IGNORED

TaylorMade Introduces RocketBallz Driver, Fairway Woods and Rescues!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the name actually get's me excited and wanting to try it ... great marketing for a potentially great product

Titleist AP2 KBS, Vokey Spinmilled, Ping G2, Odessey backstrike

Originally Posted by oO J4M3S Oo

There doesn't seem to be much difference between the normal version and the tour version. I'm guessing the shorter shaft makes it more accurate but what does the deeper face do?

Perhaps puts the COG higher behind the face for a more forward flight?

Titleist AP2 KBS, Vokey Spinmilled, Ping G2, Odessey backstrike

Last Friday myself and the assistant pro at my local course, who is a good friend, took the RBZ 3 wood out to see what all the fuss was about.Well ill be honest with you and say i was pretty shocked...

I've never really bought into the whole "15+ yards, 25+ yards" stuff Taylormade has thrown out over the years but after seeing the results on the launch monitor it was crazy!

So Elliott (the assistant pro.. he just recently started PGA, 3 time club champion +1.3 handicap when he turned pro, a very good golfer) takes his own 3W, a Titleist 906F i believe, S flex shaft 15deg and hits 5 balls into the paddock.. The carry ranges where 218, 220, 227, 219, 224 so lets say average around 222yards carry. The RBZ, 15deg Loft, stiff shaft he hit at 248, 250, 245, 259, 241... safe to say even he was gobsmacked.

Matt the full PGA pro hit both once and had roughly a 15yard increase in distance!

I've always disliked Taylormade to be 100% honest but i might make an exception for this 3W! haha

909 D2 10.5º S-Flex   RBZ 3W 15º S-Flex

909h 19º S-Flex

G15 (4-6) i15 (7-PW) Project X Rifle 5.5  52º, 56º & 58º

California Del Mar 34"     Pro-V1

"Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic"

Originally Posted by QuazerSKITS

Last Friday myself and the assistant pro at my local course, who is a good friend, took the RBZ 3 wood out to see what all the fuss was about.Well ill be honest with you and say i was pretty shocked...

I've never really bought into the whole "15+ yards, 25+ yards" stuff Taylormade has thrown out over the years but after seeing the results on the launch monitor it was crazy!

So Elliott (the assistant pro.. he just recently started PGA, 3 time club champion +1.3 handicap when he turned pro, a very good golfer) takes his own 3W, a Titleist 906F i believe, S flex shaft 15deg and hits 5 balls into the paddock.. The carry ranges where 218, 220, 227, 219, 224 so lets say average around 222yards carry. The RBZ, 15deg Loft, stiff shaft he hit at 248, 250, 245, 259, 241... safe to say even he was gobsmacked.

Matt the full PGA pro hit both once and had roughly a 15yard increase in distance!

I've always disliked Taylormade to be 100% honest but i might make an exception for this 3W! haha

Thanks for sharing... I agree that I've been hearing unbelievable hype around the new RBZ 3W.  Quick question... Were you hitting the RBZ 'Tour' 15* 3W?  Or just the standard RBZ 15* 3W?  I have the 'Tour' version on order with my fitter, but he won't receive it in from TM until 3-15. :(

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am going to golftown on the 23rd to try one of these things against my Nickent.

I will report back!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Thanks for sharing... I agree that I've been hearing unbelievable hype around the new RBZ 3W.  Quick question... Were you hitting the RBZ 'Tour' 15* 3W?  Or just the standard RBZ 15* 3W?  I have the 'Tour' version on order with my fitter, but he won't receive it in from TM until 3-15. :(

It was the standard RBZ... 15* S-Flex stock Taylormade shaft, off the shelf.

So whats the difference in "Tour" spec? shaft options and a smaller head is it?

909 D2 10.5º S-Flex   RBZ 3W 15º S-Flex

909h 19º S-Flex

G15 (4-6) i15 (7-PW) Project X Rifle 5.5  52º, 56º & 58º

California Del Mar 34"     Pro-V1

"Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic"

Originally Posted by QuazerSKITS

It was the standard RBZ... 15* S-Flex stock Taylormade shaft, off the shelf.

So whats the difference in "Tour" spec? shaft options and a smaller head is it?

RBZ 3W............ 197cc........... 15*................ Matrix XCON 5 shaft

RBZ Tour 3W..... 172cc........... 14.5*............. Matrix XCON 7 or RUL 70 shaft

RBZ Tour TS...... 171cc........... 13*................ Matrix XCON 7 or RUL 70 shaft

I ordered the Tour 3W with the XCON 7 S shaft (76g, 2.9 torque) which promotes a high launch and low spin.

Unfortunately, according to my fitter, he said TM isn't going to have it ready until around 3-15.

I just hit the 22 degree R shaft rescue. I don't buy the hype for a lot of clubs, but this thing was ridiculous. It was very forgiving, high launch angle and yes, much more distance. This thing lives up to the marketing, it's going in my bag.

Originally Posted by oO J4M3S Oo

Thanks, anyone else know the difference between the normal version and the tour version.

For which RBZ club?  Driver, Fairway or Rescue?

Quote:

Thanks, anyone else know the difference between the normal version and the tour version.

