IGNORED

How is your handwriting?

Note: This thread is 3364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd like to start off by saying hello again to all; It's been awhile since I've last posted on this website.

Recently, more than ever, I've been getting compliments on my handwriting. I am currently in the process of making my own font, since I have some friends willing to buy it (for like $2.50). I am also writing a paper for English on graphology and handwriting. I'm curious as to how everyone's handwriting looks; bad handwriting can sometimes mean the difference between a '3' and an '8' on a hole :)

Here is a sample of my handwriting from some government notes for my high school class:

http://imgur.com/mKC8h

Side-note: If you want to post a picture of your handwriting, imgur.com is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the easiest ways.

• Administrator

What's handwriting? ;-)

I don't remember the last time I wrote much. I'll try to find something and scan it so I can add to this thread. It's not good, but it's not terrible either.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

What's handwriting? ;-)

I don't remember the last time I wrote much. I'll try to find something and scan it so I can add to this thread. It's not good, but it's not terrible either.

I would love to see your 'handwriting' my good sir. Since I know your background as an established web developer and golf instructor, I'm curious as to how your handwriting would look (since I'm assuming you don't need it much). I'm going to school as a Landscape Architect; Not too hard to imagine after seeing my handwriting I guess haha

The only time I write these days is if it's a scribbled shopping list or signing for my bank cards. And numbers for golf.

As far as writing where I'm trying to create a good impression, those days are fairly well long gone.

It feels strange doing it and my signature is the only thing I can write fluently and neatly.

Without trying to be overly critical of LHPM, his printing is reasonably neat and tidy, but it says a lot about current standards if people are moved to comment on its quality!

This is what anyone over about 70 would consider neat handwriting:

writing.jpg

Originally Posted by Shorty

The only time I write these days is if it's a scribbled shopping list or signing for my bank cards. And numbers for golf.

As far as writing where I'm trying to create a good impression, those days are fairly well long gone.

It feels strange doing it and my signature is the only thing I can write fluently and neatly.

Without trying to be overly critical of LHPM, his printing is reasonably neat and tidy, but it says a lot about current standards if people are moved to comment on its quality!

This is what anyone over about 70 would consider neat handwriting:

Thank you for your 'compliment' :) haha

I suppose I do have a fairly liberal view of 'handwriting' as anything that is written by hand (in one's most commonly used format). Which, is exactly what that was in the link I provided.

That handwriting is beautiful to the eye, and very elegant. I do not prefer to write that way in everyday terms, as it isn't highly practical (takes a while to read for most people).

I do write in a self-made, somewhat print/calligraphic hybrid for the scoreboards I have been hired to make for the local chapter of the U.S. Kid's Golf Tournaments.

Originally Posted by right handed phil mickelson

I'd like to start off by saying hello again to all; It's been awhile since I've last posted on this website.

Recently, more than ever, I've been getting compliments on my handwriting. I am currently in the process of making my own font, since I have some friends willing to buy it (for like $2.50). I am also writing a paper for English on graphology and handwriting. I'm curious as to how everyone's handwriting looks; bad handwriting can sometimes mean the difference between a '3' and an '8' on a hole :)

Here is a sample of my handwriting from some government notes for my high school class:

http://imgur.com/mKC8h

Side-note: If you want to post a picture of your handwriting, imgur.com is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the easiest ways.

Your penmanship seems easy to read which is important to me, but it's sure not what I pictured when reading the word "handwriting".

Perhaps people commented that your handwriting is so neat you basically "write like a girl"?

My handwriting/printing is absolutely atrocious, has been my entire life. I'm not sure how large these images are, but if you can see them, they're fairly indicative of my handwriting. It's a little smaller than I normally write (and maybe a bit neater than normal), I'll try and find something else if I can. When I write I'm usually just trying to get pencil on paper. I can be neat if I go really really slowly, but I just don't see much of a point. I can read it, and anything I need other people to read I type. P.S. That was my study guide on a history exam. Don't bother reading it, I enjoy history but there's a reason I'm a mechanical engineering major.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Your penmanship seems easy to read which is important to me, but it's sure not what I pictured when reading the word "handwriting".

