IGNORED

PGA 2011 Blooper Reel - Duffs, Tops and Shanks

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In the last clip, did the guy just lose his balance during a practice swing, or was that an out-and-out whiff?

In 2009, I played my first tournament in eight years and dribbled my first tee shot about 50 yards down the left side in front of about 100 people.  I was afraid someone was gonna ask me to drop my shorts.  Ended up shooting 73 that day though, so it wasn't all bad.

Originally Posted by cougar978

In the last clip, did the guy just lose his balance during a practice swing, or was that an out-and-out whiff?

That was Kevin Na - it was not a practice swing but he pulled out of the downswing on purpose because it didn't feel right. He's known for that, and was not assessed a stroke.

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

That was Kevin Na - it was not a practice swing but he pulled out of the downswing on purpose because it didn't feel right. He's known for that, and was not assessed a stroke.

Yeah one of the weirdest things I have ever seen watching golf.  You are totally in your own head if you are trying to feel whether the top of your back swing is in the right position during tournament play.  I was rather surprised he was able to finally squeak out a win after seeing that swing.

Originally Posted by Quinn07

Yeah one of the weirdest things I have ever seen watching golf.  You are totally in your own head if you are trying to feel whether the top of your back swing is in the right position during tournament play.  I was rather surprised he was able to finally squeak out a win after seeing that swing.

My advice to him would be get your aim point, set up the appropriate grip for the shot you want, and hit the damn ball.

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.