IGNORED

TaylorMade Introduces RocketBallz Driver, Fairway Woods and Rescues!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[QUOTE][/QUOTE][quote name="Gioguy21" url="/t/54752/taylormade-introduces-rocketballz-driver-fairway-woods-and-rescues/36#post_678338"]

The XCON7 as the RUL 70 is in the TP version and they didn't have it (yet, as i was told)

[/quote] The RBZ line doesn't brand a TP club. It's either RBZ, or RBZ Tour. In the RBZ 3W, they use the XCON5. The RBZ Tour 3W you can order it from TM with the XCON7 or the RUL 70. Both shafts fall under the RBZ Tour.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

i visited my local golf galaxy to try these out in comparison to my current driver (R11, non-TP and 9* stiff) and fairway wood (callaway diablo edge tour, stiff) with the RBZ line. here are my comparisons I apologize now as i didn't get swing speed nor spin rate (realized this when i got to the counter) i hit 12 balls with each club, drivers first, 3w's after:

Drivers:

R11 9*, Fujikura Blur 60  stiff

avg distance carry: 268.1

avg distance total: 275.8

avg ball speed: 151.2

avg launch angle: 13* (didn't show tenths)

Longest Drive - 286

RBZ Tour 9*, Aldila RIP Beta 60 stiff

avg distance carry: 274.0

avg distance total: 287.9

avg ball speed: 154.7

avg launch angle: 13* (didn't show tenths)

Longest Drive - 294

3W:

Callaway Diablo Edge Tour, stock shaft stiff

avg distance carry: 261.2

avg distance total: 269.9

RBZ Tour, stock shaft stiff

avg distance carry: 266.7

avg distance total: 274.5

I ended up deciding on the RBZ driver since i was really only looking to get one club and i'd much rather take longer off the tee and get the 3W later if I really wanted the extra 4-5 yards. I felt like the RBZ was lighter in the head than the R11 and could've accounted for the extra ball speed but, all things considered it was a solid distance longer than the R11 and the feeling on pured tee shots was awesome. The upgraded shaft in the one i purchased was no charge (HUGE bonus), and i was surprised to hear the other ones they offered at no charge as well. I have to say in regards to the 3W, it was solid, definitely has a hotter face than my cally, but still not enough at this point to jump on it. As for their 17 yards longer claim...guess i'm not the 'better' golfer

Hope this helps anyone interested.

-Paul

Thanks for great info!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Quote:
The RBZ line doesn't brand a TP club. It's either RBZ, or RBZ Tour. In the RBZ 3W, they use the XCON5. The RBZ Tour 3W you can order it from TM with the XCON7 or the RUL 70. Both shafts fall under the RBZ Tour.

beach, see below:

RBZ Tour TP http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/40894/refScid/1086/sattr0/Gender/sattrVal0/mens

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Went to the golf store today and hit all the new drivers, the RBZ,  RZR fit, i20, R11s, and Nike VRs. I hit all in 10.5 degree loft with the stock stiff shafts except the R11s as they only had a 12 degree head (it is a smaller store that lets you borrow the demo's for a day or two).

In terms of comparison with the others, I found the RBZ to be the longest by about 5-10 yards although this is most likely due to the longer shaft. The rest were all within 5 yards of each other.  In terms of feel/sound, I have never been a fan of the feel of TM drivers and once again found them (the RBZ and R11s) to have a dead feel with little feedback. The i20 had the best feel/sound and without question is the best looking club of the bunch.

I also took a few swings with the RBZ 3W 15deg to see if it was as long as rumor has it.  First swing put it out at 270 with an 11 degree launch angle. I thought there had to be something wrong with the launch monitor so I teed up another and got a similar result. Not sure how the launch angle was coming in 4 degrees less than the loft of the club but thats what the computer kept spitting out. Not sure if I have any use for a 3W that is only 20 yards less than my driver but the RBZ 3W was definitely long (or so the computer says).

beach, see below:

RBZ Tour TP http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/40894/refScid/1086/sattr0/Gender/sattrVal0/mens

I'm confused... I don't see any TP branding on the RBZ line on any of the official TaylorMade sites.  I know they are offering upgraded shaft options in the Tour product... But I haven't seen anything with RBZ Tour TP - except on various retail sites like you linked above.

