IGNORED

Share Your Photos

iacas
Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by camper6

Those look rich, rich, rich.

Very good work.

I am wondering how you are able to take night shots with a digital camera.

I am a veteran of 35mm photography.  No problem with time exposures.

Im not sure if you are referring to me with night shots as I have posted a few, but so have others. Digital and film are no different when it comes to the way you treat night shots. I usually just set the aperture anywhere from f8-f11, sometimes higher if I want a longer exposure, but its really no different. Apart from the obvious part about getting the results right away and making the adjustments..

• 2 months later...

Originally Posted by mymizunosrock

Im not sure if you are referring to me with night shots as I have posted a few, but so have others. Digital and film are no different when it comes to the way you treat night shots. I usually just set the aperture anywhere from f8-f11, sometimes higher if I want a longer exposure, but its really no different. Apart from the obvious part about getting the results right away and making the adjustments..

What camera are you using.

A lot of digital cameras don't do well with night exposures.

With the old film cameras you could set the camera for as long as you wanted to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I take photos in my free time, but my main interest is in filming videos.

I only started this hobby recently, but I've just posted up a Youtube video titled "Golf is Awesome! (You should try it!)"

It includes original footage taken in Bangkok, Thailand, as well as Hong Kong. Hope you enjoy it!

Where's the like button?  I liked that video.

My present project is driving around town taking photos of signs painted on buildings for companies who are no longer in existence.

Also architecture of old homes.  I will donate the photos to the historical society in our town.

Thanks Camper6, I'm glad you liked it!

You have to go to the actual Youtube page to hit the Like button. So if you click on the button close to the bottom right titled "Youtube" you will get there.

Your project sounds interesting. It is good to capture such images of the past because we don't know how long such history will remain with us. I'd be interested in seeing your work.

I live in a city where many older structures are torn down and replaced, and companies, shops and restaurants frequently move, renovate or go out of business. Without photos to record the past, one would easily forget what the city was like years ago.

• 2 months later...

This thread doesn't seem to get too much action :P  I've been shooting for a year and a half and for maybe 3 and a half months with my current Pentax K-5 (which of course is finally getting replaced by a full frame K-3 after 4 years). I did it for fun with my parents Nikon D80 until they got sick of me "borrowing" it so they got me a Canon Rebel T1i which I never really liked much. Bought the K-5 in may and have been going nuts with it. SO here are a few of my favs (the rest can be found on my photobucket and I'm happy to say I have 2 published on Pentax Photo Gallery on their site :)

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just posted a series of images from the vacation I just got back from in Door County, Wisconsin (first vaca in like 8 years) over at pentax forums, here are a few images but the rest will be up HERE .

• Administrator

Some really nice photos in this thread! Thanks guys!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by iacas

Some really nice photos in this thread! Thanks guys!

Thanks, you gave us a place to do it though lol, so thank YOU :P

I haven't been doing much due to working a ton but a few for fun

My old high school did fireworks after the homecoming game tonight. I managed to get home from work before they launched but really had no idea when it would happen. Settled down to watch DVR'd coverage of the Ryder Cup and they just start launching them like crazy. I only had enough time to get the tripod out, couldn't change the lens to anything wider due to street lights, and was fighting the damn autofocus because I couldn't turn it off quickly enough. Only got 3 shots off before they were over. Only one turned out:

DA*60-250 F16 2.5sec ISO-500

A bird in the back yard

And I couldn't quite get this to look remotely like what it SHOULD look like. The human eye I guess can see something like 18 EV values from darkest to lightest and a camera can really only capture 8.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow everyone has really cool photos here! Here are a few of mine, taken at Walt Disney World earlier this year.

I am still learning all the functions of my camera. I should really play around with it more, but I keep spending all of my free time working on my swing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by billchao

I am still learning all the functions of my camera. I should really play around with it more, but I keep spending all of my free time working on my swing.

So far I feel that the 3 most important things to understand really are:

-The Exposure Triangle of ISO, Aperture (FStop), and Shutterspeed, how they are related and their effects on each other.

-Understanding the effect of Aperture, Lens Focal Length, and Distance to subject on Depth of Field.

-Learning what your lens can and cannot do. IE Optimum Sharpness, Focal Length/Zoom amount, maximum and minimum aperture.

(The secret 4th thing is learning how to combat G.A.S. or Gear Acquisition Syndrome and stop spending copious amounts of money on things you don't need :P)

I've been putzing around for a little over 2 years now and all of that is just now starting to click and I find myself thinking more about correct exposure in Manual mode than spraying and praying in the Program modes.

Here's one I did the other day for a friend and his dad.

Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!