Jump to content
IGNORED

Jeff Overton Arrested for Yelling out of Limo


Note: This thread is 3397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

All I said was that I found it funny he went so far with the celebration, I said nothing about wanting him to be like a robot. Even Jeff Overton starting laughing at the celebration at the end of that clip.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed if I remember well that eagle was to go from 2 to 1 down... Compare this with the G-Mac celebration @ the 16th and you will see why... (imho)

Originally Posted by deasy55

All I said was that it was the most over the top celebration I have ever seen in golf (which it is)



Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by deasy55

Even Jeff Overton starting laughing at the celebration at the end of that clip.


Exactly. He realised that both he and Bubba had gone a little bit too far and the nervous giggle at the end of the clip proves that.

We don't want robots on the course, nor do we want professionals acting like drunken sorority kids.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

Quote:

Originally Posted by deasy55

Even Jeff Overton starting laughing at the celebration at the end of that clip.

Exactly. He realised that both he and Bubba had gone a little bit too far and the nervous giggle at the end of the clip proves that.

We don't want robots on the course, nor do we want professionals acting like drunken sorority kids.



Well we sure do apparently (those of us on this side of the pond).

I don't care what Overton does. He's a vanilla person playing a vanilla sport. The only things that really stood out to me were NBC's witch hunt over Sun Mountain's rain suits, and the ridiculous clothing the US team was forced to wear. Kudos to Tiger for having the brains to wear rain pants.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by deasy55

All I said was that it was the most over the top celebration I have ever seen in golf (which it is)


You can't tell me you weren't at least trying to imply that there was something wrong with it. You did call him "a plank" after all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah but you see over this side of the pond, calling somebody something as silly as a plank is a form of endearment. Stop looking for something that isn't there.

Originally Posted by Dave H

You can't tell me you weren't at least trying to imply that there was something wrong with it. You did call him "a plank" after all.



Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by deasy55

Ah but you see over this side of the pond, calling somebody something as silly as a plank is a form of endearment. Stop looking for something that isn't there.



If you say so. And I'm not looking for anything, merely disagreed with your opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh so it wasn't a golfer that publicly stated it at all....it was a forum poster that posted it on a forum discussion. Hardly the same thing, Grumpy-ter?

Originally Posted by Grumpter

Quote:

The guy who started this thread.



Link to post
Share on other sites


Quote:

Oh so it wasn't a golfer that publicly stated it at all....it was a forum poster that posted it on a forum discussion. Hardly the same thing, Grumpy-ter?


I suppose I could be under the false assumption that Shorty is a golfer but I'm gonna go with it is more likely that my assumption that you assumed I was quoting a Professional golfer is the right assumption (that's a mouthful). Is there a reason to excuse such a statement just because it was said on a forum by someone who is not a professional golfer? I don't see it that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Grumpter

Quote:

I suppose I could be under the false assumption that Shorty is a golfer but I'm gonna go with it is more likely that my assumption that you assumed I was quoting a Professional golfer is the right assumption (that's a mouthful). Is there a reason to excuse such a statement just because it was said on a forum by someone who is not a professional golfer? I don't see it that way.

I tried to ignored your comment before, but it would be reasonable to ridicule an adult who believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny as well, so you'd probably be better off keeping your moralistic nonsense to yourself, lest you expose yourself even more. You brought it up, not me. If you want to believe in things that aren't true, fine. But don't expect people to take you seriously.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Shorty

I tried to ignored your comment before, but it would be reasonable to ridicule an adult who believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny as well, so you'd probably be better off keeping your moralistic nonsense to yourself, lest you expose yourself even more. You brought it up, not me. If you want to believe in things that aren't true, fine. But don't expect people to take you seriously.


Sorry Sparky... I'm an Atheist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • I've hit a few which I have found and they didn't impress me with anything outstanding. Other than it's designed for the budget minded golfer versus a player who wants a better performance ball. IMO, some players typically try various products, while others are set in their ways. Most better players are typically reluctant to switch ball brands under any circumstances. I'll curse at my buddy who's a Bridgestone Rep who throws the tour ball at me when we golf together. I never liked the "feel or the fact it will not stop downwind very well", but have played them and scored very well. Like they say "It's never the Indian, so it must be the arrow"  😁
    • Next time you see someone on a c*****v****e "news" program pose this question EXACTLY as you have (funny that), ask yourself why they simply pose the "question" as a "talking point" or rhetorical question. They will NEVER ask the question and then go to someone who can actually it - as people on this site can easily do. You'll just see a row of people smugly nodding their heads and smiling as if it' sa "gotcha" question. Problem is, they know that if someone was allowed to answer it, they'd be seen for what they really are. You will NEVER see famous TV  personality X say: "If a person is worried about getting COVID, and they get the vaccine, the vaccine protects them, correct?  Then why should they be concerned if I didn't get the vaccine? Here's expert Y to answer that question."
    • Mattm16... by any chance does the "16" that follows your moniker refer to your age?  If so, that could explain a lot.  I was cocky, sure of myself, hardheaded and knew much, much more than everyone who was older than me when I was 16.
    • Exactly - the notion that opinions deserve "equal time" seems pervasive.  If 99.9% of credible scientists believe something and 3% of people with no education "think" something (with nothing to back them up) they demand that their "opinion" be respected. Without any sense of irony, @mattm16 acknowledges that he "thinks" certain things but cannot justify them. He actually said the following - could there possibly be a more anit-intellectual admission? "I don't have facts to back up what I think.  I just think certain ways."  @mattm16 2021  
    • "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Adlamb
      Adlamb
      (46 years old)
    2. Baba
      Baba
      (45 years old)
    3. Healup
      Healup
      (49 years old)
    4. SophieWaggner83
      SophieWaggner83
      (38 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...