christmas tree party on Tuesday and that was nice (the city turns on the lights on all the decorated trees - and one particulary huge one - outside city hall) which kicks off the Festival of Trees this weekend (local custom - very Christmassy) Gonna see Santa somewhere (probably at the mall). The 2 month old will be terrified and screaming for the photo of course, but it's all part of the tradition.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!