IGNORED

Rumor: Rickie Fowler switches to Cobra Golf

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saw those new Amp irons in GD magazine - the Fowler connection has to be the reason. They look awful, just like his Sunday outfit.
  • Upvote 1

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

Saw those new Amp irons in GD magazine - the Fowler connection has to be the reason. They look awful, just like his Sunday outfit.

Yeah, he won't be using those

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

True, but if you go to the Titleist site, no bag with his picture anymore, so while he still plays a Titleist ball, doesn't look like he's a Titleist club guy any longer. Somethings up.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by golfer1919

take a look at www.cobragolf.com.....

Any shock that the new site is entirely Orange and all of the new clubs have orange highlights....I don't think so.

Exactly...it is the worst kept secret in the industry.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by Shorty

They are probably hoping to create a buzz by making it a visual thing when he first shows up using a repulsive orange Cobra bag at his first tournament of 2012.

I'm still waiting for someone to say that Fowler and Cobra are a "good fit".

Fowler and Cobra are a good fit!

Didn't want you to wait too long, you may not have that much time left.

Cobra is definitely taking a gamble on a promising young star and the youthful market that he can hopefully penetrate for them. There is a window of opportunity that should benefit both parties and hopefully gain Cobra some more market share. I am just not really looking forward to the orange and green showing up at a course near me, but I realize that it is needed for the growth of the game, especially in the United States. When all the Baby Boomers leave the golf course, and it's the Generation Jones, X, and Yers, we will need the Digital Natives to migrate to the game. Maybe this is their ticket inside the ropes.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by Shorty

They are probably hoping to create a buzz by making it a visual thing when he first shows up using a repulsive orange Cobra bag at his first tournament of 2012.

I'm still waiting for someone to say that Fowler and Cobra are a "good fit".

Fowler and Cobra are a good fit. ;--------)

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Why all the Fowler haters? Sure he's alot flashier then most players but no player has brought more attention to golf from the younger crowd in the last 10 years than Fowler. He's not the best golf on tour but also far from the worst. He will win one day, maybe not this year or next but he has flirted enough that he will win. He is great for the game and who cares what clubs he plays or who he takes as a sponsor. I saw him live on a Sunday at an event and even though he was out of contention he still had by far the biggest following. He takes time for his fans, signs autographs after rounds until almost every kid gets one. Its great to see guys like him trying not to make golf so stuffy and bring some flash to the game.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Cobra is definitely taking a gamble on a promising young star and the youthful market that he can hopefully penetrate for them. There is a window of opportunity that should benefit both parties and hopefully gain Cobra some more market share. I am just not really looking forward to the orange and green showing up at a course near me, but I realize that it is needed for the growth of the game, especially in the United States. When all the Baby Boomers leave the golf course, and it's the Generation Jones, X, and Yers, we will need the Digital Natives to migrate to the game. Maybe this is their ticket inside the ropes.

I will add to the bolded comment, unless it is Rickie himself. I saw him at the Honda last year and was fun to watch along with fellow Cobra Staffer Ian Poulter who was just hilarious.

I'm not really a Rickie Fowler fan, but don't hate him either.  His clothes annoy me, but whatever.  Dude's got a lot of talent and seems like a good kid.  When he first started getting in some tournaments as an amateur and then his tour card, he reminded me of Sergio Garcia.  He's got so much lag, that timing has to be perfect and I expected to see random battles with inconsistency.  Any given week he could win or finish T48, and neither would be expected more than the other.

What's in the Bag:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12*
3-wood: Taylormade Burner 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19*
Irons: Callaway XR

Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Newport Studio

He pretty much only has one real option when it comes to the irons with Cobra. Not the case with Titty. They must have made him a nice offer, otherwise I'm sure he would have been more than happy to continue to wear their clothing and use Titleist clubs.  #Orange2thebone

Originally Posted by mymizunosrock

He pretty much only has one real option when it comes to the irons with Cobra. Not the case with Titty. They must have made him a nice offer, otherwise I'm sure he would have been more than happy to continue to wear their clothing and use Titleist clubs.  #Orange2thebone

Yeah, with Titleist he has . . . 2.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Be fair. Three. CB, MB, AP2.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Be fair. Three. CB, MB, AP2.

CB and MB are no different than the S3 C and S3 M variations so that counts as 1.

The AP2 is actually similar (in photos) to the Amp just in less gaudy colours.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

CB and MB are no different than the S3 C and S3 M variations so that counts as 1.

The AP2 is actually similar (in photos) to the Amp just in less gaudy colours.

Couldn't care less about Cobra's stuff. Maybe that count was off too. Just saying the Titleist count was off. CB is different than MB and both different than AP2. He would have had three choices of iron with Titleist. Maybe 3 also with Cobra.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!