IGNORED

Are you left handed?

camper6
Note: This thread is 4509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

i do everything i can think of left. the major issue i see as a golfer is the lack of stock options in a golf shop!!

That might be an advantage.  It will save you money in the long run.

Left handed here too.

L- writing, throwing, eating etc.

R- golf, batting

My dad couldnt show me how to do things lefty.....So he showed me how to bat and golf right handed.

Last week I had my first golf lesson thanks to my nephew and he said since Im left handed and golf righty I have an advantage.

I think he said it was because my left hand/arm is dominant.

Sun Mountain Four 5

Driver: Ping G5 10.5* regular

3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 15* regular

5 Wood: Callaway Steelhead 17.5* regular

Irons: Ping Eye 2 3-W and Eye 2 SW

Putter: Ping Anser 4

Balls: Titleist HP2 Tour

Shoes: Footjoy Contour and Adidas Adicomfort 2

Totally, completely, left-handed. Do nothing right-handed.

When I was a kid I tried to hit balls with my dad's right-handed 5-iron. Couldn't do it, so I would flip the club over, with the toe on the ground, and swing it left-handed. That worked.

A couple weeks back I wrote a story on my blog about being left-handed -

http://zipsclips.blogspot.com/2011/11/left-out.html

One of the things that I discovered re golf, is that left-handers can make good instructors. Why? Because they are the mirror image of a righty. They can face their right-handed student & take them thru the swing motions.

I also firmly believe leftys are more creative than rightys, simply because we have to be. This world is designed for right-handers.

Last thing. I used to hear often that I must like dogleg-left holes, the implication that I must slice. I would tell them no, I draw the ball. But I do like what I call 'slice putts' - putts that break right-to-left. Don't know why; I just see the line better for some reason.

Last thing. I used to hear often that I must like dogleg-left holes, the implication that I must slice. I would tell them no, I draw the ball. But I do like what I call 'slice putts' - putts that break right-to-left. Don't know why; I just see the line better for some reason.

I am left in golf as well and like the "hook" putts better than the "slice" putts for some reason.

I also have my putter face closed at address and impact and never knew it until someone pointed it out.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

One of the things that I discovered re golf, is that left-handers can make good instructors. Why? Because they are the mirror image of a righty. They can face their right-handed student & take them thru the swing motions.

Agree- I always thought it looked strange when a right handed instructor would swing lefty for me just because I was...Even when they had a good left handed swing, it looked strange.  This was highlighted to me when I did some video and the instructor flipped Adam Scott's swing so I could see it left handed- weird looking.  I like the way my swing looks in the mirror better than video.

OTOH, I think it confused my daughter at first when I told her to mirror me, but after a few tries, she seems pretty comfortable with it.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Writing-R

Throwing-R

Kicking Foot-R

Batting-L

Golf-L

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

Same for me, write, golf, bat and throw left handed, shoot RH, kick with my right foot and have established bowling averages with both right and left hands.

Originally Posted by Leftygolfer

I'm very left handed.

I write, golf, throw, bat LH.

But I do shoot a gun and bow RH.  The reason is I'm right eye dominant and can't close my right only.  Also, my vision is better in my right eye.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Me on the 16th tee at Half Moon Bay about 10 years ago. Drew it off that left bunker

Aha. Good setup.  Strong grip.  What happened from 10 years ago?

Awfully small head on that driver or was it a three wood?

Originally Posted by camper6

Me on the 16th tee at Half Moon Bay about 10 years ago. Drew it off that left bunker

Aha. Good setup.  Strong grip.  What happened from 10 years ago?

Awfully small head on that driver or was it a three wood?

Thanks. I tend to obsess with my setup...rarely pass a full-length mirror without doing the 'golf pose'. Drives people nuts.

No, it was a driver, circa 1993-ish when they were smaller heads, like 360cc. I'm up to a Nike Ignite 460cc now.

That grip was actually weakened from my younger days when everything was fore right. I used to interlock that made both hands too strong. Went to Vardon when I was like 28 years old which weakened my left hand.

Note: This thread is 4509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!