IGNORED

Lee and Rory rejoining the pga tour in 2012

franky21
Note: This thread is 4490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wasn't trolling. You and Sean may want to freshen up on what trolling is.  Why do you sometimes duck direct questions from me?

Maybe I'll put the question another way, although you will probably try to side step that too.

True or False, The PGA Tour is deeper than the European Tour.

Quote:

As if I was being serious when saying that. I'm hardly going to run an analysis on STATA to try and find out. I was quite obviously joking.

Anyway, Sean Miller has pointed out that you were just trolling me. If I had known that from the start I wouldn't have even bothered replying.

Where did I sidestep? I answered the question on the last page?

Making things up again.

Why do you care so much about my opinion anyway? I'm actually flattered that you care so much. It's nice that my opinions are cared about so much by a stranger on a discussion forum.

Feel free to continue asking me a question that I answered already though. It's amusing me.

At least you can read what I said. Cheers.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Regarding the deepness of the PGA Tour or European Tour, Deasy suggested people tend to overrate their local leagues or teams or players because familiarity of the names instills confidence in the quality of the play or brand. He also admitted that as a whole the PGA Tour is deeper because it draw more top players due to having more high end events.

Not any, one Ricky Fowler.

Just a pet hate of mine. Showering people with plaudits based on the size of their advertising contract rather than their wins. Where's the love for Haas, Simpson or even Mark Wilson wins on tour compared to Rickie whose won once in Korea. Rickie's profile still gets him more coverage when the others deserve it more for their success.

And the fact I was trolling, of course.

For what its worth I think that the top 50-100 in the US would beat up on the Europeans if it were played in the States, but the reverse would be true if the golf were played in "Europe".

I was mostly refering to other treads. So are your "instincts" your final answer? I mean, when I see a hot woman my instincts are to jump her bones, but my answer is to not do it.  See where intincts differ from an actual opnion? I am not making anything up.

Have you ever watched Ultimate Force? That show is awesome.

Originally Posted by deasy55

Where did I sidestep? I answered the question on the last page?

Making things up again.

Why do you care so much about my opinion anyway? I'm actually flattered that you care so much. It's nice that my opinions are cared about so much by a stranger on a discussion forum.

Feel free to continue asking me a question that I answered already though. It's amusing me.

Since you asked and I like to amuse...

Is the PGA Tour deeper than the Euro Tour?

a) Yes

b) No

I am only looking for an "a" or "b" on this one. No explanation needed, just an "a" or "b".

I see.  Sounds to me like you are a bandwagon fan or like to hide the fact that your favorite team sucks and you don't want to be associated with them.  Perhaps Calgary?

Now that was a troll! TrollFaceDancing.gif

Hockey detour: My favourite hockey team changes. I cheer for the regional teams to do well (i.e. stay in business) and a have a couple relatives that play professionally so my allegiance tends to change whenever they change teams and especially whenever they're in the lineup.

Every team has a "couple" players that make it hard to be a fan some nights. Some teams have those guys on the 3rd or 4th line even have that guy wearing the C and leading the team in points.

Originally Posted by shades9323

I wasn't trolling. You and Sean may want to freshen up on what trolling is.  Why do you sometimes duck direct questions from me?

Maybe I'll put the question another way, although you will probably try to side step that too.

True or False, The PGA Tour is deeper than the European Tour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deasy55

As if I was being serious when saying that. I'm hardly going to run an analysis on STATA to try and find out. I was quite obviously joking.

Anyway, Sean Miller has pointed out that you were just trolling me. If I had known that from the start I wouldn't have even bothered replying.

That doesn't actually make sense, but let's say for a minute there was only one guy talking about the deepness of the tour before Deasy posted. It was the OP , which in and of itself is relevant, but anyone who's ever spent any time on this board is fully aware where Franky21 is headed whenever he starts a thread about essentially the same topic. Why should we beat around the bush, eh?

