IGNORED

TaylorMade Introduces RocketBallz Driver, Fairway Woods and Rescues!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My long irons, hybrid and fairways are low trajectory. It's a swing flaw I believe. Hoping tomorrow to get it identified and fixed. But yeah it is a concern. For sure.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On Thursday I compared the RBZ 3 against my Ping 4. Today Callaway X 3 and Cobra 3.

Avg. yardage:

Callaway 220-230 but felt the best and straightest.

Cobra 225-235 with the longest single shot (250) but also felt the worst and the least straight.

TM RBZ 230-240 good feel, sound but a little fade. I didn't hit it as well as on Thursday but isn't that always the case 2nd time around.

So I didn't get 17 extra yards, maybe 10 but do I need a 3 wood to go 240 when my driver average is 250-265?

I'll stick with my current setup for now, even, equal, and workable gaps & distances.

I did hit the RBZ driver today against my R11. Distances were really close to each other but the RBZ felt better, sounded better, and was DEAD STRAIGHT. My R11 has been acting up all month (slice), that's why the G10 is back in my bag.

While I am not in dire need of any clubs right now, TM definitely has two of their best offerings ever in the RBZ line.

David

Originally Posted by mvmac

I'm pretty sure it's stainless

My club fitter had dinner with a Taylor Made VP who has a hand in the design of the clubs -- he said the Rescues do have a Carpenter Steel 455 face. After he told me, I traveled to the PGA Tour Superstore and picked up a RBZ Rescue -- yes, the feel was more direct and light - like 455 CS.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

i was thinking the same thing, my rbz driver has been straight, pull or push, no curve until today. i was able to shape some nice draws FINALLY today

Originally Posted by dmnoland

On Thursday I compared the RBZ 3 against my Ping 4. Today Callaway X 3 and Cobra 3.

Avg. yardage:

Callaway 220-230 but felt the best and straightest.

Cobra 225-235 with the longest single shot (250) but also felt the worst and the least straight.

TM RBZ 230-240 good feel, sound but a little fade. I didn't hit it as well as on Thursday but isn't that always the case 2nd time around.

So I didn't get 17 extra yards, maybe 10 but do I need a 3 wood to go 240 when my driver average is 250-265?

I'll stick with my current setup for now, even, equal, and workable gaps & distances.

I did hit the RBZ driver today against my R11. Distances were really close to each other but the RBZ felt better, sounded better, and was DEAD STRAIGHT. My R11 has been acting up all month (slice), that's why the G10 is back in my bag.

While I am not in dire need of any clubs right now, TM definitely has two of their best offerings ever in the RBZ line.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

My club fitter had dinner with a Taylor Made VP who has a hand in the design of the clubs -- he said the Rescues do have a Carpenter Steel 455 face. After he told me, I traveled to the PGA Tour Superstore and picked up a RBZ Rescue -- yes, the feel was more direct and light - like 455 CS.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.  Just the Rescue?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 3 weeks later...

Played my first 18 of the season with my new RBZ driver and 3W.  Up until i started to get tired 16 and 17 the ball flight was dead straight and there was some good distance gain.  I am glad I made these purchases now that I can see real results just not the launch monitor results.

I pulled the 15degree 3-wood with stiff shaft out of my buddy's bag this weekend and hit it for the first time....and the ball explodes off the clubface. I went out the same afternoon and bought one for myself! I, too, was skeptical of the hype, but I can tell you from experience that the distance gain is incredible!

Originally Posted by mvmac

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.  Just the Rescue?

I was only interested in the Rescue, but I would assume the fairways have the same face construction. If the feel is more direct/lively, that's a good indication.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 1 month later...

The truth,i swapped my 909 d2 for the RBX,10.5 stock stiff xcon 5 shaft.took it to the range and cut every shot 15 to 20 yrds right,blamed this on poor range balls and badly positioned tees?lol.Took her on the course proper yesterday and after slowing down the 105mph swing hit it like a dream,to be honest length wise saw no significant gains but accuracy was something else,13 out of 14 fairways will do for me,shes a keeper(as long as i remember to slow it down);-)

Maybe I am not good enough to see any gains but the 3W I tested went less distance than my Adams.  The 3 hybrid was about the same as my current Adams 3h.  They certainly felt hotter off the face but I could see no point in changing clubs for me.

H/Cap- 25
West End Golf Club Halifax

I just got back from picking up my RBZ Tour 3W (14.5*) with the Xcon 7 stiff shaft. Wow... I was hitting it 250+ off the deck according to Trackman. I'll post some photos shortly.

Glad it's working out for you, I couldn't hit the damn thing off the deck at all, really struggled with it. It may have been the shaft, fitted for a regular flex, driver MPH is between 90-95. I ended up swapping it out for a Adams Super Hybrid 15 degree, AMZAZING golf club, so easy to get up in the air and really long. I love the shaft, just the stock one regular flex, but performing much better for me then the RBZ 3 wood, weird. I have a shallow attack angle, a picker, maybe that's it but the Adams just works for me. As an aside, how do you like your MP-59's? I just ordered some from RD Santa Ana, 1/2 over GS95 Reg. 3 degrees up. The look at address is stunning, hit em' good indoors can't wait to game them!

Note: This thread is 4337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!