Perhaps people commented that your handwriting is so neat you basically "write like a girl"?

It sounds like I have different views than most on the topic of 'handwriting.'

And yes, I get told I write like a girl all the time. I honestly don't care if they say I write like a girl or not. I take it as a compliment. People whom I don't know will rip the paper away from me and stare at it. I figure it's happened too much to be normal. I hate bragging, and I'm trying to be as far from it as possible. I'm just posting for research purposes.

I see I'm not the only one who's penmanship is influenced by a monkey!

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

If you gave a monkey a wax crayon and a piece of paper and then tickled the monkey while the crayon was applied to the paper, that would likely resemble my hand writing...

I was going to use atrocious as my adjective.  However, after seeing yours I would have to upgrade mine to something slightly better than atrocious.

Originally Posted by jamo

My handwriting/printing is absolutely atrocious, has been my entire life. I'm not sure how large these images are, but if you can see them, they're fairly indicative of my handwriting. It's a little smaller than I normally write (and maybe a bit neater than normal), I'll try and find something else if I can.

When I write I'm usually just trying to get pencil on paper. I can be neat if I go really really slowly, but I just don't see much of a point. I can read it, and anything I need other people to read I type.

P.S. That was my study guide on a history exam. Don't bother reading it, I enjoy history but there's a reason I'm a mechanical engineering major.

My handwriting is terrible, and looks very similar to Jamo's. My script issues likely stem from how I hold a pen/pencil. I'm right handed, but I hold a writing device with a severely palmar flexed right wrist--it's just more comfortable for me. People have said "you write like a left-handed person". In the third grade, when we were learning cursive (don't think they even teach this anymore), my teacher told me to stop writing in cursive and to go back to print--she couldn't read my cursive. Because of my palmar flexed right wrist, all the cursive ink above where I was currently writing would get smudged and distorted. So, in fourth and fifth grades, while everyone else wrote in their new "fancy" cursive, I developed my own script (which looks a lot like Jamo's)--a mix of upper and lower case oddly slanted and crippled print. My sixth grade teacher had a conference with my parents and I, and threatened to hold me back for handwriting, even though, otherwise I was a straight A student. I'll post a scanned copy later.

I write in all caps, where lowercase letters are just half the size.  I started doing it when I got to high school.  My dad is an engineer and I guess I picked it up from there.  It always seemed neater because none of the letters cross the horizontal ledger lines and it's easy to read.

Originally Posted by shades9323

I was going to use atrocious as my adjective.  However, after seeing yours I would have to upgrade mine to something slightly better than atrocious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

My handwriting/printing is absolutely atrocious, has been my entire life. I'm not sure how large these images are, but if you can see them, they're fairly indicative of my handwriting. It's a little smaller than I normally write (and maybe a bit neater than normal), I'll try and find something else if I can.

When I write I'm usually just trying to get pencil on paper. I can be neat if I go really really slowly, but I just don't see much of a point. I can read it, and anything I need other people to read I type.

P.S. That was my study guide on a history exam. Don't bother reading it, I enjoy history but there's a reason I'm a mechanical engineering major.

Ya, that looks like an excerpt from Kevin Spacey's notebooks from the movie Seven

102621.jpg

kevin-spacey-seven.jpg

• Upvote 1

My printed writing is bad. It has an inconsistent and somewhat immature look to it. I think it's readable by almost anyone, but it does nothing kind for the eye. My wife makes fun of it. When I focus and write slowly I can write much more neatly, but it's laborious. My standard writing is printing with inconsistent lettering and a slight downhill slant that I have to focus on to eliminate. :-P

Note: This thread is 3364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!