If the OP feels very strongly that the US Tour is the deepest, that his tour's run of the mill guys trump all other tours' run of the mill guys, and that somehow that proves all the really good guys should therefore somehow be playing together every week on that particular stage, why not speed up the process and take the thread to its eventual conclusion straight away so we can all get back to discussing high tec hydration methods.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by shades9323

I see.  Sounds to me like you are a bandwagon fan or like to hide the fact that your favorite team sucks and you don't want to be associated with them.  Perhaps Calgary?

Now that was a troll!

Quote:

Hockey detour: My favourite hockey team changes. I cheer for the regional teams to do well (i.e. stay in business) and a have a couple relatives that play professionally so my allegiance tends to change whenever they change teams and especially whenever they're in the lineup.

Every team has a "couple" players that make it hard to be a fan some nights. Some teams have those guys on the 3rd or 4th line even have that guy wearing the C and leading the team in points.

I do have a couple Flames caps. I also have Bruins, Kings, Sharks, Oilers, Red Wings, Canucks, Sabres, Jets (vintage), Hawks, and a few others in there. I have a nice signed Chelios Hawks jersey, a Svenske jersey with names I can't make out, and whenever I wear my Red Wings '08 jersey with all player's signatures my brother cringes because I don't have it under glass.

I like hockey, and I learned long ago that living and dying with one team isn't worth my time, but every time the puck is dropped there's one team I pull for a little harder. Sure I like the Canucks and pulled for them in last year's final, but I wasn't sad the Bruins won. I'd pulled for them a couple times against the Oilers and even when they choked against Philly. I pulled against the Oilers every year when they were winning almost every year (Canucks fan back in the day) but after living there for a few years when they almost lost the team I became a fan and was really pulling for them against Carolina in 2006. But I wasn't sad when the Hurricanes won because they deserved it and a local kid won the Conn Smythe.

As I stated I probably pull the hardest for the Red Wings and if that changes, it's really not your business, is it. No seriously, is it!?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I have a Wings jersey signed by the 2010 team and a signed Lidstrom jersey and neither of those are under glass yet.

I do have a couple Flames caps. I also have Bruins, Kings, Sharks, Oilers, Red Wings, Canucks, Sabres, Jets (vintage), Hawks, and a few others in there. I have a nice signed Chelios Hawks jersey, a Svenske jersey with names I can't make out, and whenever I wear my Red Wings '08 jersey with all player's signatures my brother cringes because I don't have it under glass.

I like hockey, and I learned long ago that living and dying with one team isn't worth my time, but every time the puck is dropped there's one team I pull for a little harder. Sure I like the Canucks and pulled for them in last year's final, but I wasn't sad the Bruins won. I'd pulled for them a couple times against the Oilers and even when they choked against Philly. I pulled against the Oilers every year when they were winning almost every year (Canucks fan back in the day) but after living there for a few years when they almost lost the team I became a fan and was really pulling for them against Carolina in 2006. But I wasn't sad when the Hurricanes won because they deserved it and a local kid won the Conn Smythe.

As I stated I probably pull the hardest for the Red Wings and if that changes, it's really not your business, is it. No seriously, is it!?!?

Do I sense a bit of hostility in your last sentence? My toll post was in jest.

Originally Posted by franky21

I do agree that they do play in alot of the important tournaments.I have just always felt that top players need to compete with the  tour that has the most talent.That doesnt mean that the other tours arent full of talented golfers,i just as a golf fan want to see Luke,Martin,Lee play against Dustin,Ricky,Tiger,Phil and Hunter.I guess i just need to take it for what it is.We do see all the top players at the big events that happens throughout the year.When i comes down to it those are the ones that matter the most.I just want to see them all playing in the fed-ex cup at the end,i makes for great golf and ratings,even though there was plenty of drama and great golf this year at the fed-ex.

Why do the "top players "need"to compete with (sic) the tour that has the most talent?". What would happen to the other tours if all the top players were to go and join the likes of your personal friends "Hunter" and "Dustin"?   Honestly - when you are talking golf with your riends, do you refer to the players by their first names?
But what about Stephen, Ian, Andrew, Warren, John, Mark and Allan?

