IGNORED

Lee and Rory rejoining the pga tour in 2012

franky21
Note: This thread is 4490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Butthurt Americans detected. Why u mad? Is it because tiger cant hit a ball for love nor *****?

Euro tour is where its at. Class > ricky fagler and co.

Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

Talking about class? (Prime example)

Originally Posted by 8.5_Drive

Butthurt Americans detected. Why u mad? Is it because tiger cant hit a ball for love nor *****?

As for the tours: They should play what they want as long as there are all the stars in the important tournaments (majors, WGCs...). It's a good thing to have the  good players playing all over the world.

Originally Posted by deasy55

You are always going to see the tour you watch the most as the "deeper tour", purely because you will recognise more of the journeyman players on a tour that you have more interest in.

Why would you consider the Euro Tour the "deeper" tour? Is it only because you can recognise more players?

Looks like someone may be making a trip to the penalty box.  Likely it will be a return trip!

I'd like to know where I actually said that I considered it the deeper tour...

"You are always going to see the tour you watch the most as the "deeper tour", purely because you will recognise more of the journeyman players on a tour that you have more interest in."

Oh that's right...no where

Quote:

Originally Posted by shades9323

Why would you consider the Euro Tour the "deeper" tour? Is it only because you can recognise more players?

Well sorry to disagree then. I think the best players should be playing the top events, regardless of what tour they are on or in what country they are played in.

I can't disagree with that at all,as golf fans we want to see the the top players at the best events.

Why did you mention it then? What was the purpose of your random comment(by random I mean you didn't direct it toward anybody by quoting)?

Do you agree with Franky that the PGA Tour is the deeper tour?

I'd like to know where I actually said that I considered it the deeper tour...

"You are always going to see the tour you watch the most as the "deeper tour", purely because you will recognise more of the journeyman players on a tour that you have more interest in."

Oh that's right...no where

Originally Posted by Zwick

Talking about class? (Prime example)

As for the tours: They should play what they want as long as there are all the stars in the important tournaments (majors, WGCs...). It's a good thing to have the  good players playing all over the world.

I do agree that they do play in alot of the important tournaments.I have just always felt that top players need to compete with the  tour that has the most talent.That doesnt mean that the other tours arent full of talented golfers,i just as a golf fan want to see Luke,Martin,Lee play against Dustin,Ricky,Tiger,Phil and Hunter.I guess i just need to take it for what it is.We do see all the top players at the big events that happens throughout the year.When i comes down to it those are the ones that matter the most.I just want to see them all playing in the fed-ex cup at the end,i makes for great golf and ratings,even though there was plenty of drama and great golf this year at the fed-ex.

Do you have a problem or something? Why are you trying to put words into my mouth?

Are you trying to say what I originally posted is incorrect?

I must have offended you in another life or something.

Why did you mention it then? What was the purpose of your random comment(by random I mean you didn't direct it toward anybody by quoting)?

Do you agree with Franky that the PGA Tour is the deeper tour?

I am just trying to get your view on this DISCUSSION forum. You always seem to get riled up when I try to have a discussion with you. Perhaps you feel I am out to get you or something? Just trying to figure out why you made that comment when you seemingly agree with Franky's assertation that the PGA Tour is deeper? The comment came out of nowhere and made no sense in the discussion.

So I am not putting words into your mouth, would you answer the following question?

Which is the deeper tour?

a) The Pga Tour

b) The European Tour

Do you have a problem or something? Why are you trying to put words into my mouth?

Are you trying to say what I originally posted is incorrect?

I must have offended you in another life or something.

I'm not sure. I'll run an analysis tomorrow and let you know. If I was to follow my instincts I would say the PGA Tour, since many internationals sign up to it due to 6 of the 8 biggest events being on American soil. No need to be so worked up about it, it's only a DISCUSSION forum, as you said.

"The comment came out of nowhere and made no sense in the discussion"? There was a discussion going on about tours and their deepness, and thats what I posted about?

Now, just leave it alone. I made a pretty basic post that made sense and 99.9% of people would likely agree with, no need to get worked up.

