IGNORED

Rumor: Rickie Fowler switches to Cobra Golf

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

CB and MB are no different than the S3 C and S3 M variations so that counts as 1.

The AP2 is actually similar (in photos) to the Amp just in less gaudy colours.

Couldn't care less about Cobra's stuff. Maybe that count was off too. Just saying the Titleist count was off. CB is different than MB and both different than AP2. He would have had three choices of iron with Titleist. Maybe 3 also with Cobra.

Don't get me wrong, I really couldn't care less about either OEM. I just thought that poster's implication that Titleist has this wide array of players gear was funny. Whether it's 1, 2, 3, 4 or whatever, I believe that's one of the reasons Titleist irons have so much credibility among their fans. They don't feel the need to release a whole new lineup everytime their sales figures drop a point (i.e. Callaway. TaylorMade, and unfortunately Mizuno now) - they keep making what works.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Don't get me wrong, I really couldn't care less about either OEM. I just thought that poster's implication that Titleist has this wide array of players gear was funny. Whether it's 1, 2, 3, 4 or whatever, I believe that's one of the reasons Titleist irons have so much credibility among their fans. They don't feel the need to release a whole new lineup everytime their sales figures drop a point (i.e. Callaway. TaylorMade, and unfortunately Mizuno now) - they keep making what works.

I agree. And really, the CB and MB haven't changed much since their introduction, which I like. Same with Mizuno irons, or Scratch, or Miura.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did Titleist give up on the ZB/ZM line?

Originally Posted by iacas

I agree. And really, the CB and MB haven't changed much since their introduction, which I like. Same with Mizuno irons, or Scratch, or Miura.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Did Titleist give up on the ZB/ZM line?

Yes and no, it's called the CB and MB line now, with the design of a more traditional muscle back compared to the Z muscle.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah, with Titleist he has . . . 2.

Well, its actually 3 as mentioned. Not a wide variety, but I never said that. I think I used the term "options".

CB and MB are no different than the S3 C and S3 M variations so that counts as 1.

The Cobra S3 Pro's are a combo set, a mixture of cavity and muscle back. The CB and MB are 2 different models, as mentioned.

Looks are about as close as the AP2 and AMP get. They could not be any different.

I think the AMP irons are going to be closer to these than the AP2.  Super strong lofts, offset and wide sole

2010_US_154_BANNER.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Everything Cobra has coming out is so ugly.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Originally Posted by mymizunosrock

Quote:

Yeah, with Titleist he has . . . 2.

Well, its actually 3 as mentioned. Not a wide variety, but I never said that. I think I used the term "options".

Quote:

The Cobra S3 Pro's are a combo set, a mixture of cavity and muscle back. The CB and MB are 2 different models, as mentioned.

Looks are about as close as the AP2 and AMP get. They could not be any different.

I'll give you that. Fowler had more options at Titleist. Not as many as he'd have at TaylorMade, Callaway. Mizuno, Cleveland. etc, but certainly more than he'll have at Cobra.

Having said that, he plays (played) a full set of blades with Titleist, so why would options matter? And besides, if he wants musclebacks in the long irons, they'll make them for him even if they don't release any sets to the general public. I don't recall ever seeing anything Greg Norman ever hit in the local golf shops when he was with Cobra either. Rickie will be okay.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I did see on twitter a couple of days ago that Poults is going to be wearing Puma shoes this season. It said he was picking up Puma sponsorship which suprised me since he owns his own (ridiculous) clothing line, then I saw it's just for shoes...maybe a connection. A lot of clothing lines are affiliating with/purchasing clubmakers, ie...Adidas/Taylormade.

I read in Golf Week that Fowler did switch to Cobra for woods and irons and will just be with Titleist for golf balls.  I also saw that Callaway signed Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by bpollino89

I did see on twitter a couple of days ago that Poults is going to be wearing Puma shoes this season. It said he was picking up Puma sponsorship which suprised me since he owns his own (ridiculous) clothing line, then I saw it's just for shoes...maybe a connection. A lot of clothing lines are affiliating with/purchasing clubmakers, ie...Adidas/Taylormade.

Poulter's clothing line is actually quite sophisticated, I would even say conservative. What would be an example of what you see as "ridiculous"? It's only Poulter's shoes that are odd, and they aren't part of the catalogue.

If you want to see ridiculous, look at Fowler on Sundays.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

If you want to see ridiculous, look at Fowler on Sundays.

Why limit it to Sundays?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Interesting that they'd announce it in Golf Week but wait until the 23rd.  Fowler will still be with Titleist for gloves and golf balls, rest of equipment is Cobra.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Interesting that they'd announce it in Golf Week but wait until the 23rd.  Fowler will still be with Titleist for gloves and golf balls, rest of equipment is Cobra.

cobra putter ?

I guess there is the mysterious proto

post-2-033457200%201300824222.jpg

Note: This thread is 4466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!