Most of the differences are in the shafts that come with the Tour clubs.  For players that have higher swing speeds and usually want a lower spinning option.  For the driver the Tour is more compact looking, has a deeper face and is 1/4" shorter.  The Tour fairway is more compact and has less offset.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

For which RBZ club?  Driver, Fairway or Rescue?

Driver, I hit the normal version last week and I was really impressed. I will try the tour version next week as well as some other new drivers. The shorter shaft is appealing to me as I'm not the tallest person.

I had a chance to try most of the 2012 TM clubs today at my home range, where I'm very familiar with the yardages. I liked the RBZ Tour 3 wood with the XCON7 a lot -- sets up very well, stable and controllable with a nice, solid sound. Very competent club. I did not find it any longer than my current fairway -- which is also a .83 COR head -- although to be fair, 14.5 degrees isn't enough loft for my swing and ball speed so I was probably dropping a few yards of carry right there. Didn't like the hybrids at all, felt dead. Similar thing with the R11S TP (Phenom) -- hit it fine, ball got out there fine, but generally unsatisfying sound and feedback. Slightly preferred the RBZ Tour driver with the HD6 overall, but again nothing to blow my skirts up. Irons went dead straight and felt approximately like hitting a tennis ball with a two-by-four.

The end.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

i visited my local golf galaxy to try these out in comparison to my current driver (R11, non-TP and 9* stiff) and fairway wood (callaway diablo edge tour, stiff) with the RBZ line. here are my comparisons I apologize now as i didn't get swing speed nor spin rate (realized this when i got to the counter) i hit 12 balls with each club, drivers first, 3w's after:

Drivers:
R11 9*, Fujikura Blur 60  stiff
avg distance carry: 268.1
avg distance total: 275.8

avg ball speed: 151.2

avg launch angle: 13* (didn't show tenths)

Longest Drive - 286

RBZ Tour 9*, Aldila RIP Beta 60 stiff

avg distance carry: 274.0
avg distance total: 287.9

avg ball speed: 154.7

Longest Drive - 294

3W:

Callaway Diablo Edge Tour, stock shaft stiff

avg distance carry: 261.2
avg distance total: 269.9

RBZ Tour, stock shaft stiff

avg distance carry: 266.7
avg distance total: 274.5

I ended up deciding on the RBZ driver since i was really only looking to get one club and i'd much rather take longer off the tee and get the 3W later if I really wanted the extra 4-5 yards. I felt like the RBZ was lighter in the head than the R11 and could've accounted for the extra ball speed but, all things considered it was a solid distance longer than the R11 and the feeling on pured tee shots was awesome. The upgraded shaft in the one i purchased was no charge (HUGE bonus), and i was surprised to hear the other ones they offered at no charge as well. I have to say in regards to the 3W, it was solid, definitely has a hotter face than my cally, but still not enough at this point to jump on it. As for their 17 yards longer claim...guess i'm not the 'better' golfer

Hope this helps anyone interested.

-Paul

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by mvmac

Quote:

Most of the differences are in the shafts that come with the Tour clubs.  For players that have higher swing speeds and usually want a lower spinning option.  For the driver the Tour is more compact looking, has a deeper face and is 1/4" shorter.  The Tour fairway is more compact and has less offset.

Thanks for the info, I'll try them both next week and I'll see which comes out on top.

i visited my local golf galaxy to try these out in comparison to my current driver (R11, non-TP and 9* stiff) and fairway wood (callaway diablo edge tour, stiff) with the RBZ line. here are my comparisons I apologize now as i didn't get swing speed nor spin rate (realized this when i got to the counter) i hit 12 balls with each clubdriversrs first, 3w's after:

Drivers:
R11 9*, Fujikura Blur 60  stiff
avg distance carry: 268.1
avg distance total: 275.8

avg ball speed: 151.2

Longest Drive - 286

RBZ Tour 9*, Aldila RIP Beta 60 stiff

avg distance carry: 274.0
avg distance total: 287.9

avg ball speed: 154.7

Longest Drive - 294

3W:

Callaway Diablo Edge Tour, stock shaft stiff

avg distance carry: 261.2
avg distance total: 269.9

RBZ Tour, stock shaft stiff

avg distance carry: 266.7
avg distance total: 274.5

I ended up deciding on the RBZ driver since i was really only looking to get one club and i'd much rather take longer off the tee and get the 3W later if I really wanted the extra 4-5 yards. I felt like the RBZ was lighter in the head than the R11 and could've accounted for the extra ball speed but, all things considered it was a solid distance longer than the R11 and the feeling on pured tee shots was awesome. The upgraded shaft in the one i purchased was no charge (HUGE bonus), and i was surprised to hear the other ones they offered at no charge as well. I have to say in regards to the 3W, it was solid, definitely has a hotter face than my cally, but still not enough at this point to jump on it. As for their 17 yards longer claim...guess i'm not the 'better' golfer

Hope this helps anyone interested.

-Paul

On the RBZ Tour 3W. Which shaft did you try? The Xcon 7 or the RUL 70?

The XCON7 as the RUL 70 is in the TP version and they didn't have it (yet, as i was told)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 4358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!