I am just trying to get your view on this DISCUSSION forum. You always seem to get riled up when I try to have a discussion with you. Perhaps you feel I am out to get you or something? Just trying to figure out why you made that comment when you seemingly agree with Franky's assertation that the PGA Tour is deeper? The comment came out of nowhere and made no sense in the discussion.

So I am not putting words into your mouth, would you answer the following question?

a) The Pga Tour

b) The European Tour

Don't sweat it man - he's just trolling.

Just like when essentially the same comment is made (in another dialect altogether of course) by mcf_nick and makaevi pretends to be offended. And no I don't really care if I misspelled their usernames.

I'm not sure. I'll run an analysis tomorrow and let you know. If I was to follow my instincts I would say the PGA Tour, since many internationals sign up to it due to 6 of the 8 biggest events being on American soil. No need to be so worked up about it, it's only a DISCUSSION forum, as you said.

"The comment came out of nowhere and made no sense in the discussion"? There was a discussion going on about tours and their deepness, and thats what I posted about?

Now, just leave it alone. I made a pretty basic post that made sense and 99.9% of people would likely agree with, no need to get worked up.

Quote:

a) The Pga Tour

b) The European Tour

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'll be looking forward to your analysis. I am not worked up about anything young deasy. I try to discuss and you always act like I am after you or something. I am not.

To be fair, there was no "discussion " about the deepness of tours. Prior to your comment, only franky mentioned "deepness." You were the second to mention it so I figured that you were taking the opposite stance from him or else you wouldn't have brought it up or perhaps you might of said "I agree with you Franky that the PGA Tour is more "deep."

Did you really think that telling me to leave it alone was going to have any effect?

Your analysis is incorrect. I am not trolling anything. How's your favorite hockey team doing? I can't remember who it is. Maybe I can troll you then.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Just like when essentially the same comment is made (in another dialect altogether of course) by mcf_nick and makaevi pretends to be offended. And no I don't really care if I misspelled their usernames.

As if I was being serious when saying that. I'm hardly going to run an analysis on STATA to try and find out. I was quite obviously joking.

I'll be looking forward to your analysis.

Anyway, Sean Miller has pointed out that you were just trolling me. If I had known that from the start I wouldn't have even bothered replying.

Your analysis is incorrect. I am not trolling anything.  How's your favorite hockey team doing? I can't remember who it is. Maybe I can troll you then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Hockey detour: My favourite hockey team changes. I cheer for the regional teams to do well (i.e. stay in business) and a have a couple relatives that play professionally so my allegiance tends to change whenever they change teams and especially whenever they're in the lineup.

Every team has a "couple" players that make it hard to be a fan some nights. Some teams have those guys on the 3rd or 4th line even have that guy wearing the C and leading the team in points.

Regarding the deepness of the PGA Tour or European Tour, Deasy suggested people tend to overrate their local leagues or teams or players because familiarity of the names instills confidence in the quality of the play or brand. He also admitted that as a whole the PGA Tour is deeper because it draw more top players due to having more high end events.

Personally I think the top 10 EPGA Tour players are better players than the top 10 PGA Tour players (until the aforementioned players come to this side of the pond) but compare the guys 50-100 and I'd put my money on the PGA Tour guys.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

If the PGA Tour is so deep why has one of its stars never won on it? I'm looking at you Fowler. C'mon even Westwood has won on it in the last couple of years.

That makes no sense at all.How are you saying if the tour is deep why havent any of the stars won yet.That is what makes the tour so deep,Webb Simpson and Bill Haas were two guys that made a name for themselves by playing great golf this year and we wont talk about the shot Bill hit out of the water to seal the deal at the Fed Ex. What i am trying to say is that alot of guys come out and play solid on a weekly basis,and they do it against tough fields. When i say it is deeper i am just stating a fact,stats don't lie, you can't debate with me when almost %70 of the guys in the top 100 play on the PGA Tour.Once again not taking anything away from any other tour because they have awesome golfers and alot of american golfers go to the european tour to play in certain events.I love golf any every tour but on sunday who doesn't want to see Tiger,Rory,Lee and Kaymer going at it in the final round of a mid-level tournament.

Note: This thread is 4490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!