I would also like to see Mike and Robert playing every wek, but if Ivan and John are playing in Europe, that probably makes that tour "deeper"most of the time. Even when Steve and Bruce are playing poorly.

I don't know why you feel that players should up and move their families to another country just because you think the best players should be playing togaether all te time.

We already have the Majors and the WGC events. How often do the top guys play anyway? The WGC plus the Majors and as few other events as they are allowed to play to fulfil their obligations to the PGA Tour.

The PGA Tour has actively tried to keep the best players international away from its tour until very recently.

Starting with Ballesteros and most recently McIlroy.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

Originally Posted by franky21

I do agree that they do play in alot of the important tournaments.I have just always felt that top players need to compete with the  tour that has the most talent.That doesnt mean that the other tours arent full of talented golfers,i just as a golf fan want to see Luke,Martin,Lee play against Dustin,Ricky,Tiger,Phil and Hunter.I guess i just need to take it for what it is.We do see all the top players at the big events that happens throughout the year.When i comes down to it those are the ones that matter the most.I just want to see them all playing in the fed-ex cup at the end,i makes for great golf and ratings,even though there was plenty of drama and great golf this year at the fed-ex.

Why do the "top players "need"to compete with (sic) the tour that has the most talent?". What would happen to the other tours if all the top players were to go and join the likes of your personal friends "Hunter" and "Dustin"?   Honestly - when you are talking golf with your riends, do you refer to the players by their first names?

I would also like to see Mike and Robert playing every wek, but if Ivan and John are playing in Europe, that probably makes that tour "deeper"most of the time. Even when Steve and Bruce are playing poorly.

I don't know why you feel that players should up and move their families to another country just because you think the best players should be playing togaether all te time.

We already have the Majors and the WGC events. How often do the top guys play anyway? The WGC plus the Majors and as few other events as they are allowed to play to fulfil their obligations to the PGA Tour.

The PGA Tour has actively tried to keep the best players international away from its tour until very recently.

Probably starting with guys before Locke.

Originally Posted by 8.5_Drive

Butthurt Americans detected. Why u mad? Is it because tiger cant hit a ball for love nor *****?

Euro tour is where its at. Class > ricky fagler and co.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Half of the guys that are on tour  dont even live in europe,at least not the ones we really hear alot about.They are all moving to Jupiter where most of the golfers live anyways.I never said the euro players should play on the pga tour all  time,if you are a fulltime member of the pgatour all that means is that you will play more on the pga tour,that doesnt mean they will never play on the euro tour. Saying the top golfers shouldnt play FULLTIME NOT ALL THE TIME on the pga tour is like saying Tom Brady can play in the CFL if he wants because there is enough talent in that league. Like i have said before i find nothing wrong with guys like Graeme and Rory playing on the euro tour because that tour needs them aswell,i just fell  they should switch it around and play fulltime on the more competitive tour and play there 7 or so events on the euro tour. By the way shorty i wish you the best on your journey to playing professionally.We may always butt heads on all of our topics,but i wouldn't want it any other way.I actually was wondering why you havent fired a smart remark at me,you must of been practicing and preparing for one of your upcoming tournaments.

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

If the PGA Tour is so deep why has one of its stars never won on it? I'm looking at you Fowler. C'mon even Westwood has won on it in the last couple of years.

I'm guessing that Fowler has never won on the US Tour because Colin Montgomery is his idol and role model.  LOL

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by turtleback

I'm guessing that Fowler has never won on the US Tour because Colin Montgomery is his idol and role model.  LOL

LMAO. That is the best one i have heard in a while.

Rory will have to get his Trophy out of Customs first

Quote:

"The Ulsterman had been traveling with the trophy he won at Congressional during a six-event stint, beginning at the Shanghai Masters in October.The trophy was shipped to Lake Malaren, site of the event, for pick-up but no one was there to sign for it.  'The trophy was shipped out in its special protective box to Shanghai ... but there was no one present at the course to receive it so it was taken back to the shipping agents' depot,' said Conor Ridge of Horizon Sports, according to Reuters."

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 4490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!