IGNORED

Jason Day wants to spread his Father's ashes at Augusta

Note: This thread is 3461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the chances are very slim the club will let Day do it.  Maybe if he wins 7 green jackets

"Alvyn Day, who gave Jason his start in golf, died of cancer when Day was 12, and one of his final requests was that his son spread some of his ashes at Augusta if Day ever played there."

“It’s a plan but obviously if I don’t get clearance from Augusta, I am not going to do it,” Day said. “That was one of my dad’s wishes and if I was allowed to do it, that would be great. Obviously I know how the rules are at Augusta, it would be probably very unlikely, but we will see how it goes.”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Like the club can do anything, really, if he spreads his father's ashes behind the 12th green during a practice round or something. Or back on the 13th tee where there aren't any spectators.

That's what I'd do. Forget asking for permission, he said "some" of his ashes, not an entire urn's worth.

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by iacas

Like the club can do anything, really, if he spreads his father's ashes behind the 12th green during a practice round or something. Or back on the 13th tee where there aren't any spectators.

That's what I'd do. Forget asking for permission, he said "some" of his ashes, not an entire urn's worth.

This. He could easily do it without anyone knowing. Just not on the practice green

I'd just bend over and get a "sandwich" out of the bottom pocket of my bag in the azaleas and then spend a bit of time doing my shoelaces up.

Noone is the wiser.

A nice secret.

My father's wishes fulfilled.

It's not illegal or considered hazardous waste but he would require permission to do so by Augusta National since it's considered private property.   I would hope they'd consider it an honor but might decline since it would establish a precedent that others might make requests for.

Note: This thread is 3461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!