IGNORED

Great Golf Instruction Tips, Videos and Articles

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This thread is absolutely fantastic!!

There are, however, some "private" videos I can't watch. is there any way to acces them??

Nope. Sadly, it means the people who originally uploaded them have removed access.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Liam84

This thread is absolutely fantastic!!

There are, however, some "private" videos I can't watch. is there any way to acces them??

Yeah seems Joe made those private.  It was talking about Trackman terminology mostly

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by Kapanda

As a beginner, how do you know what advice to listen to and what advice not to listen to?

Great question.  All the instructors in this thread have an understanding of the correct ball flight laws and the basic geometry of the swing.  The short answer is: if the instructor believes that the ball starts in the direction the face is pointing at impact then they are worth listening to.

Check out this thread http://thesandtrap.com/t/55426/introducing-five-simple-keys

It's a good,simple summary of what an efficient swing is all about.  The information is based on research and facts, not regurgitating the same general swing advice we hear all the time on Golf Channel or read in golf magazines.  So I guess that would also be part of my answer, listen to instruction that is based on real data of how the body moves in a 3D space, what tour players actually do and how and why the ball flies the way it does.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by mvmac

Great question.  All the instructors in this thread have an understanding of the correct ball flight laws and the basic geometry of the swing.  The short answer is: if the instructor believes that the ball starts in the direction the face is pointing at impact then they are worth listening to.

Check out this thread http://thesandtrap.com/t/55426/introducing-five-simple-keys

It's a good,simple summary of what an efficient swing is all about.  The information is based on research and facts, not regurgitating the same general swing advice we hear all the time on Golf Channel or read in golf magazines.  So I guess that would also be part of my answer, listen to instruction that is based on real data of how the body moves in a 3D space, what tour players actually do and how and why the ball flies the way it does.

Just saw your reply, really appreciate this!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by outlaw1984

the last video you posted is private is there any way you can fix this?

No, he can't. Only the original person who put it on YouTube can.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by outlaw1984

the last video you posted is private is there any way you can fix this?

That's odd, obviously wasn't private when I watched it yesterday.  I edited the post and inserted another video from Martin

Mike McLoughlin

• 3 weeks later...

mvmac - The second part of the above Bender video - what do you think of the drills? They seem pretty good to me.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Do you think thats right, that the body only gives you 10 extra yards in the golf swing.. So does that mean the body gives control while the hands give speed, would that be the best description?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by nevets88

mvmac - The second part of the above Bender video - what do you think of the drills? They seem pretty good to me.

I like throwing the ball more than the other two, I don't like what his body was doing when he was doing the second "swoosh" drill under his arm.  I'd rather see someone throw the ball just past where the ball would be on the ground, but that's a small difference.

The reason I posted the first video is because I think there can be too much of an emphasis on moving the torso in a way that moves the arms because it's popular to talk about the big muscles controlling the swing.  A lot of fear out there with getting too "handsy".  Can lead to players having their arms lag behind their pivot.  I was just telling my son yesterday to feel more "karate chop" to speed up his arms from the top of the backswing to impact.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 1562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!