IGNORED

Taking golf clubs on Amtrak east coast trains

Note: This thread is 3521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last weekend, I took the Amtrak from Newport News up to Washington to watch the Army-Navy game with my dad.  It cost as much as a tank of gas to and from there + 20 per trip to upgrade to busines class.  Playing Angry Birds for 4 hours beats the living shit out of fighting traffic up I-95 and the Beltway.  That being said, I was thinking about getting up to Bethpage next summer taking the train.

I remember in the station at Newport News, it said that golf bags were banned from being brought on board because the east coast trains (the ones that run between Boston and here) don't have baggage cars.  Does anyone have experience being able to sneak your golf clubs on an Amtrak regional train?  If so, please let me know.

Originally Posted by cougar978

Last weekend, I took the Amtrak from Newport News up to Washington to watch the Army-Navy game with my dad.  It cost as much as a tank of gas to and from there + 20 per trip to upgrade to busines class.  Playing Angry Birds for 4 hours beats the living shit out of fighting traffic up I-95 and the Beltway.  That being said, I was thinking about getting up to Bethpage next summer taking the train.

I remember in the station at Newport News, it said that golf bags were banned from being brought on board because the east coast trains (the ones that run between Boston and here) don't have baggage cars.  Does anyone have experience being able to sneak your golf clubs on an Amtrak regional train?  If so, please let me know.

Tried it 2 times when my girlfriend still lived in jersey but only once was successful. The first time I got them on no problem but it's a real pain because they take up so much room. The second time I got caught and had to put them back in the car because golf bags are not permitted. Honestly though it was not even worth taking them time I did get them on because it was just a pain since there is no cargo room. I had them on the seat next to me but the train was pretty empty if it was full there would be no way you could get them on there.

Note: This thread is 3521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!