IGNORED

Share Your Photos

iacas
Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All of my photographs these days are of the courses I play here in Texas.  They are all beautiful places in their own way and I'm all of sudden partial to black and white.

The examples below, however, are of the Banff Springs course in Banff, Alberta, Canada.  It was a great vacation.  The golf ball does travel farther at that altitude.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted by UgolferU

All of my photographs these days are of the courses I play here in Texas.  They are all beautiful places in their own way and I'm all of sudden partial to black and white.

The examples below, however, are of the Banff Springs course in Banff, Alberta, Canada.  It was a great vacation.  The golf ball does travel farther at that altitude.

Nice! I wish my home course were a bit more photogenic, the only way I made mine more interesting was waiting until sunset or shooting using only Infrared light :P  I've been dabbling in off camera flash/portraits lately so here are 2 experiments :P First is the daughter of a photographer I may become an assistant for soon, and second is just a horrible self portrait :P

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

• 1 year later...

Spotted a goldfinch today. I need a longer lens.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

Experimenting with long exposures in the driveway last night.  I think the garbage can adds verisimilitude. :)

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I've also (very recently) started playing around with some landscape photography...definitely still learning, but I've gotten a few good shots:

Happy Jack Road, 10 miles west of Cheyenne, Wyoming (Nikon D-800, 28mm)

Vedauwoo, Wyoming (Sony RX-100)

- John

Trying to link to one from flickr isn't easy...

Ships in Astoria Oregon

Vedauwoo, Wyoming (Sony RX-100)

I used to rock climb here. Nice place. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I used to rock climb here. Nice place. . .

That's awesome!  When I was out there, I was traveling for work, so I only had time to do some photography in the evenings and at night.  The climbing looked amazing...definitely some great bouldering to be had.

- John

Railroad bridge in Southern Oregon, taken in early August.  The haze is smoke from forest fires in the area.  While my girlfriend was river rafting, I was playing golf in this.

Cool. You guys take some great pictures. I found out that I don't have the time (and money) to devote to a new hobby so I just stuck with zooming in close and snapping a bunch of shots and hoping one comes out good.

The one thing I really wanted to do is to learn how to take star pictures but there's too much light pollution around me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The one thing I really wanted to do is to learn how to take star pictures but there's too much light pollution around me.

Yeah, I grew up in North Jersey, and the first time I saw a truly starry sky I was amazed.

- John

I forgot about this thread :P It's a month late but here's photos from the 3 practice rounds at the PGA at Whistling Straits up here in Wisco last month.

Day 1: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.898829213522600.1073742073.522919604446898&type;=3

Day 2: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.898950866843768.1073742074.522919604446898&type;=3

Day 3: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.902279513177570.1073742077.522919604446898&type;=3

I started working for a newspaper 2 years ago now so I mostly do sports nowadays on my facebook page www.facebook.com/MRHSports

I actually got prints done recently of these 3:

I started working for a newspaper 2 years ago now so I mostly do sports nowadays on my facebook page www.facebook.com/MRHSports

*Correction* Apparently at some point in time I changed it from www.Facebook.com/MRHSports to www.facebook.com/MRHPhoto .... Oops ^.^

Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!