IGNORED

Jeff Overton Arrested for Yelling out of Limo

Shorty
Note: This thread is 4473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All I said was that I found it funny he went so far with the celebration, I said nothing about wanting him to be like a robot. Even Jeff Overton starting laughing at the celebration at the end of that clip.

Agreed if I remember well that eagle was to go from 2 to 1 down... Compare this with the G-Mac celebration @ the 16th and you will see why... (imho)

Originally Posted by deasy55

All I said was that it was the most over the top celebration I have ever seen in golf (which it is)

Even Jeff Overton starting laughing at the celebration at the end of that clip.

Exactly. He realised that both he and Bubba had gone a little bit too far and the nervous giggle at the end of the clip proves that.

We don't want robots on the course, nor do we want professionals acting like drunken sorority kids.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

Quote:

Even Jeff Overton starting laughing at the celebration at the end of that clip.

Exactly. He realised that both he and Bubba had gone a little bit too far and the nervous giggle at the end of the clip proves that.

We don't want robots on the course, nor do we want professionals acting like drunken sorority kids.

Well we sure do apparently (those of us on this side of the pond).

I don't care what Overton does. He's a vanilla person playing a vanilla sport. The only things that really stood out to me were NBC's witch hunt over Sun Mountain's rain suits, and the ridiculous clothing the US team was forced to wear. Kudos to Tiger for having the brains to wear rain pants.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

All I said was that it was the most over the top celebration I have ever seen in golf (which it is)

You can't tell me you weren't at least trying to imply that there was something wrong with it. You did call him "a plank" after all.

Ah but you see over this side of the pond, calling somebody something as silly as a plank is a form of endearment. Stop looking for something that isn't there.

Originally Posted by Dave H

You can't tell me you weren't at least trying to imply that there was something wrong with it. You did call him "a plank" after all.

Ah but you see over this side of the pond, calling somebody something as silly as a plank is a form of endearment. Stop looking for something that isn't there.

If you say so. And I'm not looking for anything, merely disagreed with your opinion.

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

He's arrested, sergio drowns a club... And John Daly shoots a great round in Thailand with no trouble. LOL

Full moon?

• Upvote 1

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by Grumpter

At least he's not the golfer who publicly stated "Of course people who beieve in God should be ridiculed".

Who said that?

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Oh so it wasn't a golfer that publicly stated it at all....it was a forum poster that posted it on a forum discussion. Hardly the same thing, Grumpy-ter?

Quote:

The guy who started this thread.

Quote:

Oh so it wasn't a golfer that publicly stated it at all....it was a forum poster that posted it on a forum discussion. Hardly the same thing, Grumpy-ter?

I suppose I could be under the false assumption that Shorty is a golfer but I'm gonna go with it is more likely that my assumption that you assumed I was quoting a Professional golfer is the right assumption (that's a mouthful). Is there a reason to excuse such a statement just because it was said on a forum by someone who is not a professional golfer? I don't see it that way.

Quote:

I suppose I could be under the false assumption that Shorty is a golfer but I'm gonna go with it is more likely that my assumption that you assumed I was quoting a Professional golfer is the right assumption (that's a mouthful). Is there a reason to excuse such a statement just because it was said on a forum by someone who is not a professional golfer? I don't see it that way.

I tried to ignored your comment before, but it would be reasonable to ridicule an adult who believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny as well, so you'd probably be better off keeping your moralistic nonsense to yourself, lest you expose yourself even more. You brought it up, not me. If you want to believe in things that aren't true, fine. But don't expect people to take you seriously.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

I tried to ignored your comment before, but it would be reasonable to ridicule an adult who believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny as well, so you'd probably be better off keeping your moralistic nonsense to yourself, lest you expose yourself even more. You brought it up, not me. If you want to believe in things that aren't true, fine. But don't expect people to take you seriously.

Sorry Sparky... I'm an Atheist.

Sorry Sparky... I'm an Atheist.

Glad to know it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

The ever-scowling Overton gets a bad rap because he looks like Spaulding (Judge Smail's grandson) [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jn1p7SXM1w[/VIDEO]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

He's a young guy with a lot of money and obviously likes to have a good time...who cares....

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Note: This thread is 4473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!