TaylorMade should have an RBZ Tour TP badge if so... And I haven't seen it on anything.  The only thing I see is the following: logo_173_RocketballzTour.png

there's no branding of the TP on the club, is it really THAT important? they're listed as a TP on multiple sites and at a higher price point due to the increase in the upgraded shaft. why so "tp" driven?

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Sorry, I just wanted to make sure I was'nt ordering the wrong club. I have the RBZ Tour 3W with the XCON 7 stiff shaft on order. If there was a TP badge or a different club, I wanted to see its specs is all.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Sorry, I just wanted to make sure I was'nt ordering the wrong club. I have the RBZ Tour 3W with the XCON 7 stiff shaft on order. If there was a TP badge or a different club, I wanted to see its specs is all.

from what i've heard, the Tour and TP heads are the same, just the differences in shaft offerings at the given prices.

• Upvote 1

from what i've heard, the Tour and TP heads are the same, just the differences in shaft offerings at the given prices.

That usually seems to be the case with the TP models from Taylormade...  Usually they have the stock shaft and then the TP model has the "real" or better version of the same shaft as well as numerous other shaft offerings.  For example, the R11 came with the Fuji Blur shaft where the TP had a "real" (i.e. not a "made for") Blur shaft; you could also get the R11 TP with a number of other premium shafts (usually for an up charge) including the RIP and Ahina among others.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Yeah makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.  3-15 can't get here soon enough...

• Upvote 1

Went to try (buy) #3 fairway. Started off stock regular, launch monitor showed big high slices. Tried the stiff lower launch but still big slices. Side spin was off the charts showing 1500+. Really wanted that club to work. Feeling a bit low, was coaxed into trying Callaway Razr X Black stock stiff by club fitter. Club was heavier than RBZ setup nice and bang straight down the middle and long. Monitor showed side spin of around 85-115 repeatedly. The extra weight on the razr feels better to me. And to top it off it was cheaper. Very happy outcome.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Yeah makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.  3-15 can't get here soon enough...

mine is supposed to ship February 28th (bumped up from March 5th) so i'm drooling waiting for it. it's worse than christmas bc you already know what you got!

i also wanted to make a note, for those of you who want an R11s with an upgraded shaft, from what i've been told and seen, Taylormade hasnt' been making the upgraded R11s shafts with the actual R11s or R11 graphics on it but rather, you would get an R11s and it would have the upgraded shaft you've selected however, it would include RBZ graphics. i've seen with my own two eyes from two of the guys in my office who ordered theirs early. don't know how this bodes well for TM since it made them both very unhappy...

mine is supposed to ship February 28th (bumped up from March 5th) so i'm drooling waiting for it. it's worse than christmas bc you already know what you got!

Hahaha, tell me about it.  I'm stocking my fitter emailing and calling him once a week for an update on shipment! :D

Not sure why, but I always hit my 5 wood longer than my 3 wood. Loft maybe? Picked up the rbz 3 HL ( 17*) . I'm hitting this thing 260- 270. I hit my driver 280 - 290 tops with much less accuracy. I can see this club replacing my driver altogether. Is a driver worth 20 more yards?The rbz fairways are long.

Originally Posted by James Switlyk

Not sure why, but I always hit my 5 wood longer than my 3 wood. Loft maybe? Picked up the rbz 3 HL ( 17*) . I'm hitting this thing 260- 270. I hit my driver 280 - 290 tops with much less accuracy. I can see this club replacing my driver altogether. Is a driver worth 20 more yards?The rbz fairways are long.

Are the 3 wood and 5 wood the same model of club?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 4358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!