Sign in to follow this  
iacas

"Going for the Green: Prepare Your Body, Mind, and Swing for Winning Golf" by Gilchrist, Hill, and Troesch

Note: This thread is 2994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 posts / 1268 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Good book for a competitive junior golfer to learn how to cycle through different phases of practice (technique, drills, competitive) before tournaments.  The book is mostly for learning how to prepare for tournaments and not much emphasis on technique.

Note: This thread is 2994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2020 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • We cannot read a person's mind to obtain the person's mental state of intent.  Intent can be proven based upon a logical assessment of the circumstances.  Whether Reed and Lexi (or any other player for that matter) acted willfully, knowingly, recklessly, or negligently can be of some debate.  For Lexi and her ball-marking incident, based upon how she marked the ball, she was at least reckless because a reasonable golfer on the PGA Tour would not act as she did.  Same goes for Reed. Note, none of this matter for the breach of the rule, but it is certainly a worthy consideration for a person's own subjective view and distaste/distrust of the player moving forward.   You're making an incorrect statement here as noted above.  Intent is "proven" every day in courts of law.  It's no different here.  It's too convenient of a defensive tactic for a rule-breaker to employ (note: I'm not calling you a rule-breaker; I'm stating that defense does not fly as you present it).  Simply arguing "you don't have evidence of intent" isn't enough.  Intent can be proven based upon the circumstances because otherwise, you're requiring clairvoyance, hardly an attainable skill at present.  The law does not require clairvoyance and neither should you.
    • Yeah, exactly. So why the "oh I've taken his classes and never heard of the different setups for different abilities" response then, when I said I watched a video of him showing exactly what you just said.
    • It depends on the circumstance of the particular hole on which you are playing.  Obviously, you want to control the face and strike location (leaving path aside because ppl generally have a better control of path than they do face or strike) to reduce dispersion as much as possible.  I mean, on some holes, you afford to miss 50 yards offline, depending on where you miss it.  On some holes, you can't miss it by much.  That's why face control and strike control are paramount to reducing curvature by as much as possible.  For me, I primarily play a little draw with every club.  However, with driver, my standard shot is a fade because I don't want to see a ball go left with driver; because my miss can be a shut clubface and a big difference in face to path, a hook with driver is very destructive.  But a little cut allows me to get the ball in play.  I can aim up the left and swing as fast I as my body can allow me.
    • Thanks @klineka.  That makes good sense.  
    • Looking at it from a shot zone perspective, typically a slightly slanted oval, those left misses that you have with the driver are the left side of your oval. If there is trouble left, just align the shot zone so that the left edge of the oval doesn't bring the trouble into play. Then obviously if there isn't enough room for the right half of your shot zone without bringing trouble into play, then it would likely be wise to club down, but it doesn't make sense IMO to automatically put the driver away just because there is trouble on the left. Just take the trouble into account and aim your shot zone far enough right so that your left miss won't reach the trouble. That even might mean aiming the center of your shot zone into the right rough, which would mean that roughly half of your drives end up in the right rough and only those that you pull or miss left would be in the fairway, but shots in the right rough are better than going OB.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Catcher20
      Catcher20
      (30 years old)
    2. JD15
      JD15
      (55 years old)
    3. Stixman
      Stixman
      (75 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...