IGNORED

Rumor: Rickie Fowler switches to Cobra Golf

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a fan of Rickie Fowler and I like a lot of the Puma gear but that new AMP driver from Cobra is just plain ugly. I like the looks of the ZL encores but the orange in that AMP is just too much. I hope he has a great year this year and can at least get in the hunt for a major.

I'm actually pretty sure hes still on with Cobra. However, he will still play prov1x, his scotty cameron, and most likely vokey wedges. Cobras new "Trusty Rusty" wedge looks like  they found it in a trash can.

What I play-

Driver: Titleist 910 D3 8.5 degrees, aldila rip 70 X

3 wood: Titleist 910 F 13.5 degrees, aldila rip 70 X

2 iron: Mizuno mp fli-high 18 degrees, DG x100 shaft

4-PW: Titleist 712 mb

52: 2010 vokey 8 bounce

56: Taylormade rac smoke 12 bounce

60: Taylormade rac smoke 7 bounce

putter: scotty cameron newport 2

Its a shame because he's actually been in contention a few times. This years british open he was on the first page of the leaderboard all 4 days and then fell off towards the end. Also, he's had the lead on sunday at 3 different PGA tour events and has never closed the deal. He's a really cool guy id just like to see him finish strong for once.

What I play-

Driver: Titleist 910 D3 8.5 degrees, aldila rip 70 X

3 wood: Titleist 910 F 13.5 degrees, aldila rip 70 X

2 iron: Mizuno mp fli-high 18 degrees, DG x100 shaft

4-PW: Titleist 712 mb

52: 2010 vokey 8 bounce

56: Taylormade rac smoke 12 bounce

60: Taylormade rac smoke 7 bounce

putter: scotty cameron newport 2

I used to be a huge Cobra fan back when the Shark was swinging them.  I am more excited for Cobra with this.  It seems like there product has been declining for a while.  Maybe this will help turn things around...maybe.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by cipher

I used to be a huge Cobra fan back when the Shark was swinging them.  I am more excited for Cobra with this.  It seems like there product has been declining for a while.  Maybe this will help turn things around...maybe.

Wouldn't say Cobra has declined, they just do not have the brand recognition of other major brands, possibly due to not having "big names" endorsing the clubs.  I'm a pretty big fan of Cobra clubs, hopefully Rickie's endorsement will give the brand more recognition.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by GJBenn85

Quote:

Wouldn't say Cobra has declined, they just do not have the brand recognition of other major brands, possibly due to not having "big names" endorsing the clubs.  I'm a pretty big fan of Cobra clubs, hopefully Rickie's endorsement will give the brand more recognition.

Some brands come and go. Even the ones that stay around become popular, sometimes too popular, then seem to disappear for a while. When I was getting started the top choices for a new set of clubs included Spalding, MacGregor, Wilson Staff, Ram, Tommy Armour, Ben Hogan, Dunlop, H&B; / Powerbilt, Browning, Daiwa, and newer brands like Cleveland and Cobra, which I thought only made wedges. There were a lot of boutique brands and ones that just weren't in my price range.

Anyway, if I recall correctly (I probably don't), Cobra's heyday may have been in the mid 1990s, and they suffered greatly from the popularity of clones. The King Cobra was a great selling iron, but the only ones I ever saw in person were "King Snake".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

What I was trying to say has declined was more their marketability/popularity.   I hop that they can turn it around.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Quote:

What I was trying to say has declined was more their marketability/popularity.   I hop that they can turn it around.

Based on the amount of orange at Golf Town tonight, I'd say yes.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Based on the amount of orange at Golf Town tonight, I'd say yes.

I was at Golf Town today too (they've begun expanding to the U.S., though only in Massachusetts so far), and they had to have three times as many of those orange Puma hats than any other hat.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!