IGNORED

ROLL TIDE !!!!

cruzthepug
Note: This thread is 4481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by DaSportsGuy

Exactly.

Nobody wants to sit around and watch good defense. That goes for any sport. Nobody wants to watch a 1-0 baseball game. Nobody wants to watch 1-0 hockey games. Nobody wants to watch 75-70 basketball games. And nobody wants to watch 6-3 football games. Well, I take that back. The purists for their respective sport, love to see it. But other than that, the guys sitting out in the outfield want to see homerun balls flying into the seats, the guys in the dawg pound want to see kick returns and 95 yard TD passes, the guys in the court seats want to see dunks and three's, and the guys on the glass want to see pucks flying into the nets.

Yeah... who wants to see a no-hitter or a perfect game?  Real fans want to see the bullpens emptied out by the seventh inning.  Oh, and lots of errors to keep things exciting. [/sarcasm]

I want defense.  Boa constrictor wrapping itself around an offense and squeezing the life out of it like a helpless rabbit defense.  I want quarterbacks peeing down their legs and audibling out of pass plays because their ribs hurt too bad to breathe defense.

And I wish the NBA had just stayed locked out and run the whole friggin' league into the ground.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bwdial

Yeah... who wants to see a no-hitter or a perfect game?  Real fans want to see the bullpens emptied out by the seventh inning.  Oh, and lots of errors to keep things exciting. [/sarcasm]

I want defense.  Boa constrictor wrapping itself around an offense and squeezing the life out of it like a helpless rabbit defense.  I want quarterbacks peeing down their legs and audibling out of pass plays because their ribs hurt too bad to breathe defense.

And I wish the NBA had just stayed locked out and run the whole friggin' league into the ground.

No-hitters and perfect games are different. That's defense to the extreme which is fine.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

• 5 weeks later...

Their D was relentless!  They deserved this victory.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by Shot 1

Alabama....the "State" of football.

Or......Alabama...the "state" where we can rent a QB for one yr./win a title after getting a 2nd chance at a team that beat you on you own home field.   This statement is more appropriate.  Louisiana (my home), however has 4 Conference champs and the Saints.....so I believe Louisiana looks a lot better, regardless of Monday's performance by the flagship university.

Originally Posted by ElWagonne

Or......Alabama...the "state" where we can rent a QB for one yr./win a title after getting a 2nd chance at a team that beat you on you own home field.   This statement is more appropriate.  Louisiana (my home), however has 4 Conference champs and the Saints.....so I believe Louisiana looks a lot better, regardless of Monday's performance by the flagship university.

Sure LSU won the game in T-Town, but if it hadn't been for the missed field goals the results would have been the same as Monday night. And I'm not sure I would refer to a team that can't get across the 50 as a flagship, a dingy maybe, but not a flagship. No doubt LSU has a great team and they proved it all year, but they forgot to show up when it counted.

Best.  Defense.  EVER.

I was there for the game, and I doubt you could really see just how utterly dominant Alabama's defense was on television.  There simply was nowhere for Jefferson to go with the ball... on the ground OR in the air.  When we curbstomped Miami in the 1993 Sugar Bowl - as well as the BCS game with Texas - they were at least able to move the ball some.  This was just airtight.  I know a lot of LSU fans think Lee should have gotten in the game, but I'm pretty sure it would have just been uglier, as in more sacks and probably at least three picks.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by cruzthepug

Sure LSU won the game in T-Town, but if it hadn't been for the missed field goals the results would have been the same as Monday night. And I'm not sure I would refer to a team that can't get across the 50 as a flagship, a dingy maybe, but not a flagship. No doubt LSU has a great team and they proved it all year, but they forgot to show up when it counted.

LSU is the flagship only because they're the only school in Louisiana that's in the BcS Mafia (phrase trademarked by me).  Alabama's D was nasty though, I will agree

It's very hard to beat the same team twice in the same year especially when both are that good. I started getting a bad feeling for LSU when I watch them struggle in the first half with Georgia but either way it looks like a playoff might be on the way.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

That was a terrible situation for LSU. Should never have to beat a team twice to win the National Title.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

That was a terrible situation for LSU. Should never have to beat a team twice to win the National Title.

They only had to beat them once, but they just did it in the wrong order.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I wouldn't say it was a terrible situation for LSU. Sure it may be hard to beat the same team twice and having to play Alabama again is just the way the system works but if anyone should have had the advantage in the situation it was LSU. Basically getting to play a home game for the championship and having everyone except Bama fans hating Bama for being in the game. Problem is they didn't show up for the game, but like I said in a previous post, the game was nearly the same as last time, except Bama made the field goals and did not have the turnovers. If that had happened the first time, the result would have been the same as last Monday.

It wasn't that LSU didn't show up... it's just that Alabama made them wish they hadn't.

As for having to beat the same team twice in a season, in 1999 Alabama had to beat Florida a second time in the SEC Championship after getting out of The Swamp with a narrow victory.  The result?

A 34-7 beatdown.

If Mike Dubose can do it, it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility.

Note: This thread is 4481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!