Jump to content
IGNORED

Rumor: Rickie Fowler switches to Cobra Golf


Note: This thread is 3466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw those new Amp irons in GD magazine - the Fowler connection has to be the reason. They look awful, just like his Sunday outfit.

Everything Cobra has coming out is so ugly.

  • Moderator


Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

Saw those new Amp irons in GD magazine - the Fowler connection has to be the reason. They look awful, just like his Sunday outfit.



Yeah, he won't be using those

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

True, but if you go to the Titleist site, no bag with his picture anymore, so while he still plays a Titleist ball, doesn't look like he's a Titleist club guy any longer. Somethings up.
Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by golfer1919

take a look at www.cobragolf.com.....

Any shock that the new site is entirely Orange and all of the new clubs have orange highlights....I don't think so.



Exactly...it is the worst kept secret in the industry.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Shorty

They are probably hoping to create a buzz by making it a visual thing when he first shows up using a repulsive orange Cobra bag at his first tournament of 2012.

I'm still waiting for someone to say that Fowler and Cobra are a "good fit".



Fowler and Cobra are a good fit!

Didn't want you to wait too long, you may not have that much time left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cobra is definitely taking a gamble on a promising young star and the youthful market that he can hopefully penetrate for them. There is a window of opportunity that should benefit both parties and hopefully gain Cobra some more market share. I am just not really looking forward to the orange and green showing up at a course near me, but I realize that it is needed for the growth of the game, especially in the United States. When all the Baby Boomers leave the golf course, and it's the Generation Jones, X, and Yers, we will need the Digital Natives to migrate to the game. Maybe this is their ticket inside the ropes.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Shorty

They are probably hoping to create a buzz by making it a visual thing when he first shows up using a repulsive orange Cobra bag at his first tournament of 2012.

I'm still waiting for someone to say that Fowler and Cobra are a "good fit".


Fowler and Cobra are a good fit. ;--------)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why all the Fowler haters? Sure he's alot flashier then most players but no player has brought more attention to golf from the younger crowd in the last 10 years than Fowler. He's not the best golf on tour but also far from the worst. He will win one day, maybe not this year or next but he has flirted enough that he will win. He is great for the game and who cares what clubs he plays or who he takes as a sponsor. I saw him live on a Sunday at an event and even though he was out of contention he still had by far the biggest following. He takes time for his fans, signs autographs after rounds until almost every kid gets one. Its great to see guys like him trying not to make golf so stuffy and bring some flash to the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Cobra is definitely taking a gamble on a promising young star and the youthful market that he can hopefully penetrate for them. There is a window of opportunity that should benefit both parties and hopefully gain Cobra some more market share. I am just not really looking forward to the orange and green showing up at a course near me, but I realize that it is needed for the growth of the game, especially in the United States. When all the Baby Boomers leave the golf course, and it's the Generation Jones, X, and Yers, we will need the Digital Natives to migrate to the game. Maybe this is their ticket inside the ropes.


I will add to the bolded comment, unless it is Rickie himself. I saw him at the Honda last year and was fun to watch along with fellow Cobra Staffer Ian Poulter who was just hilarious.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really a Rickie Fowler fan, but don't hate him either.  His clothes annoy me, but whatever.  Dude's got a lot of talent and seems like a good kid.  When he first started getting in some tournaments as an amateur and then his tour card, he reminded me of Sergio Garcia.  He's got so much lag, that timing has to be perfect and I expected to see random battles with inconsistency.  Any given week he could win or finish T48, and neither would be expected more than the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He pretty much only has one real option when it comes to the irons with Cobra. Not the case with Titty. They must have made him a nice offer, otherwise I'm sure he would have been more than happy to continue to wear their clothing and use Titleist clubs.  #Orange2thebone

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by mymizunosrock

He pretty much only has one real option when it comes to the irons with Cobra. Not the case with Titty. They must have made him a nice offer, otherwise I'm sure he would have been more than happy to continue to wear their clothing and use Titleist clubs.  #Orange2thebone



Yeah, with Titleist he has . . . 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yeah, with Titleist he has . . . 2.

Be fair. Three. CB, MB, AP2.



CB and MB are no different than the S3 C and S3 M variations so that counts as 1.

The AP2 is actually similar (in photos) to the Amp just in less gaudy colours.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Originally Posted by sean_miller

CB and MB are no different than the S3 C and S3 M variations so that counts as 1.

The AP2 is actually similar (in photos) to the Amp just in less gaudy colours.


Couldn't care less about Cobra's stuff. Maybe that count was off too. Just saying the Titleist count was off. CB is different than MB and both different than AP2. He would have had three choices of iron with Titleist. Maybe 3 also with Cobra.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...