IGNORED

Chevron World Challenge 2011 Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good stat Turtleback,nothing like a good fact to back up a statement.

FWIW, you have only come up with two wins where Tiger has left the driver in the bag. As opposed to alllllllll the other ones out there. So fact: On occasion Tiger has decided not to hit driver and won. Reason: The driver was wonky that week but he still had the game to pull it off. He's not going to win a Masters or a U.S. Open that way. He knows it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

FWIW, you have only come up with two wins where Tiger has left the driver in the bag. As opposed to alllllllll the other ones out there.

So fact: On occasion Tiger has decided not to hit driver and won.

Reason: The driver was wonky that week but he still had the game to pull it off. He's not going to win a Masters or a U.S. Open that way. He knows it.

I agree Jamo,the big stick needs to come out at some point.I feel that he can still hit irons off of the tee on certain par 4's at the majors.But he will need to pull the trigger to cut those corners and not settle for a 4 iron that lands right at the dog leg. Irons off of the tee are just hiding his discomfort with the club,i am pretty sure he will figure it out and get the confidence to hit the driver.It's not like Tiger has ever lead the PGA in driving accuracy,what saves him is the ability to scramble and save par,then just eat up the par 5's.

I am sure Tiger would rather put time in to try and fix his driver, then give up and stop using it

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• Administrator

Originally Posted by franky21

Go make a thread to discuss Q-school.This is about the Chevron.

If you're going to try to be the forum police, franky, please don't make five posts in a row instead of using multiquote. It's an obnoxious waste of space.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by mvmac

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin007

why was tiger making such exagerated cut practice swings?  it seemed like 95% of his shots he was trying to cut.  does he think this is better?  is this a new thing sean has him doing?

Effort to straighten out the path.  Tiger tends to stay closed for too long on the downswing, path too far out to the right.  This new feel helps things and at least give him a pattern and takes out the big miss left which he fears.

Lol, on sirius XM's golf station they had about 9 different "experts" try to answer this question to all the callers who called in, and not one of them was able to answer it. Instead, they went on these deranged "Faldoesque" rambles that was mostly mumbling and stuttering. I tried to call in, but got a busy signal. After each answer though, the hosts would say "great insight there." Uhhhhh, they just said absolutely nothing.

Constantine

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by franky21

Go make a thread to discuss Q-school.This is about the Chevron.

If you're going to try to be the forum police, franky, please don't make five posts in a row instead of using multiquote. It's an obnoxious waste of space.

I've seen a few multiquote posts that could easily qualify as an obnoxious waste of space, but in this instance I concur.

And that's my last comment on this particular silly season event which going forward will not have Chevron as a title sponsor.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I've seen a few multiquote posts that could easily qualify as an obnoxious waste of space, but in this instance I concur.

And that's my last comment on this particular silly season event which going forward will not have Chevron as a title sponsor.

Maybe next year it will be named "Tiger & Friends"!

Originally Posted by makaveli

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Maybe next year it will be named "Tiger & Friends"!

I thought the term had already been coined for this type of event - "___insert predator nickname___ Shootout".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by jamo

FWIW, you have only come up with two wins where Tiger has left the driver in the bag. As opposed to alllllllll the other ones out there.

So fact: On occasion Tiger has decided not to hit driver and won.

Reason: The driver was wonky that week but he still had the game to pull it off. He's not going to win a Masters or a U.S. Open that way. He knows it.

Actually the reason he didn't hit driver at Hoylake had nothing to do with a wonky driver and everything to do with dried out fairways that gave so much run out that control was impossible with a driver.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Nah I don't think so since I suppose it will be more than only Tiger and Zack, but I maybe wrong, I think "Tiger & Friends" sounds better anyway!

Originally Posted by shades9323

Perhaps it will be called "Tiger & the guys that let him win."

Note: This thread is 4521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!