IGNORED

NYTimes piece on Yani Tseng

Note: This thread is 3437 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Bo the Golfer

Great Article. I think Yani is going to end up the best ever (male or female). It's a shame she'll never get the limelight she deserves.

The greatest ever, male or female? I don't see this happening but if it does I'm sure she will get the recognition she deserves.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have problem with name recognition and the golger, especilly with asians but also with europens and some young yanks.  Don't have trouble with Creamer, Gulbis.  Just more exposure. Tseng needs a better agent.

Originally Posted by bigoak

I have problem with name recognition and the golger, especilly with asians but also with europens and some young yanks.  Don't have trouble with Creamer, Gulbis.  Just more exposure. Tseng needs a better agent.

Maybe some big fake boobs will help her name get out there.

Originally Posted by MSchott

The greatest ever, male or female? I don't see this happening but if it does I'm sure she will get the recognition she deserves.

How could you not see this happening?  She won 11 times this year and at 22 she already has 5 majors.  What about this doesn't make you think she that she won't be the greatest ever?  I don't think she will get any recognition until she retires.

Originally Posted by Quinn07

How could you not see this happening?  She won 11 times this year and at 22 she already has 5 majors.  What about this doesn't make you think she that she won't be the greatest ever?  I don't think she will get any recognition until she retires.

I agree that she could be the greatest ever if you are referring to her respective, LPGA, sport.  I think Tiger could beat her though....but

But in terms of respective leagues, defiently could happen, those numbers are incredible.  Wouldnt suprise me one bit.

But in the end of the day......Who really cares about the LPGA                  (please dont get affended by this) more of a joke than anything...but still true lol

Originally Posted by Tiger90

I agree that she could be the greatest ever if you are referring to her respective, LPGA, sport.  I think Tiger could beat her though....but

But in terms of respective leagues, defiently could happen, those numbers are incredible.  Wouldnt suprise me one bit.

But in the end of the day......Who really cares about the LPGA                  (please dont get affended by this) more of a joke than anything...but still true lol

As you are clearly from a non-English speaking background, you probably don't really understand that the LPGA has a long history  - 60 years, in fact.

Just because it doesn't relate to your culture, it doesn't mean no-one cares about it. Perhaps not in your country, but Koreans and Americans do, I promise you that.

If ever you visit the United States you should go to a tournament. You might be surprised.

Probably the other 50% of the population, at least.

As you know in golf, just because you beat someone on any given day, week, whatever, doesn't necessarily mean you are a better player.  In golf someones success is heavily weighted on the number of majors they have won.  I think Yani will have more majors than any other pro golfer (female or male) when her career is done.

Great Article. I think Yani is going to end up the best ever (male or female). It's a shame she'll never get the limelight she deserves.

She may have a better record than Tiger, but it'll be against other women. It's hard to believe that, person vs person, she'll be the best player. If Tiger, Phil, or any other big name male played the women's tournaments, they would probably be racking up wins like crazy, even from a young age.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Shorty

As you are clearly from a non-English speaking background, you probably don't really understand that the LPGA has a long history  - 60 years, in fact.

Just because it doesn't relate to your culture, it doesn't mean no-one cares about it. Perhaps not in your country, but Koreans and Americans do, I promise you that.

If ever you visit the United States you should go to a tournament. You might be surprised.

lol, Im from Toronto hahha.  I was just joking buddy, all i was getting at is that i enjoy watching the PGA way more than LPGA...don't read too much into it

Originally Posted by Quinn07

As you know in golf, just because you beat someone on any given day, week, whatever, doesn't necessarily mean you are a better player.  In golf someones success is heavily weighted on the number of majors they have won.  I think Yani will have more majors than any other pro golfer (female or male) when her career is done.

I totally agree, winning under pressure is a very big part of golf. Because as we all know golf is 90% mental and the other 10% is mental.  To be the best, you have to beat the best in the most pressure situations, which are majors.  I think she will too....

lol, Im from Toronto hahha.  I was just joking buddy, all i was getting at is that i enjoy watching the PGA way more than LPGA...don't read too much into it

How is writing like that "joking"?

Why would you want people to think that you can't write in English?

Fair enough if you are French Canadian, I suppose. Sorry if French is your main language.

Note: This thread is 3437 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!